Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cookin' Cookin' Cookin'

We had friends coming over for Idol and Biggest Loser night last night, so that called for a yummy dinner and desserts!

I've been needing new recipes so what did I make?? I LOVE when you guys post recipes!

D.A.R posted about a crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken. Sooo yummy! I threw in a pint of sliced mushrooms too and we had it over whole wheat penne pasta. Nice and healthy, counteracts the cheese! Thanks DAR!



I made fresh whole wheat herb rolls (easy recipe if anyone wants, I altered the herbs used=)). I love the smell and taste of fresh bread!!


Peas for a side (we were out of broccoli=)!). And we were going to have salad=)

For dessert... Pocket Full of Pink posted about a gorgeous chocolate cake she made. I found a crazy highly rated Black Magic Cake from scratch and then made buttercream frosting and did it all up with strawberries too! Yum=) (I was bummed the cake stuck a little so it wasn't as moist right to the bottom as I would've liked but still very yummy) Thanks PFOP!


I had made a half a batch of chocolate cookies the other day so I made the rest last night...

(i know they look funny! they came out so different (diff recipe too), little flatter and darker, our oven has a mind of it's own!, i have had quite an interesting baking week highly affected by pregnancy brain=) almost everything is coming out a little funny!!)

and we had leftover lemon squares I made to take to a friend's house a few days earlier. Gotta have options right, haa=)

And I never want my guests to go away hungry!! I come from a Jewish family (both sides), if you are only having 2 additional people over, you cook for a small army. I think it may be written down somewhere. haha. No one can walk away hungry. You can never run out of food=)! haaa. I love it.

The end of the story is, they didn't end up coming=)! She's preggy and her Hubby ended up calling and she wasn't feeling well. But they're coming tonight. So it won't be fresh out of the oven but it should be yummy again =)

31 comments:

♥Mrs. V said...

YUMMY!! It all looks so good.

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

those rolls have awesome looking texture. nice work!

d.a.r. said...

Isn't that chicken insanely good? I could eat it all day...

Brittany Ann said...

Can I come cover for leftovers? Yum!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Oh my goodness it all looks SO GOOD! COOKIES AHHHHHHH. I'm starving.

Sandy Toes said...

Wow..this all looks wonderful...now that is some cooking.
sandy toe

Anonymous said...

I would love for you to post the rolls recipe, everything looks great, you have way too much energy for a mom to be you are making me look bad:)AMAZING AMANDA'S MOM:)

Abbie said...

That cake almost looks fake it looks so good!

1 Hot Dish said...

Yumm! This all looks so good!! I'm definitely going to have to try some of these recipes! Thanks for posting these!! :)

Jenny.Lee said...

All of this food sounds so yummy!

Suzette said...

I just finished eating dinner and somehow this post makes me hungry again! :) You are quiet the cook! The choc chip cookies look delish!

Megan said...

All of that looks really yummy!

Q. and La. said...

Handsome and I have enjoyed perusing through your blog and are glad you stopped by ours! As for food, well, it looks tasty and none of us would mind left overs! In fact, sometimes leftovers are better...

Carrie said...

looks so good I would love the recipe for the bread!

Ashley said...

it all looks so good but especially those rolls... mmm i love bread! haha

Megan said...

Omigosh! That food looks so yummy!

Jon and Steph said...

YUM! All of that food sounds amazing! Thanks for posting the recipes, I'd love to try them!

Chitown Meg said...

That's awesome that you guys did the walk! Yay!! Thanks for the well-wishes! BTW, those desserts look great!

LyndsAU said...

i will def have to get that recipe!! looks yum! :) and that cake...ahhhh!

Saskia said...

Mmmm, all your dishes look delicious!

THE Stephanie said...

Goodness gracious girl! Are you Betty Crocker in disguise??? I wish we lived closer so I take lessons :)

Tara Gibson said...

yum! now i am hungry! I LOVE homemade bread!

misty said...

the first picture i thought was choc chip cookie dough... LOL sorry!!!

man, that cakes looks so good! i want a piece!!!

pocket full of pink said...

YUM everything looks amazing and your cake is BEAUTIFUL! I admire you for making it from scratch! Thank you for mentioning me! :o)

Lindsey said...

YUMMY! I'm hungry now!

Krystyn said...

Oh, I'm thinking that looks really good.

And, I might want the recipe for that bread...as long as I don't need a bread maker, of course.

Heather said...

That food looks yummy!! Good thing I am not the only one hungry!!

Heather said...

Hey cool two Heather's commenting in a row :).

All I was gonna say is... yumm that food looks delish!

Emily said...

omg.. i am drooling over here! ahhh! Soo yummy.. i want to make that cake like right now:) im impressed my friend:) U are quite the lil homemaker!! yeah:) Want to come cook us dinner??

Lucky in Love said...

Everything looks wonderful!! I love watching Biggest Loser and eating cookies :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved