Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thank Yous Are In Order!

First, we want to give a shout out to friends that provided us with meals and AO for bringing them! We had a meal for Mon, Wed, and Fri last week!! Such a huge blessing! And our rockin' friends who live close (AO again!) had leftover crockpot yumminess =) and brought some over last week too=) Thank you Hills, Hills, and Scotts! And AO you have been incredible!

Next, I have been so behind again on saying thank you for an award I was given!!!

Two sweet, funny, and real girls, that you should definitely check out gave me the Honest Scrap Award! Amy and Lucky in Love !!! Check 'em out=)! Ten things about me you may not know but that are true.

1. I have our credit card number memorized, exp date, and the code on the back. And no, it's not because I use it all the time, ha!

2. I gained 50 lbs during this pregnancy! It just happened. I could not have done that much differently!=) (I gained even more w BB partly bc of the complications=)) I was hoping for a really small 20 lb baby, haha (how's that for an oxymoron)! 15 would have been fine too!

3. I think you know this already but I love to host events! Get-togethers, dinners, parties, anything!

4. I love food. Ok that was never a secret. I come from a Jewish family! Ok, I love fried food. Terrible... yes. Yummy... yes yes. I'm craving vegetable tempura! To go with the sushi we want=)

5. I can't stand hearing people chew, crunch, slurp drinks or soup, or chew gum really loud! I can even tell if someone is eating on the phone and trying to hide it, ha. But if they really have to, to be able to talk then I can put it aside =). haha.

6. I am OCD about washing my hands. All throughout the day. Before I hold a baby, the whole time I'm cooking if I touch anything, wash my hands. I wish Bath and B0dy W0rks F0aming Hand S0ap was cheaper!

7. I used to try to trick myself in high school and college by setting my alarm clock and car clock forward. It started out at 5 minutes but then I'd get used to it so I had to further trick myself and go to 7 min, then ended up at 15, ha! And I snoozed the alarm at least 5-7 times.

8. I really want laser eye surgery and almost got it (I said it's expensive, Hubby said it's totally worth it for me, I've said for forever that I would cry if I woke up and could see) but woman gave me unclear info! She said I had to have three cycles after BabyBoy (this was 2008) was born, check, I was a candidate and in the office scheduling and then she said it had to be three cycles after I stopped nursing! Bummer! I'll just have to wait until after we have all of our little ones=)

9. I'm a muncher. Trying to stop. I may need a twelve step program. I try to justify by saying it's better to eat (5-7 meals) throughout the day than just 3 big meals. But I eat all day and 3 big meals..

10. We love to play games (I know I've said it before but we do=))! It's such a great time to have fun, laughs, and really get to know friends or have some competitive fun with the Hubby=)!

Hubby has been working an insane amount since Next Edition was born (mostly from home)! He was going to take one week off and one week easy and then three enormous proposals (he's the Director of Business Development) hit all at the same time and they weren't supposed to hit for months, even next year. He's been working until 2-4 am and going into the office for meetings (he canceled all other meetings that he'd have to travel farther for)! But he has still done an incredible job of not taking away from family time, hanging out with me, and playing with both boys!! As of this afternoon, all have been submitted!! So he's going to take some comp days and then next weekend take a couple days off so we can try to go away somewhere as a fam=) And we're going to get to go on a lunch date this Saturday! For what? What else?! Sushi!!! Yay! I can't wait=) Bring it on!

18 comments:

Nikki said...

Don't you love it when people are sweet enough to bring you meals after you've had a baby! Friends and Family are great.

Enjoy your lunch date Saturday!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

So nice to have such great people around to help out!! I'm sure that was a huge relief.

Oh and I am a muncher too! All day long...it's bad! If you find a 12 stepper, let me know :)

Lane said...

Oh I'm so with you on the handwashing thing! A little OCD here! I get made fun of a lot because of it!
And the food thing...I'm addicted to food! (that's probably why I gained 3 lbs in a month, found that out yesterday at my docs appt.! Yikes!!)
Oh, and the alarm clock...mine has been set 10 min early since high school! I know it is but for some reason it helps! Weird!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you had some great people bring you those meals...what a blessing!

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

Too fun! Love the post!

Lucky in Love said...

We are so alike it is ridiculous! Love you!

Jenny.Lee said...

I try to "trick" myself with the alarm time as well. ;)

Nancy said...

Great to hear things are going so well for all you guys!

Miss Anne said...

Love hearing the fun facts about you!

The clock "tricking" is also something I do.. ;)

I'm so glad the baby and family are doing well.

xoxo

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Yah, I'm going to have to be careful about the munchies once I stop nursing...

Thanks, I love it when people give us info about themselves! So interesting!

Team Clancy said...

I am so behind in reading my blogs...you had the baby! YEAH!!! Congrats, he is beautiful!!!

Shannon said...

I love the list! I was just thinking about how much you look like my co-worker - like seriously, yall could pass for twins. Email me and I'll send you a picture! Seriously!

LyndsAU said...

that list was fun to read :) we are a lot alike!
i am gonna end up gaining very close, if not right at, 50 lbs :)

Heather said...

I'm totally with you on #2 and #6... I gained the same amount with both my boys, oh and I love B&B antibacterial gel too. I have a travel size one in my purse upstairs as we speak ;).

The Shabby Princess said...

Have a wonderful lunch date!!!

I'm a total muncher too! I need to eat pretty much around the clock. It's not my best habit, that's for sure!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

If I had my credit card number memorized I would be broke. You have amazing self control!!!!

I'm a muncher too. I can't stop.

Sandy Toes said...

Meals are wonderful after a baby...a true blessing~
sandy toe

Heather said...

Isn't it so great people bringing you meals after having a baby, it's the best! I love your lists, I am becoming more like you in the washing hands department!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved