Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday Fodder =)

1. I "tried" to speak with a customer service rep. from our bank and had to go through the dreaded automated "man"! He asked me to say what I needed to accomplish. I said, "Stop payment," and he said, "To send money to mexico press 1." What??? hahahaha!! Nooo!

2. The yoga pants came off and I took both boys to a playgroup last Thursday!! It was great to get out and see some of the girls and BabyBoy had a great time too=)! NE and his little 1 1/2 week sweet self slept the whole time and then I fed him before we left, right on schedule (becomes a flexible routine once established). =)

3. One of these days I will measure and see what a real half cup serving of ice cream looks like! For now, I will live in denial that my serving is really only equal to one... ok maybe one and half servings... ok or two on those "I need some ice cream" days. ha.

4. Next Edition is doing great on the schedule! He eats every three hours during the day and now after our bedtime routine I let him go as long as he wants at night (I was letting him go 3 - 3 1/2 hrs). He's been going over 3 hrs - 5 hr blocks! This is how it usually goes during the day: he eats, then has his awake time for about an hour from the time he gets up (including whether he partially falls asleep while he's eating or not =) - I usually change his diaper between sides to wake him back up =) and use other tricks if needed=)), and then naps until it's time to eat again. =) Since he's doing such a great job, it allows us to spend one on one time with BabyBoy for playtime, dinner, etc.. We had BabyBoy on the same schedule and he was sleeping through the night around 5-7 wks, and 12 hours all the way through the night, by 12-15 wks old =)

5. I have decided I want to have lunch with Neil Patrick Harris. He's cracks us up. And he seems like he'd be so much fun to hang out with. Have you seen him on H0w I Met Y0ur M0ther or on Re gis and Kelly? So funny! Under normal circumstances we don't have lunch with the opposite sex but I have discussed it Hubby and it's ok in this case, partially because well you know, haha. And he would come anyway! =)

Happy Tuesday friends!!! So who would you want to have lunch with??

27 comments:

Jillian said...

Doogie Howser:)

Shannon said...

I'm in ice cream servings denial, too.

Ya'll don't have lunch with the opposite sex? Can you please tell my husband what a great idea that is?

Brittany Ann said...

way to go on keeping NE on a schedule! You've got it down to a perfect science, it seems!

quartermom said...

that is so cute!! i love your blog. thanks for leaving an encouraging message on mine. i should be ready any day but i have a schedule c-section in 3 weeks. it's a lot of those fall on your roller skate hurt braxton hicks these days. sheesh.
i think that's a hilarious show.
how i met your mother.

can you send me a copy of your schedule for feeding? I would love to take a stab at it. I just nursed my first one whenever. It became a schedule but I'd like to try what you are doing. You mentioned a little bit of what it was. But just send me a message with times and changing in between and what not if you don't mind.

Saskia said...

Yay, it sounds like you've all settled well into being a family of 4 :) So glad you're doing well!

I HATE those automated telephone things... they never pick up on what you say, however clearly you say it!

Saskia xx

Lauren said...

I hate the automated voice lines...I normally just keep hitting 0 until I get an operator.

Lucky in Love said...

Okay, when I have babies..I will be contacting you immediately for advice on sleep schedules! You thinking I'm joking? I'm making a note to myself right now :)

Meagan said...

I love Neil too!!! I'm so glad the new baby is letting mama get some sleep! =)

Lucky in Love said...

Ah...we are going to Nashville this weekend for a wedding! Should be a fun time :)

Tara Gibson said...

looks like you are settling in just fine with your fam of 4! : )

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Your little boys are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother!

Kristy said...

I love NPH! He is so funny!! My dumb local channels don't get R & K anymore, but I loved it when he co-hosted with Kelly!!

Scott Family Fun said...

good for you making it out to playgroup! I didn't want to leave the house for about a month after number 2 came!

Lindsey said...

Haha I always have serving size denial, whether it's ice cream or Cheez-its=)

LyndsAU said...

so glad the schedule is working out girl :) that is great! and you eat what you think 1 serving is. that's how i judge :) ha

a H.I.T. said...

I will never measure out a real serving of ice cream. Ever. I think my scoop is just right. No matter how wrong it might be :).

And NPH is hysterical.

Nikki said...

Just enjoy the ice cream.

Jenny.Lee said...

So glad you all are settling in well! I would love to sit and talk to Jewel. She seems so down to earth. (I'll admit to voting for Ty on Dancing with the Stars!)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

So glad things are going so well with your sweet boy(s)!!! I'm sure their sweet mother has something to do with why they take to things so well!!

I want to have lunch with Rachel McAdams. I kind of have a total girl crush on her!! That's allowed right?!

Gwen said...

I'm glad your schedule is working with NE too!!! It's always fun trying to figure them out. LOL!!! And I'm positive one serving of ice cream means they want you to fill one serving bowl. :) XOXO

Jon and Steph said...

It sounds like everything is working out perfectly with NE! That schedule sounds great. Um and I'm with you, I never measure my ice cream, I just justify it by eating something healthy for dinner ;)

I would have lunch with Paul Rudd, because he is so funny and I think that he would actually be really nice and fun to hang out with in "real life."

Jen Clark said...

We love How I Met Your Mother...didn't expect it to be so good!

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

NEVER find out what a real "half cup" of ice cream is...I don't want to know either!!!
I tagged you!

Renee said...

I am glad things are going well for you and your boys!

Molly said...

So glad NE is doing good!
I would love to have lunch with Tori Spelling. Partially because I think she is awesome, and partially because I want her to eat.

Heather said...

WHere did DOogie Howser go wrong! ha! I was going to say that I don't think your his type!! :) Glad to hear that things are going so well! YAY for getting out and a playdate!

The Farmer Files said...

would just love to have lunch with Hubs ALONE!!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved