Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1st Destination Down - Quick Update

We made it to our first destination Monday morning... Amarill0!

We finished ALL our packing and left Sunday night, after a great dinner with my fam, at 11:30pm, phew! Drove all night and into the morn =)

We are both pretty exhausted from going non-stop working and packing like crazy fiends!

And yes, everything is color-coded, numbered, and the contents of each box and bin are input in an excel spreadsheet!!! haha (seriously it makes it soo much easy for unpacking! stop laughing and saying I'm crazy! I'm not disagreeing but it's really good peeps, I'm tellin' ya!)

I got some great snacks, SNACKS, for the trip and these just happened to be on sale... yikes!

But I also made pbj sandwiches, packed apples, crackers and some pb, cheddar chex mix, some oj, and granola bars, see I did good (ok and peach rings, hubby's fav, and wh0ppers yum)! We have barely eaten out we had so much to snack on!

I will only mention that I ate almost an entire medium pizza myself when we got to our hotel room =) Hubby too! We were a-starvin! I only ate one of the crusts...!! I know that's odd, huh? Leaves room for more yummy pizza! Unless it's super soft and yummy...or I'm in a crust mood...=) Anybody?

Sweet little guy has not slept as much in the car as we were hoping but he has done a GREAT job!

We are in Kansas today (and yesterday) and heading to St. Louis tomorrow. We are having such a blast with friends! We stayed up late playing games last night and enjoying a lot of great much needed laughs!

I hope you are doing great!!! I can't wait to catch up on your blogs and say hello again soon!!!

25 comments:

Emily said...

sounds like your trip is going great soo far:) So glad to hear! U are making me want oreos now:) dang it:) hope the rest of the trip goes great:)

THE Stephanie said...

Amarillo?? My birth place... ahhh. I know, you probably think it's nothing to write home about, but I love it!! Glad you're doing well.

Stay safe!!

Lauren said...

wow...sounds like your trip is going well. Glad to hear you have some great snacks to keep you company. ;o)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Sounds fun and yummy! I'd be happy to offer some St. Louis must-see tips when you arrive here!

Jules said...

So glad to hear that the road trip is going well! It sounds like you did a great job packing. It should be a piece of cake when you unload and unpack. Happy trails and be safe :)

Shannon said...

Sounds like a blast so far! Have fun!

AO said...

Good luck!! :) We can't wait to read more about your trip unfolding. Let us know how we can help!

Brett Alexandra said...

glad your trip is going well! Those oreos look SO good! I'm a big snacker, myself:)

Jillian said...

I LOVE road trips!!

Brittany Ann said...

Totally know what you mean about crust cravings. Safe travels!

Lucky in Love said...

I'm sending you and your family safe driving vibes :)

And way to go on the Double Stuf...it's really the only way to go.

ARK said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip:) We are so excited to see you guys:)

jlc said...

You guys seem to be having the best time!!!


And omg! Oreos practically beat homemade chocolate chip cookies in my book. :)

PLD said...

love oreos ha, you have to check out my latest post - i mentioned oreos and let me tell you, it's quite the oreo! ha! ha!

http://preppylittledress.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Isn't there a song about Amarillo, I'm sure there is some good cowboy song!! You sound like my husband and the excel spreadsheet talk!! Glad everything is going good! Do you have milk for your oreos??:)

Suzette said...

It sounds like things are going great! I think the color coding and excel spreadsheet sound wonderful!! You're not crazy! :)

Jon and Steph said...

I am so glad to hear that your drive is going well! Yummmmy, all of those snacks sound delish! Have fun with your friends along the way!

Travel safe!

Sandy Toes said...

Sounds like a perfect trip already~
sandy toe

Coffee with Cathy said...

I love family road trips! Thanks for bringing us along on yours.

The Shabby Princess said...

Glad you're traveling safe!!! Good luck getting to your final destination. :)

a H.I.T. said...

What great snacks! Those Oreos look divine right about now. Good luck with the rest of your trip :)

M and G said...

That sounds like soooo much fun! I've always wanted to go on a road trip with hubs.. Maybe next summer! I think they are so fun and romantic sounding!!

yours truly... said...

So glad the trip is going well!! This is so exciting for your sweet family!!! Hope you are taking it easy and resting!!!! Enjoy your time traveling, and all the yummy snacks!! That's the best part!! You're in my prayers for safe travels!!!!

The Farmer Files said...

LOL never heard of peach rings. Peach slices, yes, peach rings, no.

Krystyn said...

Keep enjoying that drive!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved