Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Time To Bring It Back

I don't know about you, but I can be self motivated to accomplish a lot of things... the desire to organize (oh I get excited... I'm a big dork), shop (whether I buy something or not), have fun with Hubby, friends, and our babies, eat sweets (I have a problem=))... but sometimes I need accountability to have real progress in other areas... like exercising consistently, eating well, and reading my Bible (and mopping but I won't count that right now)!

Let's talk. {1} We just had a baby and I gained 50 pounds. Yes 50. Whew! I gained even more the first preggy, but I got to blame part of that on complications. ;) We're all ok! Except for my ego right now. I feel like it came off so much faster last time and this time like it loves me more than I love it and it's just hanging on. I know it's only been 6 weeks but still! I have 30 lbs to lose. I'm feeling gross friends. You'll only see pics of me head on... I fear if my belly is seen from the side someone will ask, "You still got another baby in there?" I (semi) kid. My incredibly sweet Hubby tells me I'm beautiful, hot, and sexy everyday... I would love to believe him (always been a struggle for me). {2} We just moved about a month before Next Edition was born so we've been in transition for... too long. And I admit I haven't been reading my Bible. And I need to; to be a better role model for the bebes, a better wife, and a more "ready to share" knowledgeable child of God. {3} I love food. I said it. And I ate a little more, haha, a lot more of what I wanted when I was preggy, because that's what my body needed=). I will tell you right now friend, I'm never going to give up sweets and I'm not going to eat organic cardboard everyday. We're just getting back to eating healthy and exercising and maintaining that healthy lifestyle. No excuses anymore!=)

It's time to bring back: AccBLOGability! Accountability + (the fabulous world of) Blogging = AccBLOGability.

I need to do this for myself because it's just not working to just say I'm going to do better, but I would LOVE it if you would join me too! Once a week (I'm thinking Mon or Fri but if you prefer a different day speak up girls) I'll post AccBLOGability Friday and share how I'm doing. This is going to be a place where you can share you're progress or struggles in one, two, or all three areas. No pressure. You can simply write you're doing the same, better, or it's been a tough week, or you can share specifics and what's been working or not working for you. We can share ideas, recipes, tips, fun workouts, study books, or how you're reading the Bible. You can either comment or blog more in depth about your progress. It can be a short post, bullets, or a full on how you did that week. Or you can just comment to share any ideas you have or encouragement for other blogettes. Even if you're already on a program. It always helps to know others going through the same thing! Either way, join along and encourage and support fellow blogettes in any or all of these areas!

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

YAY! I'm glad it's back, love it!!!

amywelborn said...

I gained 50 lbs too!...Well, at least that's when I stopped looking! Took me months to get it off and I still don't feel the same! Having babies sure works a number on the bod!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I agree, I like the idea of Monday though!

Jenny.Lee said...

Love it!!!

In this wonderful life... said...

this is AWESOME! I think it is a great idea! I would love to cheer ya on :)

The Farmer Files said...

I would have never ever have guessed on the weight...but LOL you crack me up on the NO cardboard organic. HA!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Great idea! I'm glad to see you're bringing this back!!

Lucky in Love said...

I think this is a fantastic idea...in fact I just blogged about accountability today! I'll totally be participating!!

Rachel H. said...

Great idea...I'll be right there with you, after this baby is born! :)

Lauren said...

Oh i've missed this!!! So glad it's back!

Saskia said...

What a great idea!! I definitely need to be held accountable for the things I promise I'll do and never get round to.

Count me in! I'd love to encourage and to be encouraged to reach our goals!

Saskia x

pocket full of pink said...

What an awesome idea!! And PS. You look SOOOOO teeny tiny in ALL of your pictures!

Gwen said...

Girl I am so excited about this. I definitely use my blog to be accountable for lots of things. I don't think I ever would have quit smoking without my blogging friends cheering me on. I'll be here for you!!! XOXO

Heather said...

Just for the record, you didn't look like you gained 50 pounds this time. I thought you looked great and tiny!! I love your idea, go girl!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved