Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One Month From Today = Dance Awesomeness

S0 Y0u Think Y0u Can Dance dance dance!!!


Set your TIV0s, your DVRs, your VCRs, and your Betamaxes...

This is the best show! They have great judges, who are professional dancers and know their stuff, amazing choreographers (Mia, Tyce, Brian...)...amazing, and some great talent too.

And Mary is fun too, we thought she was annoying at first with the screaming, but she's just having fun=)

We used to move the furniture out of the way in our old house and try all the moves. We rocked it. We did.

I'm not going to lie... I used to want to be a dancer. A back up hip hop dancer. Don't laugh. I really wanted it people. But alas, my morals wouldn't let me dress the way most do or perform some of their risque moves.=)

I always wanted to take dance classes and finally took some in college. I actually almost minored in it because I loved it so much, but what would I do with that=)? I mean since I wouldn't actually have enough background to get a real dance gig anywhere? and I would probably have to travel a lot, it would be late hours most likely, I would have to be away from the family a lot...see I've thought about this.

We've never really been into the big clubbing scene except for one night at a christian, no alchohol night, at a club in DC. haha! (and a couple little clubs we met one of my afro-caribbean dance instructors at to try out our new moves)

Hubby tells people I was dancing on the tables and platforms, I say, he's fibbing. It may have been one platform that other friends were on and I might have broken down some my moves, but that's all I'm sayin.

I guess I'll stick to dancing anytime I hear music, rockin it out at weddings (we had so much fun at ours!), any party that will allow it, and getting Hubby to try all the moves they do on tv shows with me=)

25 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this show I also wanted to be a dancer I took dance for about 15 years due to knee injury dancing was out but I still like to shake my groovy thing now and then!

Jess said...

I am so happy to see another So You Think You Can Dance fan! I too cannot wait for the first show... and was really excited to see some of the dancers now on Dancing with the Stars! Probably best not to try too many moves with baby on the way! :)

Shanny said...

Oh my God! I can't wait to see it! I love this show, its so friggin awesome =)
Too bad you thought about it... you might have been on the show choreographing hip hop lol

Miss Anne said...

oh my goodness, oh my goodness!
*clear out the DVR... *

:)

a friend of mine tried out this year, she didnt make it, but said that it's gonna be a great year, the dancers were so diversified and amazing! :)

woot! thanks for the heads up!

Jenny.Lee said...

I so want to be a fly on your wall when this show comes on!!!

Mandy Rose said...

Totally agree! I love this show and can't wait for it to start!

Rebecca Jo said...

I was wondering when this was coming back... I LOVED last season with Twitch & April... & Joshua... & Chelsea... great season!

DocE said...

I adore this show and I'm so excited to hear it's coming back. It's like the most awesome summer staple for me!

Lucky in Love said...

You guys are so cute! I can't believe you dance to the show. I'm so jealous! My husband hates that show...and has no rhythm :)

Rachel said...

I've never watched this show, but I have a few friends who love it, one being a professional dancer. Maybe I'll watch it this season :)

yours truly... said...

I loooooove this show!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait!!

yours truly... said...

I loooooove this show!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait!!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Your wedding totally rocked. So much fun. We started watching this show last summer when i was in the hospital and even Andrew enjoyed it. You know I love me some dancing.

Rachel said...

I used to dance in high school and took dance for years - I always secretly wanted to be a back up hip hop dancer =)...I would probably break my hip now!!!!

Ashley said...

I love that you guys try all the moves out - that is awesome!

Brett Alexandra said...

Aw! I danced when I was younger too. I loved it! I still like to do it every now and again.

Heather said...

I just love dance shows, but have not seen this one! I am gonna watch I think! Keep bustin' those moves girl!

Jon and Steph said...

Love this show, and VERY sadly won't be watching it this season. They don't play shows like that over here (tear) :(

You're so cute with your dancing story!

Saskia said...

Oh how I love this show!! Unfortunately there's no UK version and they show the US episodes about 2 years after they're realeased :(

I might be waiting a long time to see the new series!

Saskia x

LyndsAU said...

yay! i loooove this show!! i was wondering when it would be back! i can't wait!

Tara Gibson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! I cant wait!

Emily said...

Oh ya.... I love this show!!!!! We watch dancing with the stars and love it:)

Jules said...

I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance! I seriously look forward to this show all year long. I even made hubby take me when they went on tour the season before last. I loved Lacey and was so excited to see all of them live.

I took dance for over 10 years and still think about going back (just for fun now). I took an adult hip hop class a few years back and wouldn't mind doing it again.

Faith said...

We LOVE this show and can't wait for it to be back on either!!!

Famiglia Grande said...

We (and hubby would not like me telling this unless I added in that he thinks Cat does a great job hosting) love this show as well so thanks for the heads up! One of the reasons I like it is because I actually feel like I can tell who is talented and who is not. Unlike Idol - I think the worst singers sound wonderful - it's all the same to me.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved