Monday, August 17, 2009

The Cake and The Theme!! BabyBoy's 2nd B-Day Par-tay

We had BabyBoy's 2nd B-Day party on Saturday! [He turned 2 at the end of June but had to wait for the big partay because we moved and then had Next Edition=).] My Mom has a lot of the party pics on her camera so today is about the theme and cake!

My Mom always used to make fun cakes for our birthdays. I was so excited to continue the tradition and design and make special cakes for our little ones!

Last year was sports... My first big, intricate cake! I was excited about the grass border around the top and the tufts of grass in the outfield too, ha! The baseball is a cake too! - we lifted it off to be his cake=)!

[Daddy played baseball (the best shortstop around!), tennis, a little soccer, basketball, plays flag football, and softball now. And I played a little basketball, we played pick up games in college (so fun!), football too=), and we played a couple coed softball seasons together (other ones I was either pregnant or had a broken finger=)], and tennis! And BabyBoy plays them all now!!

This year was music! He LOVES everything music. It is so sweet! My first tier and fondant (and funfetti) cake!!! I made the violin, bow, and colored notes out of fondant too!

Close ups of the violin, bow, back, and the cake=) Click on a pic to enlarge.

He LOVES playing his violin, his little piano, and Uncle Paul's old guitar. He LOVES watching and asks all the time for the arts channel - the conductors, orchestras, solos pieces, opera, and dancing. He LOVES singing Je sus Loves Us, ABCs, Tawinkle Tawinkle=), Row Row Row, This Little Light, Scale with solfege Do re mi..., Old McDonald, The B.I.B.L.E, Happy Birthday song, I know I'm forgetting some=)! He LOVES conducting or playing the piano or strumming the guitar and singing at the same time time, it is so cute! He LOVES listening to orchestra music in the car (he asks whenever we have anything else on=)).

Oh and the music on the staff on the top of the cake is Je sus Loves Me=) since it's one of his favorite songs to sing! Can't wait to post the rest of the party pics! We had a great time and my Mom again was incredible again in helping! We were up until after 3am on Sat getting ready, she (and Hubby) was doing food & decorations and I was doing the cake. It cracks me up because we've all done several big parties in the past couple months and we stay up so late that we get sooo giddy, making jokes, acting goofy, and just cracking up and having so much fun together. But my Mom and Hubby have said no more big parties for a while=)! ha!

31 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow---those cakes are amazing!!! Way to go! I'm sure your little darling loved them!

Rachel said...

Great job Mama!!! I am so impressed!!!!

The Pink Chick said...

Wow! These cakes are amazing! You are so talented! Happy Birthday to your little one!

Shaina said...

Oh my gosh! I am completely blown away by how amazing those cakes are! Wow - how do you have the time??!!!

Sherrie said...

You are so talented! Love the cakes. :)

jlc said...

this is ADORABLE!!! love that this year's theme is music too!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

wow you did a great job on those cakes!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I have never worked with fondant before. I'm impressed! They both look great!

Megan said...

Those look AWESOME! ((This is the first time i've seen his name too..cuteee!)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Wow - gorgeous cakes! So detailed, nice. And I love that it played music as well. Happy Birthday to your little babe!

Brittany Ann said...

What amazing cakes! And I spot Funfetti in there! My fav!

Molly said...

Amazing job! That cake is very impressive! You should go into buisness!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

You are a fondant ROCK STAR, Mama!

ARK said...

I was so impressed with the cake, not only pretty but yummy too! You are so talented, I can't even spread icing on a cake without the cake coming up! Not to mention you just had a baby, your boys are blessed to have such a talented mommy!

Jon and Steph said...

Wow, talent much! Those are awesome, you did such a great job!

Lucky in Love said...

I cannot even tell you how wonderful this is! I am so impressed with you :)

Did you end up making your own fondant??

Saskia said...

Wow!!! You could start taking bookings to make cakes... I would certainly pay for a cake like that!! What did he think when he saw it? I bet he was overjoyed!

Saskia x

Shannon said...

Awesome cakes! I've always wanted to make something like that, but I'm too afraid to try!

Lindsey said...

GORGEOUS cakes!!!!

Gwen said...

I love the cakes!!! You did a fabulous job and I love that Jesus Loves Me is on it too!!! So fun.

I don't mind the polish on my toes it's my finger nails I don't like. It's more of a redish pink and I avoid red on my nails. LOL!!!

XOXO

Tara Gibson said...

oh my gosh! those look AMAZING! great job!

Suzette said...

Amazing cakes! My mom used to create fun cakes like that for us! Good memories!

Rachel H. said...

Wow!! You did a great job on the cake! I would totally just order one! :)

Heather said...

Great job on the cakes!! These look awesome! Sounds like a great party, cakes look yummy!

a H.I.T. said...

Ummm...did I read that correctly? You MADE those cakes? How did you learn? I've been thinking (for some time now) to take a class. I hear Wilkins has them...

The Shabby Princess said...

Um. I just died. You MADE those cakes?? You're amazing!! So glad your darling son got to have a fun birthday--he's lucky to have such a great Mamma!

Amber said...

Girl! I'm impressed! That cake is seriously awesome.

Melissa said...

Wow, cute cakes!

I just wanted to let you know i have a giveaway going on at my blog this week! I hope you'll come and check it out!

Lindsay said...

Holy Moly you're talented!! A fondant cake?! For real?! I need lessons. My cakes are far less, um, "cool" to put it nicely. :-)

And guess what? My hubby was the best shortstop around here, too!
:-)

Abbie said...

You did an amazing job!!

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the top Patch Management system for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central helpdesk software
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg
Loading...

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved