Monday, August 10, 2009

I Don't Have a Foot Complex

Anymore!! Conversation with my Mom... I can't remember where we saw the soon-to-be, said box, but here it was...
Me: Wow, that box is small.

My Mom: That box fits a pair of shoes?

Me: I don't see how a pair of shoes could fit in there.

Mom: Well not yours.

hahahaha!! Thanks Mom, thanks! I can laugh about it now...ha! She used to make jokes all the time when I was in high school and college (and possibly younger, I think I just blocked it out - breaking news just talked to Mom and she said indeed it was even in 4th and 5th grade, and I was in her shoes already, allegedly =)) about how big my feet were. She always called my shoes clodhoppers, which I just found out meant this! And joked that she would trip over my feet because they were so big. I'm just over 5'7" and wear around a 9 1/2, depending on style and brand. =) Although, I'm convinced that I've shrunk over time and my feet have changed sizes too! Anybody?! At one time I wore an 8 1/2 (and no it wasn't when I was five... or before I was "fully grown" ha, or my first pair of shoes - thanks for that one Mom) and now sometimes wear a ten (in flips). I used to have a complex that my feet were huge (and would have just assumed buy and squeeze my feet into a pair of shoes 3 sizes too small to make them appear smaller) but I am now very comfortable with my feet, even at 38 weeks pregnant!

15 comments:

Kristy said...

Well I'm 5'2 with 8-8 1/2! Mine are big for my height! But my mom is 5'6 with size 10-11. Weird!!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Feet makes me think of The Bachelorette! My feet are average size 7 1/2. I love shoes and it hurt my paycheck when I worked in the Penney's shoe department!

Gwen said...

I have an average foot size of 7.5 but my sister is a size 5 and so was my mom. I have abnormally large feet for our family. LOL!!! I love that photo. So funny. XOXO

Nikki said...

LOL! There is no shame in having big feet. I'm 5'6" and have worn a size 10 since middle school.

Following HIM said...

Okay, I am 6 foot and wear a 15 in ladies and a 12 in mens! I know...clown feet!
~Elyse

Rachel H. said...

I have a complex that my feet are too small sometimes, because people always comment on them. I wear a 5 1/2 - 6.

Lindsey said...

Hahaha! I always got teased for having abnormally small feet, ha!

Lindsey said...

Hahaha! I always got teased for having abnormally small feet, ha!

Lauren said...

Haha...I'm also on the abnormally small end of things! But I'm also with you, I think my feet have shrunk a bit since my high school/college days!

Tara Gibson said...

i have some big feets! haha sometimes i wish i had smaller ones

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I don't think you're feet are too big at all! That's hilarious that your mom teezes you about that!! HA

a H.I.T. said...

I wear a 9 - 9 1/2 and I'm just about 5'7" so that seems about normal to me :)

Heather said...

I wish I had a thinner foot!! My husband says I have "hooves" for feet. I have a size 8 foot but a 9 cause of the width, attractive I know!

Lucky in Love said...

I have huge feet...I'm really a 10 1/2...but since no one makes those EVER...I have to wear 10s or 11s. HUGE!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I totally wear like, 10, 10.5! The only problem with it that I have is that sometimes I can't find the fabulous shoes I want in these sizes, Oh well!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved