Thursday, July 16, 2009

We're in Love! and We're Home! and Names

We're home!! and are so in love with this sweet baby!!

We LOVE having a teeny one added to our family! He's so alert, so sweet, super cute ;), and does not like having a messy diaper which is so different than BabyBoy, haha.

We were cleared to go on Monday and got home around 2pm =) We had a couple little worries before we left the hospital but all is well and God is good!

Some of you asked about our little one's names. We love to pick names that are after family members by their name, the first letter of their name, or the meaning =) Both our little ones have their American names and they also have Hebrew names.

BabyBoy's Names

His American name is after Hubby's Granddad (and Great and Dad and him), he is the fourth =) [sorry I can't post it=)]

But he actually goes by his Hebrew name which is Eitan Itzhak. You pronounce Eitan... ay Tahn like... (day w/out the d) ay-T-on. Eitan means strength and is after my Mom who has been a significant person in our lives. We love the name though because it is sooo fitting for him being so strong through his surgery the morning after he was born and throughout his time in the NICU. His middle Hebrew name is after my Poppop (Dad's Dad) and it means laughter which is soo fitting for anyone in our family=) We love to laugh!!

Next Edition's Names

His American name is Kobe Monroe. Kobe (which I've always loved) is after Hubby's Grandfather (Mom's side) because their names have the same meaning. And Monroe is after Hubby's Grandmother (Mom's side) who's name is Myrtle and my Grandma (Mom's side) who's name was Menucha [and his Grandfather's middle name is actually Monroe as well=)].

His Hebrew name is Tuvia Avraham (we love Tuvi or Avi as nicknames =)). Tuvia is after my Grandpa (Mom's side) and means God is good which is sooo fitting for this little guy and his pregnancy and delivery=)! Avraham is after my Great Poppop (Dad's side) which means father of many=).

***

I haven't been spending time online because I don't want BabyBoy to think my attention is taken away from him even more right now =) And then there's rest people keep telling me to do =).

We're doing great and love being a family of four!! We're so old, haha! I'm not going to lie, I have a couple of sore b00bs, but I can't complain one bit (and he's latching on great=))! And I don't think I have even changed a diaper yet, Hubby is soooo good, middle of the night and everything!! [Grandma has been here helping too, especially w/ BabyBoy =)]

I hope you are doing fab and thank you so much for your sweet well wishes!!! I'm tellin' ya, every single one brings a big ole goofy smile to my face =)!!! Blog ya soon blogettes!

38 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

He is just beautiful!

Love all the thought into the name too! Names - stick with us our whole life!

Good luck getting settled & in new routines

Lucky in Love said...

He is simply gorgeous sweetie! I'm so happy for you two and your little family :)

Glad you're doing well. Now rest up!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a precious little guy! I am glad that things are going so well...now go get some rest!

Aly said...

He is precious! I'm happy everything went well for you!

Gwen said...

He is just so adorable!!! Congrats again!!! XOXO

Lauren said...

He's such a precious little one! Congrats!

Megan said...

He is sooo cute! Glad you guys are home and doing well!

Jillian said...

So sweet!! Congrats again!!

Tara Gibson said...

he is so so sweet!

Mrs. Realife said...

SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

He's simply precious and you are a fantastic mother :)

Love hearing about the names and how your family is so intertwined and special!!

Becky said...

He's so adorable! I love the name(s) you chose and the meanings behind them. I can't think of ANY I am in love with at this point, but I know they will come :)

Rachel said...

So glad you are home and doing well!!! He is sooooo cute!!!!

Lindsey said...

I am so glad to hear things are going well! I am just so excited for your sweet family!!! He is gorgeous!

Megan said...

He is precious! Enjoy your time together..don't worry about us we'll be back when you have a change to sign on again :)

Suzette said...

He is so cute! I am glad you guys are home and adjusting well!

pocket full of pink said...

Oh I loveee family names! Everyone in our family has a name dating back to even the Mayflower, so fun. KOBE IS ADORABLE!! I hope you get as much rest as you possibly can! WELCOME HOME!

Brown Girl said...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATS!! He is so adorable!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Look at that precious babe!! Enjoy your time with your family.. we'll be here when you get back =)

Heather said...

Congrats on your new little one! He is so beautiful and you look great! Meant to say congrats earlier, but been away! I love his name!

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a precious baby! I love the all the tradition behind the boys' names.

Jon and Steph said...

What a precious baby boy! I'm so happy for you both ;)

Carrie said...

he is so cute!

a H.I.T. said...

He is just precious!!!

Lianna Knight said...

Precious precious :)

Glad everyone is home and doing well.

Jenny.Lee said...

So so precious!

Following Him said...

Sweetness! Glad Newaddition is HOME and happy!
~Elyse

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, what a beautiful little blessing! He is so special and wonderful! I am so happy for you all! Sending up prayers for thanks for this little one!

Rachel said...

He is so so so cute! Glad to know you're all home and happy! And that's great that he's latched on well with nursing! Sounds like a keeper :)

Rachel H. said...

He is SO cute! I'm so glad that you guys are home and safe! Your post for some reason made me emotional, but I guess maybe it's just realizing that this will be me before too much longer!

Krystyn said...

What a handsome little man!

Glad things are going so well.

Amy said...

What a beautiful boy! Congratulations.. I know you waited so long for him. Glad to see your dreams come true. Blessings friends

pinkpolkadotaa said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats again - I'm glad all is well and that you are enjoying your family of four - four is a great number! :-) Take care, get resst, and update us when you see fit - family first!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Thanks for the naming background! I love hearing those!I also went back to some prior posts and read more about your faith journey - growing up Jewish but now believing in Jesus. Would love to hear more about! Email me at NewlywedsNextDoor@gmail.com if you have a chance.

Jules said...

Congratulations and what a beautiful little boy! I love that you named both children after members of the family. I think that is so meaningful and traditional.

Take care and I am so happy that you're home and doing well :)

alyssa said...

CONGRATS!! glad you are doing well. he is so sweet!

Trina said...

He's precious! I love the names. The fact that they are very well thought out and have deep meanings as well as being unique!

Congrats on the new baby, sorry I missed it when it actually happened! I've been so behind this summer keeping up with blogs!

Abbie said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie pie!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved