Monday, April 27, 2009

Hikin' It Up =)

We've been going hiking every Saturday morning for at least a month now=) I sooo need it and we have so much fun! Great views, great conversation, and great family time!

We went for an awesome one last Sat... we rocked the map reading this time... but may have miscalculated 4-5 miles instead of 7-8 miles=) oops!! We hiked about 2 1/2 hours =) (and then walked another 2 miles for a Chr0nes and C0litis walk with my Aunt and Dad that evening!!)

I felt soo good though, only a little pressure/slight pain that last 1.5 miles or so=)! I was so proud of myself, there were soo many steep... steep inclines, I even got a, "You're our hero," from a some gals who stopped to rest in the middle of one of them, ha=)
And a, "Good for you Mama!" from some other hikers=) Woohoo!

This Sat was a 2-3 mile hike! Lots of steep hills and rocky declines. We hiked about 1 hour and it was great exercise!

We got more funny statements from other hikers... I got one, "Good for you!" (like i should be bedridden and not able to walk, JK!! i know they meant it well!)... and we got two, "Ooh you're both carrying one, that's only fair," haa! And dare I say, we were both probably carrying almost the same amount of extra weight! Yikes!!!

(woowee the semi-side shot is not flattering=))

Getting ready for our hike!=) Love that laughin' smile!!

I love these boys!!! Playing around in the backyard=) This is one in-credible Daddy and one incredibly fun BabyBoy! I love seeing them play together and love on each other=) I'm one proud wife and Mommy=)


Happy Monday friends!!! I hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful day!

Any of you runners/exercise enthusiasts, I've been wanting and maybe needing to get a heart rate monitor and a pedometer =) Do you have any suggestions? Thanks girls!

34 comments:

Renee said...

Those hikes sound great! I love hiking.

Lindsey said...

Love hiking, good for you! Looks so fun!!

yours truly... said...

Girl!! I am impressed!! I wouldn't be able to get off the couch if I was pregnant, much less hike 4 miles. You are amazing! LOL! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Look at you - you pregnant hiking woman!! IMPRESSIVE!

And girl - I'm all about pedometer & heart rate monitors...

I have the Polar Heart rate watch with the chest strap... its AWESOME! I HATE working out without it - keeps such accurate HR beats & tells your zone, when you're in it, what your calories are - how long you stay in the fat burning zone... its around $80 - totally worth it!

And I have found the most AWESOME pedometer EVER! I got it off Amazon. Its an Omron & it comes with computer cables & program & downloads into your computer - lets you know how far you go, how many steps, the calories & if you have "aerobic" steps (anything over 30 minutes)... You can put it in your pocket, or your puse if you're carrying it - its AWESOME! Any questions, let me know!

Heather said...

So glad you all had fun this weekend, you hiking warriors you :).

SassyEngineer said...

I think it is so awesome that y'all are hiking together every week. I'm sure it is good for you to get out and be active, but what a fun family time too :)

Nancy said...

Here's another: "Way to Go!"

...and, you look great! =)

Tara Gibson said...

look how cute you are! love your preggo belly : )

Krystyn said...

WTG hiking while preggo. I got a lot of the same glances and stares while teaching aerobics and walking all over Paris!

My HR monitor is a Polar one. I love it.

Becky said...

Wow! You go girl! I don't run like that and I am not preggers and have no excuses....you are an inspiration to us all :)

THE Stephanie said...

I am totally impressed!! And I have to say, those comments crack me up. Oh the things people say...

Heather said...

Way to go girl!! You rock and you are my hero too! you look awesome!

Suzette said...

Seriously, you are my inspirations.. I go walking for 10 minutes now and things in very uncomfortable areas start to swell. How in the world you manage a hike.. Kudos to you! That's awesome! I bet you have a good labor and delivery with you staying in such good shape! You inspire me! :)

LyndsAU said...

you look fabulous dear :) he is too precious. that smile is adorable!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

You are way too cute!

The Pink Chick said...

I love the pictures! You are your family are precious! Your hikes sound wonderful!

The Pink Potpourri said...

that is AWESOME! great job and way to go! i got tired just reading about your hike. great pics!

*~! megs !~* said...

Girl I am impressed!! Look at you out there getting it!!

USCEmily said...

You make hiking sound so fun, but then I come back to reality and remember that I am lazy with a capital L!

misty said...

you are an impression... i'm not preggo & i don't exersice. i know i need to just no motivation but if you can do it... then so can i!!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Way to go girl! I am three months post-pregnancy and haven't done a hike since! You're my hero!
Carrie

Q. and La. said...

You are so awesome! We went hiking yesterday and someone told me to they had done this hike and 12 hours later she went into labor! Keep on hikin'!

My Home - My Life said...

What a great little tradition and wow, your amazing. I am NOT preggers and I don't think I could do all that walking...

Newlywed Next Door said...

I guess since you have no tennis for now, hiking will have to do. You're looking great!

Shanny said...

That is so cool that you guys go hiking!!! So much fun! And you look great =)

Rachel said...

OMG girl!! I can barely walk down the street - you are AWESOME!!!

Jon and Steph said...

I LOVE hiking! Too bad we don't live closer, we'd come hiking with you guys!!

I love that people stopped to congratulate you.... seriously through it has to be tough with a little baby in your belly and carrying a little extra weight! I know I get tired easily when hiking and I'm just carrying my backpack!

Saskia said...

I love hiking too! All that hiking is doing you good, you look wonderful :)

x

USCEmily said...

I gave you an award over at my page!!

Emily said...

gosh you look rocking!!! yeah for you and your hikes.. that is soo stinking good for you:) And your son is soo stinking cute and looks just like your hubby:) such a cute pic:)

Jenny.Lee said...

I am way impressed! Good for you!!!

a H.I.T. said...

I LOVE hiking! I only wish it was easier to do here in NYC. We only get to do it when we visit Vermont (which is once a year).

Liz said...

Wow! You put me to shame!

Abbie said...

Polar heart rate monitors are supposed to be really good.

It makes me laugh every time you post a pic of your boy... he is just SO smiley!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved