Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Milkman and Names!

We eat animal crackers...how about Pe0ple Crackers for your pups?!

Have you heard of these?? We used to give these to our puppy growing up =) They can snack on Milkmen, Policemen, and Mail delivery men. So cute!

We have been talking for so long about getting a puppy. It'll be a little longer now but we're still debating the breed. Do you love your puppy breed??

When I was teaching I was sent an adorable pic of a puppy who needed to be adopted, his name was Fred. =) I thought that was super cute! We also like Bauer or Jack... yes we like (and Hubby is without a doubt completely mildly obsessed with) 24... haa!

No onto our own baby's names. We got nothin'. Ok, we have a few, but when it comes down to it we got nothin' solid yet. We have a couple girl names =)

It was almost midnight the other night but I was in the baby name searching mood!

I grabbed a couple books! Hubby had the Bible... and kept focusing on names like... Abiathar, Abimelech, Absalom... Great strong biblical names, but maybe not for... our baby=)

Hubby: Joab! I like it.

Me: B! We need to find some real contenders. Stop focusing on names we wouldn't actually use=)!

Hubby: No, I really like it. He was the commander of an army!

Me: Yes, I agree, but really... really, would you have our baby go through his entire life with that name?=)

Hubby: ...

Me: B!

Hubby: (laughing) Ok, I guess not. But I respect all the warriors and leaders of God's armies!

We're still compiling our list=) after family or using a letter from their name=)

ETA: I should have used another more uncommon name =) I was not intending to make fun of anyone named Joab!! =) There are so many names I could have inserted=)

24 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

that puppy is precious!!!

Cant wait to hear what your baby name will be!!

Shannon said...

I actually knew of a little boy named Joab! How neat! I like the name, but understand why you wouldn't want to use it.

Love that puppy picture.

Lane said...

I like the name Joab too! I think it's cute!! Can't wait to hear what you go with!

Lucky in Love said...

I think picking out baby names would be SO hard...but really fun at the same time! Can't wait to hear what you decide!

d.a.r. said...

Awww baby names!! I think that is what I am most looking forward to, haha. Probably a good indication that I am not really ready to bring a child into this world, huh?

As far as puppy breeds, my pug is the best dog ever. She loves babies and is SOOO gentle with them. She never needs exercise (so this could be a problem if you want an active dog) and is so stinkin' smart. Ugh I love pugs. I think I'l probably always have one...

B said...

Ahh! People crackers! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. My husband and I just bought a siberian husky pup and are picking him up on saturday. I will let you know how it goes. We've been doing a ton of research and have always wanted that breed. Do you have a preference for size? We are so excited!! Name picking is so hard too. That is hilarious that your husband wants to call him Jack and/or Bauer:)

Stuart and Sarah Creamer said...

Cute puppy- we love Golden Retrievers. I have had 4 in my life. First was Einstein, Edison, Buffy and Spike. All are gone except for Spike.
I can't wait for the day when Stuart and I get to pick out names for a baby. We are waiting on God's miracle through IVF. After 2failed times, we are still waiting, but know that when God is ready, it will happen!

misty said...

a kid at our church is name joab - different & unique. not many at all will share the name with him! ha
good luck with the naming :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my... I havent seen those doggie snacks in FOREVER..

THE Stephanie said...

Yeah girl, stand your ground! I'm all about strong Biblical names, but c'mon, let's let the poor child have a fighting chance! LOL

mandy rose said...

Boy names are sooo hard!!! It's a good thing you aren't having twin boys...one name is hard enough to come up with. haha!

The Farmer Files said...

I like Joab. We are going for a J boys name, but Joab is not one of our top two. ;)

I like Asher...that is HTP's Son1's middle name. And it's Biblical and strong!

Sandy Toes said...

oh my so cute!
sandy toe

Shannon said...

I can't wait to hear what you decide on. :) I love thinking of names.

Tracy's Porch said...

Those dog treats are so funny. I have never seen them.

I am partial to Golden Retreivers. We've had two (one passed and one currently still with us) and have fostered several for the Golden Retriever rescue here in town. As young dogs, they need patience and training but they are fabulous family dogs. Whatever breed you chose, just make sure to do your homework to make sure the breed fits your lifestyle. And...rescue is a great way to go!!!

pocket full of pink said...

Oh my goodness those dog treats are hilarious!! My husband is DYING to have a golden retriever puppy. I think we are going to start looking over the summer. Just looking at that picture makes me want one! Have an amazing weekend and a Happy Easter!

ARK said...

I have never seen or heard of those crackers before I wonder if that is just a West coast thing:)

Shanny said...

Never heard of those crackers before...too funny heehee

Ahh choosing names are so exciting and frustrating if you can't agree, GL =)

Becky said...

You should go to this site for names I love it and it gives great results!

www.nymbler.com

Gwen said...

We fed Baxley people crackers as a puppy too. We adore him - golden retriever and I recommend the breed to anyone looking. They are wonderful dogs (once they get past the puppy stage). He is definitely a mommy's boy too!!! Can't wait to hear what you decide on the name?

*~! megs !~* said...

oh to be getting a puppy again!! But I'm good with my crazy 3!

I'm partial to mutts. Honestly they have so fewer problems it's crazy. But there are plenty of great breeds..

Hollie said...

i'm so excited to hear the name you finally choose!!

love the people crackers!

Jon and Steph said...

I absolutely love any kind of animal. Hubs isn't too keen on the idea of getting a dog right now :(

But my good friend has a golden retriever and I walk with them every Tuesday and Thursday, he is literally the BEST dog I've ever been around. They are so smart and well mannered.

and that is too funny that they have people crackers for dogs!

Kendra said...

Baby names...ugh!! My husband and I don't even have a baby yet, and we already argue about it!!! HA!
Good luck =)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved