Monday, June 15, 2009

36 Week News!!!!

I was really trying not to have a long post but there are too many exciting dets that many of you want and I have to tell you=)

I am so excited, we had another great appointment today!!! Praise God=)!!

*I am measuring right on 36 weeks
*My blood pressure is still very good=) [i'm so competitive, i always have a competition with myself for low (but safe) bp, not that I can really control that much, haha, just try to be so relaxed when the nurse takes it, haha!]
*A very cute heartbeat
*A cervical exam (sorry I said cervical, haha! once you've had a baby, especially, there is not much tmi anymore, but if I ever do, just say, "NCF tmi...tmi."=))

The really exciting part!!! I am...

*1-2 centimeters dialated
*30% efaced
*Next Edition is low, at -1 station (that means his head is starting through the pelvis!)

So really it doesn't mean toooo much, it could still be weeks=), no predictions for when he'll come, but we're getting started, and I am soo excited! I was going to ask the dr to "check me out" but the nurse asked if I wanted the dr to, and without hesitation said, YES please. I kept telling Hubby I know I'll be something, I just know it, haha!

[his birth story to come but BabyBoy was born 3 days from now in his preggy, at 36 1/2 weeks=)]

and BAM! haha!

And we got to see our doula* (Amy) and my chiropractor** (Dr. E) afterwards, they're just across the street! Some really neat things!!

So Next Edition's cute little bum is on my right side, [I have to get some pics for you because he just pushes it out all the time and his little feet or knees or legs on the right and my belly is completely lopsided] but Amy wants him flipped around so he's on the left... She said when babies are born they tend to turn clockwise which means he could become posterior (not so good) or move his little head a certain way that might complicate things, so we're going to try to rotate him=)

So I have to scrub the floor! I took this metaphorically even though that's not how she meant it, hahahaha!! I have to get on my hands and knees and rock a little to try to get him to move. I have to sit up straight, not leaning back, and even forward a little on a medicine ball. And she gave us some other strategies that Hubby can help too!! So neat!!

This pic was when Amy and Dr. E were working on me at the same time=).

[Dr. E was loosening my ligaments and Amy was trying to turn Next Edition, partly by holding an ice pack on my right side bc the little ones don't like cold hoping he'd start to move to the left=)]

She not only adjusted my back and neck, but she loosened a ton of ligaments!! She did what she calls myofacial massage. We almost had to have a c-section with BabyBoy because I had of a couple steel ligaments pulling my pelvic bone oblong instead of round (you know to fit their big little head through=), round is obviously much better than oval!)! So she way loosened them today!!! That is so exciting because we never knew they were like that until I started pushing with BabyBoy. Story to come!!

And then I turned to my back (you have to be careful on your back you know, you could pass out, just ask if you want more info) and she loosened some round ligaments in the front, right under my belly. My left side was much tighter than my right which could be one reason Next Edition has been hanging out on the right side!

If anyone has any questions about a chiropractor or a doula please e-mail me (upper left sidebar), I would be happy to chat more about anything!!

I hope you are having a great Monday!!!!!

**So the whole thought behind getting adjusted during pregnancy is that the more your body is aligned the easy birth will be! If your pelvis, back, etc. isn't aligned than that can make things a little more difficult. If it is aligned throughout the preggy then the baby will sink down more comfortably and be able to get "into position" much easier! I know, does that sound fruity? It did to me at first, but I cannot tell you what a difference it made with BabyBoy and so much already this time!!

*Ok, someone asked what a doula is, so here is the def from a website =) The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother (and daddy) before, during and just after birth. Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.

A doula's main purpose is to reduce your chance of a c-section, reduce your pushing time, and reduce tearing. But they do soo much more too, as I explained in an earlier post=)

28 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

You are freaking gorgeous and I just cannot wait until your new little baby boy arrives!!!

Jennifer said...

I wonder if I should look into the doula thing? I have had the most horrible back pain ever and I wonder if getting aligned and doing something like this may help my current ailments and help with the delivery. Hmm....

YOu look fantastic and I'm excited you've had such encouraging reports from the doctor. It's always a great feeling leaving the office knowing that you and baby are healthy!

jlc said...

LOVEEEE the side shot!!!



your little man is soooo ready to be here soon!!! i love that he's still "cooking."

:)

Lindsey said...

You are the cutest!! Seriously.

Brittany Ann said...

Praise God for your awesome appt.! Can't wait till we "meet" this little one!

Molly said...

Great news all around! I am a doula and so is my mom. She got to be mine when I had Cooper. It is really an amazing experience. So excited for your new one!

The Pink Chick said...

This is so exciting! Your little one is going to be here so soon! I love the pictures! You are so cute! You look great!!!!

Jules said...

Yay! I am so excited for you and you just taught me so many things I didn't know. I didn't want to ask what a "doula" was because I thought I was the only one who didn't know. That plus going to the chiropractor sounds like a great combination to help and get you ready to go!

You look great and Next Edition will be here soon :)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I'm no where near having a baby anytime soon but I will definitely be having a doula. Great to hear your appointment we well!

Rachel said...

YAY!! You are on your way!! There is nothing greater than hearing that you are dialated and there is an end in sight!!! I will be thinking about you!!!!!!

Gwen said...

You are so adorable!!! "Next Edition" will be here before you know it!!! I'm so excited for you!!! XOXO

My name is Megan... said...

I really need to get adjust...I 've got back issues but never gone before! You look great! it will be here before you know it :) yay for a good appt!

Jon and Steph said...

I can't believe the new addition is going to be here sooooo soon! I know you're getting so excited ;)

Glad to hear your doc appointment went well! That's great news!!

Sandy Toes said...

How very exciting.
sandy toe

Anonymous said...

So excited to meet next edition:)
You look fabulous!
AmazingAmanda

Shannon said...

Great news!! I hope little one comes early!! How awesome! Glad you had a great appointment (or three)!

alyssa said...

can't wait to see pics of him!! i bet you are getting anxious! did you post the nursery?

Brown Girl said...

How exciting, loads of good news! You look awesome! Congrats.

Amber said...

You look so beautiful! I hope I look as awesome as you when I'm that close to having babies! Glad to hear everything's progressing well.

Megan said...

You look so good! I know several people who have used a doula and they highly reccommend it.

pocket full of pink said...

You look AMAZING!! Eeek, I am so excited to hear another update. SO CLOSE!!!

*~! megs !~* said...

gah!! you're so close!! and you look great!

Newlywed Next Door said...

You look so awesome! I'm so excited that you are so close!!!

a H.I.T. said...

you look amazing at 36 weeks! such great news on everything else.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I have never thought about the adjustment thing, but it totally makes sense. I can't wait for that baby to be here!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

You are so cute! I love your "bam" picture :) So glad everything is going so well!!

pinkpolkadotaa said...

So cute! I am 36 weeks on Wednesday. I can't wait to find out if these contractions I've been having have been productive :)

amy (metz) walker said...

Love the side shot...you look amazing!!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved