Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Fun Finds

I'm really likin'...

1. Floss picks! They are so quick and easy to use and to throw in your purse. You don't have to wrap regular floss around your fingers and get all slobery and pinch your fingers by yanking on it =). I take better care of my teeth (floss regularly) when I'm pregnant because your gums are so much more sensitive and do funny things =)

Like...Potentially from overbrushing I got this little cyst thing (i know it sounds soo gross) on my gum above my front right tooth that they say is pregnancy related (extremely rare, ha, that's three extremely rare conditions b/w this preggy and BabyBoy's) and should go away afterwards. But I am soo self conscious and I keep doing this really awkward smile at people so they don't see it, I feel like a total dork. I went to the dentist (which I dread, horror experience in the past) and they said my teeth were in great shape... so it couldn't be from extra plaque build up in between my teeth, I think I overexposed it from overbrushing and they say it's just preggy related... that's my theory. And I'm stickin' to it.

2. I have to have some sort of chapstick. This one feels great going on and gives a nice little shine, although I don't feel like it lasts very long...do you have one you love?

3. Cream sauce. I've always really liked it but not ones that are too heavy or too much to soak everything! When I don't make it myself, we found this one is yummy and has good ingredients =)

4. Hair straightener! I got this new smaller one on sale recently, it's been great, and you can do a nice little curl so easily too. =)

I'm really wantin'...

1. One of these! Our point and shoot is great, but with one of these I'll never miss a baby smile because my camera took too long to take the picture! =) Yes, I get made fun of by my family for taking so many pictures. My Mom started it!

2. Baby Video Monitor! We didn't get one the first time around becuase it was too expensive and we didn't get if from our registry. Ooh it would be so nice =)

Now we're needin'...

A double stroller! We love the idea of a side by side so the little ones can see and be next to each other. I've heard pros and cons for both this and the tandem (front/back) ones, anyone have their own idea on the matter? =)

I hope you're having a great Friday and have a fab weekend!!

And I cannot tell you thank you enough for all of your incredibly sweet comments yesterday. You made (and continue to make) me feel so good! When you feel like your face has doubled in size and you see yourself in a store window from the side and want to shed a tear while saying anything for the baby=), it makes ya feel so good to hear a super sweet comment! Thanks chicas!

20 comments:

Megan said...

I love those floss stick things!! Don't you just love your straightner! Mine has been my life line since 2001! Ha!

Carolyn said...

Ok you scared me for a second...when you showed the double stroller I swear you were going to surprise us and tell us you were having twins. ;)

I like Burts Bees lip balm, but its not glossy its just good for silky lips!

ARK said...

I have a friend with a stroller where the baby is on the bottom and the toddler on top...not sure what they are called but she swears by it and got it off of Craig's list:)She says it is easier to get around since it isn't so wide....don't know. I think we are going to try and do without the double stroller since Amanda is older I figure we won't use it much but we will play it by ear. I love those flossers too, they have dinosaur shaped ones and Amanda is so good about flossing now that we found them she can do it on her own. Miss you!

Renee said...

Regarding the double strollers. If you are going to use one for walking for exercise or running, the Bob Revolution is great! I used a 20% off coupon at REI and saw it as an investment in exercise equipment.

For non-exercise use, I love the Phil and Ted. It works great and the kid on the bottom never seems to mind. A friend of mine with twins talked me out of a side by side Peg. So in my opinion the Phil and Ted is great, especially when your kids are close together in age.

Michelle said...

We used to use those dental flossers on the girls when they were little. It is hard sticking two fingers in a little ones mouth!

How funny that you metioned the Classico cream sauce. My daughter asked me to buy it the other day and I paused for just a minute before saying no. I don't usually make cream sauces, but I might just give it a try.

I couldn't live without my Rebel. :)

Mandy Rose said...

We have a video monitor...and I honestly do not know how (after having one) you can even function with just a regular one. Well, I know how...I would be peeping in on my lil man WAY more without the thing. It has saved me lots of middle of the night trips!

I love the stroller you picked!! Cute cute!!

The Farmer Files said...

If the 2 year old will stay small enough I want a double BOB this time around!!!

d.a.r. said...

I am obsessed with Blistex Complete Moisture. It's a blue tube, and incredible. It makes your lips so soft!

Krystyn said...

I love the idea of the floss sticks, but they shred between my close teeth!

Lips: lanolip (google it), or cheaper using Lanolin (the stuff for your boobies). It lasts so long and it has a little gloss to it.

Love my hair straightener, too!

And, I treated myself to the Nikon D60...I love it and I catch a lot more smiles!

Stroller: we have the baby jogger city mini double. (It's not really for jogging). I searched high and low and this one gets rave reviews:)

*~! megs !~* said...

I love the way that lip infusion tastes and feels.. but you're right.. It doesn't really last very long!

HisTreasuredPossession said...

my own opinion is to stick to front to back stroller. When the baby is little you don't want your S1 sharing stuff, let along germs. They are harder to maneuver (all doubles are btw!) and do not fit well in stores, not to mention getting them through the doorways to begin with. as you can tell, I'm not a fan. But that why it's my opinion ;)

happy shopping!!

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! Double strollers! You're going to be the cutest mommy on the block!

Jules said...

Love the floss picks. I keep them in my drawer at work. I'm a chapstick addict too. I really like Smith's Rosebud Salve.

Heather said...

Burt's Bees Lip Balm in the tube is my absolute favorite chap stick... that little touch of peppermint oil adds a refreshingly cool tingle every time :)!

Jon and Steph said...

Love the Cannon Rebel. Jon got me one for my b-day last year! You won't regret it!

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

jlc said...

Yay Classico!!!!


I use that in my baked ziti recipe (on blog) :)


LOVE IT!

jlc said...

wait ? was I the only one to comment on that? Hahah what a weirdo!! Don't mind me. I love food. :)

Sandy Toes said...

Never seen those dental flosses before!
sandy toe

Lucky in Love said...

I'm a big fan of the Burts Bees lip balm. I use it a lot...so I'm not sure if that's all part of the scam...but I love it :)

Heather said...

Chapstick has a strawberry flavor that I love and gives a little color to your lips. I need to try those floss stick things! They sound much easier than the string!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved