Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hi Friends!! and The New Dining Room

We're still here! Next Edition must be pretty comfy in there=)! Can you believe it!

I meant to tell you that I'm on twitter and I've been trying to tweet more! Do you tweet? Let me know so I can follow you too!

I am going to give updates via twitter (and a post here or there too=)) thoughout our labor! I think you guys (along w/ my amazing husband!) will keep me encouraged that maybe I can do it naturally=) If I have to get an epidural it'll be ok, but my goal is non-medicated (for a lot of reasons=))! Just click on the "follow me" button in the left sidebar =)


And how about before and after pics of the Dining Room?! So we wanted a "color" and theme and here's what we did for now! It's our first (rusty) orange dining room! We had a Tuscan piece of art that we love [got it at Home G00ds in AZ!] that we decided would be the theme for our dining room =)

BEFORE

Again, the entire... entire room was wallpapered!! And it was 10x more difficult to take off than the family room! If you need an impentetrable material for a b0mb shelter, this is it!! I can't believe this one didn't put me into labor! I guess it got me to 3cms though, haha!

And again, a border at the top on top of the other wallpaper! And peachish trim! Peach! Again! =)

AFTER so far =) new lighting to come and more for the wall at some point=)

Sorry the lighting is terrible, but here's the Tuscan art that was the inspiration.

Underneath the picture on the buffet is a tray with the cake topper and broken glass (remember Mazel Tov!!) from our wedding, and our first real antiques purchase from a cute little town in AZ =)

The buffet was my Mommom and Poppop's (my Dad's parents) and is sooo special to me!

The china cabinet is one of my favorite things about the room! It keeps the 6 settings of china and the crystal we got for our wedding, that I love!!! And we've never used! =) Have you used your china?? My Aunt keeps saying that my Mommom never used her "nice" things for fear that they'd get ruined, but then she was sorry she didn't enjoy them when she could. And really they are just "things" =)


The cake plate on the china cabinet has my bouquet and one of our bridesmaids bouquets in it from our wedding! =) [ETA: the table and china cabinet were hand me downs from a family that I worked for=)]


I hope you're doing great!!! You guys are blogging faster than I can read!! I have hundreds of posts to catch up on! =) Whew! I'll be coming to you soon, it'll probably be a few at a time=)! Blog ya soon blogettes!

26 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

All of your hard work looks great!

Jules said...

Hi friend! Your dining room looks amazing...you did a wonderful job and all of that hard work is really paying off. I love the color scheme. I also love your china cabinet and your china.

I think I already follow you on Twitter...I'll have to check. I love that you're going to "tweet" while in labor. I am on there as ChicnPink.

I'm still praying for a happy and healthy next edition to come along soon!

ARK said...

I just knew you had to be in labor or have had him since you hadn't blogged in 2 days:) And to think you were just busy decorating! Where did you get all that energy? Looks good:) Glad you took pics of the peaches, that will bring you some laughs for a while:)

Jon and Steph said...

Love it! I just love bright colors and that color is great for a dining room!

I cannot believe baby hasn't come! Wow girl! I will definitely follow along with your twitter updates ;)

Tater Mama said...

Thank goodness you and your husband came along and rescued that house from the decorating nightmare it was in!! What you've shown so far looks great! I LOVE that dining room!

I've used my china lots of times. I'd heard too many people say that very thing about never using it. When we got married, we asked for it and people were kind enough to give it to us, so I hate for it to just sit there.

Use your good china, girl! It can turn an ordinary supper into something special. :) And that dining room is just too pretty not to "do it up right" in!

Lianna Knight said...

Looks great!! What a difference a little paint makes :)

Rachel H. said...

I love the orange...you guys did a great job and the photo is beautiful! Great job!!

Shannon said...

I love the orange!! That looks great!

Lauren said...

That looks fantastic!

Also, by the way we didn't even register for fancy china--partially because of a lack of room & I knew we'd never use it.

Amber said...

That room looks awesome! We didn't register for china because we knew we'd never use it at this point in our lives. Maybe one day we'll get some. I would like a china cabinet though because I do have some things I could display in it.

Hope you get to see your newest little family member soon!

THE Stephanie said...

Love, love LOVE your dining room color!! Looks fabulous!!

Have a great weekend, and maybe a baby in there somewhere. He he he.

Newlywed Next Door said...

WOW! Awesome room! You did a great job on it. I really like how you used the "Tuscany inspiration" too!

Heather said...

Yes, I tweet and I already follow you! I love the before and afters, it's gorgeous!!

Nikki said...

You have been a busy girl! Your dining room is beautiful.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

The room turned out great!

And I'm already following you on Twitter. Waiting for that update that says he's on his way!!

Lindsay said...

Girl - LOVE that color and we got the SAME china for our wedding! Love it :-)

pinkpolkadotaa said...

You're dining room is very pretty! I love the colors.

We could be in the hospital at the same time! Good luck to you :)

Our Story said...

both the living room and dining room are B-E-A-Utiful!! Well done mama, now get to having that baby!

Lindsey said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love it!!

Jenny.Lee said...

I love the wall color you chose!

The Farmer Files said...

heart the color! Didn't realize that people keep the broken glass, but so cool...and why do people keep broken glass?

Kristen said...

that room is beautiful!!

Lucky in Love said...

What is with all the wallpaper girl! Craziness!

The room looks gorgeous! What a perfect color!

I have been wanting a china cabinet for a long time. We have the dishes that we got from the wedding...2 years ago...still sitting in the boxes they were shipped in in our basement. Sad.

HisTreasuredPossession said...

It's beautiful!!!

Praying for a safe delivery, which ever way it ends up!

Krystyn said...

Your dining room looks great! What an improvement!

The Shabby Princess said...

It's beautiful!! Can you help with me with my awful dining room?!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved