Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Have To Ask... =) (and an update!!)

Update!!! We had our appt this morning and I am now:
*3 cm dialated!
*75% effaced
*0 station (remember they go from -3 to +3 baby is comin' out=))
*And he stripped my membranes (it did not hurt and was not nearly as uncomfortable as I was afraid it would be! our doc did an amazing job and even said because I was such a good patient he was able to really do a good one on me!)

Ok, here on the east coast there is a fun term used for men who take care of their hygiene or are pretty stylin' or things like that. A metro=) Have you heard of the term metrosexual?? It doesn't have a negative connotation, it's just a funny way of saying that a man is stylish or cares about his appearance.

[Metrosexual is a neologism (a newly coined word that may be in the process of entering common use... ) of the 2000s generally applied to heterosexual men with a strong concern for their appearance, and/or a lifestyle that displays attributes stereotypically related to gay men.]

Have you heard of it? Have you used the term? Is your husband or boyfriend a metro? Does he just like to dress nice but doesn't get a mani and pedi more than you do, haha. Or is he a full on metro? Hair products, hair removal, nails, needing the right shoes to complete his outfit, can he walk past BR without buying something (haha)?

I feel really bad that I think I might offended someone when I used the term about her Hubby, but I was saying it in total fun and positively! Megan, if you're reading, I really hope I didn't offend you or Hubby=)!!

So mine is def a part metro. He likes to be clean shaven, hair cut, wear a black belt with black shoes (or browns), have his nails clipped (not manicured/pedi-ed though, he's scared of that, I got him to go with me once when we were on a getaway=)!), and he owns clothes from B anana Re public and JCrew.

What's yours??? Any metro-like qualities?=)

I've been away from a computer a ton so I'm still catching up!! I hope you had a great day and thank you soooo much for all of your well wishes and sweet comments, I can't tell you how much they make me smile friends!! Now off to try to have a baby!!!=) [in God's timing=)]

24 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Sometimes, I wish my husband was a little more metro. Sigh. I'm lucky if his shirts only have stains or holes, and not both!

Praying for that baby!

Shanny said...

Wow you are almost there, yay!

And yes, I definitely know the Metrosexual term... I'm in NY, need I say more? =)

Um, the only metrosexual qualities my husband has is that he shaves everyday..... and that's it lol

Jenny.Lee said...

I've used the term often but necessarily about my hubby. He isn't into clothes really but he does love ties so I guess there's his metro trait!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Q is from Europe and cares about his appearance. Abroad, metrosexual can at times mean one is a little gay, and therefore my husband has never appreciated the term. I use it as little as possible as it can be taken either way. My motto: better safe than sorry!

Yah for next edition almost here!

Megan said...

Oh my goodness...are you talking about me?? Girl, you did not offend me at all, not in the least! I just went through my comments to see if you were talking about me, and I saw that you did use the word, but I NEVER thought twice about it other than laughing and agreeing. Please do not for one second think that I am offended, not at all!

Lis said...

Yay!!! It's almost baby time!!!!!! Best of luck! I'm so excited for you!!!

And yes, I know all about the metro guys lol!! But my hubby is only very mildly metro! ;) I think it's a hilarious term - up there with bro-mance!!!

Jon and Steph said...

Oh my gosh!! Baby is coming soon ;) That's so exciting!

And.... my husband is half metro. He dresses very nice, but then he likes to be a manly man and get dirty too ;)

I don't think it's an offensive word at all! I use it often ;)

amywelborn said...

MIne is SO not metro....I wish he had a touch of it however. I feel like I have to dress him and tell him to shave...ugh!

Rachel H. said...

Mine likes all of those things...he shaves daily, he gets hair cuts regularly, he always wears a belt unless he is working outside and even then he sometimes does, he clips his nails often, and he owns clothes from both Banana Republic and JCrew, but I still don't consider him Metro, and I don't think that any of our friends or family would think so either. So, I'm not sure...He is maybe in between!

And hope that baby comes out soon!!

Jules said...

That is so exciting!! I'm saying a prayer that your baby comes soon.

My hubby is slightly metro (I think this term is hysterical too). He gets the occasional pedicure and likes to be clean and neat (most of the time!).

Heather said...

I can't wait to see your newest addition!! He's going to be here before you know it!!

THE Stephanie said...

The term metro is not new in my area (Texas) and my hubby is a TOTAL metro!!! And he'll tell you himself!! LOL

He doesn't get his nails done - LOL - but he has to be perfect as far as his hair, outfit, works out all the time, etc. But he's hot, so I don't mind. :)

LyndsAU said...

My husband is absolutely not a metro but I know many men that are!! Polo and jeans are good with him and he's clean and all but doesn't care one thing about trends, or lots of products!!
that baby is ready to arrive :)

Brett Alexandra said...

Hehe, no my hubs isn't very metro. I agree with the lady above. He likes a collared shirt and khaki's to look nice in and stays clean but doesn't care about trends. I def know some men who are, though!

Tara Gibson said...

not much longer!!!

Heather said...

I'm betting that you are probably in labor right about now! stripped membranes usually leads to the baby arriving within a day or so of doing that :).

As far a metrosexual my hubby (a former Army Ranger) is most definitely not... yes he shaves every day and knows the value of using lotion but that is pretty much where it ends ;).

a H.I.T. said...

Husby is a total metro. He owns more designer duds than me.

The Farmer Files said...

think this baby is going to come really quickly!!!

Rachel said...

My darling husband is the polar opposite of metro. I love him dearly but it'd be nice if he'd let me buy him new clothes!

Saying prayers for you and the baby!

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

Not so much. He's not into to clothes, but he does have to wear the right colors together (black belt with black shoes, etc.)

The Pink Chick said...

Wow! I can't believe it is almost time for the baby! How exciting! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

alyssa said...

3 centimeters!! we will be seeing baby pictures VERY soon :)

and no metro qualities here! it might be nice every now & then!!

Mike, Meg and Joseph said...

Hi Dina, I just had a few moments today to get caught up on your blog world! So fun... I noticed there is another Megan on here, so it might not have been me... But, Mike definitely has some great metro qualities! He likes to look good, he likes to have good hair, and he is a snazzy dresser! He is not a mani/pedi man... but I am trying to convince him he might like a pedi. Those soccer toes can look pretty rough :-)

We miss you guys and are so excited to welcome Kobe to this exciting world! Welcome Kobe! we can't wait to meet you -- we hope!

Love from the HOT HOT HOT desert!
meg

ChickenGal said...

I just recently heard this term, and then i sa w an article that described my husband. He is a ruralsexual.There is a whole explaination to ruralsexual and it is hilarious! It is a little long so I am sending to youe e-mail.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved