Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Dish!!!

It's fish! Wait don't go away yet! It was really yummy! And easy!

I had some frozen tilapia I had gotten on sale (did you expect anything else?) and I've been needing to make it and I had no idea what I was making for dinner last night (I'm working on this people!) so I found... wait for it...

Easy Baked Tilapia (don't run, keep reading keep reading=) it's yummy)


I didn't have any 0ld Bay seas0ning, so I
made my own, haha! I was missing a few spices but I've never really used 0ld Bay before I couldn't tell a different and it still tasted yummy =)


Edits to the recipe, some ideas from the reviews - I just used frozen broccoli, I squeezed the lemon on the fish too then spiced it with garlic salt, a little onion powder, and my spice concoction (a little more than 1 tsp), and cooked it closer to 40 min. Can you smell the fresh flavors cookin?!


I served it with whole wheat penne on the side with just a little alfredo, I know you're sayin' huh, doesn't really go girl, but I'm pregnant and I wanted it=) And it was good. But you could make a nice garlic lemon sauce instead, maybe throw some capers with it too =)


Hubby loved it and said it was gourmet!!=) Definitely a keeper! And for you non-fishies, it didn't have a real fishy taste! It was flakey and hearty, not as delicate as I thought it would be. =) And the broccoli came out so tender and flavorful! Yummy! Try it!

[P.S. and our limbo update is below for those who haven't seen it. Thank you so much for your prayers and sweet thoughts! ;-) ]

24 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh gosh, yummy!!! I LOVE tilapia!!!

Lauren said...

Yum...I will definitely have to try this!

Brittany Ann said...

Yum!

Jenny.Lee said...

I cannot wait to try this recipe! Yum!

THE Stephanie said...

That looks so good!! I love tilapia!!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

That looks SO good! Great, now I'm starving!!!

Krystyn said...

Yum..and you said the magic word....capers!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Oh my goodness that looks so good!! I think the Mr. would like this a lot!

Lucky in Love said...

This looks good! I'm a fish person...hubs is not...so I'll try to anyway!! :)

SassyEngineer said...

If only my hubby would eat fish - that looks and sounds delicious!

Tara Gibson said...

yum i am so trying this!

Rebecca Jo said...

That looks so yummy... & healthy! All that broccoli around it makes it a beautiful dish too!

Jon and Steph said...

Yum! That looks great! We love Tilapia, so I will definitely have to try this recipe! Thanks so much for sharing it ;)

Emily said...

wish I liked fish.. for some reason I can never get over the fishy smell but it looks delish:) Thanks for all the great baby registry advice! I love it! thank you! thank you:) Thank you:) u r the best my friend!

Becky said...

MMMMM....that does look gourmet!!!! Good job!

Lacy said...

This looks so GOOD!!! I love any seafood...so I know this one is going to be yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Tilapia, the chicken of fish.
I'll have to try this recipe, looks good.

The Shabby Princess said...

That does sound good!!!

The Farmer Files said...

Weelll if you ever have to go the costco route they make some awesome frozen tilapia! Yours looks like i should have been over for dinner!

Heather said...

Yummy, love a new recipe!!

Nikki said...

This looks great! We love tilapia, and we would have totally eaten it with the Alfredo sauce on the pasta.

Rachel said...

Don't like broccoli but, we do like to eat fish. Might have to try it this way!

Renee said...

It looks great. This could be Lydia's favortie meal so I will have to make it. She loves fish, pasta, and brocolli.

My name is Megan... said...

oh my goodness! I want to make this RIGHT NOW!!!! YUMMMMMIE


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved