Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Short?!

Yeah right! There is nothing short about it! =) We have had several peeps ask for an update and background so here 'tis=)...

We have been married for almost 6 years and have moved 7 times! #8 is coming!
  • March 03 Bought condo for a great deal right before wedding (I got to move in first =)!)
  • Feb 04 Bought townhouse (pulled equity from condo, so no moola out of pocket, kept condo to rent out)
  • Jan 05 Bought house (sold condo so no moola out of pocket, kept townhouse to rent out)
  • April 06 Found out preggy and we decided I would get to be a stay at home Mommy, so sold house to move back into townhouse for lower mortgage
  • Feb 08 Sold townhouse to move out west (lower cost of living, pay off student loans, near family)
  • Moved our "stuff" haha into storage and lived with my Mom while waited to move=)
  • April 08 Bought a house (foreclosure) out west (moved in July)
  • Dec 08 Even though he's been doing great working remotely since we moved, Hubby's CEO and boss want the company to grow even more significantly and agree Hubby (he's Director of Business Development) is the one to do it and want him back east coast within 6-9 months!

After praying about it and not hearing God through a blowhorn =), we decided that we both felt at peace about moving back because:

  • Hubby mainly works from home, lots o meetings and some travel but otherwise home (so awesome!)
  • He really likes his job and gets to support our military =)
  • Boss is great, coworkers great (for the most part=)) too
  • He has stock options
  • We know his current salary and know what his raise will probably be next year -- even though he took a pay cut to work for this company, we decided it is sooo worth it for us that he gets to work from home so much!

So currently we...

  • are on our 4th offer on a house back east (only forclosures or shortsales)
  • thought we would have been back by beginning of March
  • have been waiting almost 2 months to hear back from the bank (and signed 3 extenstions so far) a short sale - not so short peeps not so short=)!!
  • If this property doesn't work out, we are not sure what that means...if we don't make it back by mid May then we would have to wait until months after the baby is born... God has closed doors on other properties and we just want to do and go where he wants us to
  • are trying to rent out our house here because it is so not a good time to sell. We've been unsuccessful in finding a renter so far so we think we might have to go with a management company this time, but it will make it easier since we'll be across the country :)

We were told by our realtor we will probably hear something substantial back from the bank today! We are just praying for God's will. It seems like a good opportunity, even though we are not ready to leave our new state yet. We are excited about the potential, being near friends and fam back east, and just try to live for God and get involved no matter where we are...

Sorry for the boring post, this has just been weighing on us for a while now. We are just trusting God and just want to do what He wants us to do. I'm a little bummed because I wanted more time to spend more time with my family out here, but maybe we'll be back too...?

I'm rambling peeps =) We have just been in limbo for many months so far and are still debating things all the time=)!

What's the right thing to do? Should we just stay? Should we move? What type of house should we be looking at? What does each potential decision mean for now and the future? Why are we doing it? Are the reasons biblical?

Ok, I'm done.

At this point we are hoping that this house works out...we think... oh my goodness! We have made so many pro con lists and debated every inch of every decision that could be made, talked about 2, 3, 5, and 10 year goals again. Oh we have soo been down every road. =)

Simple conclusion - as long as we are living for God and doing His work ultimately either decision is ok. :)

Ok, now I'm really done! Thanks for listening girls!!!

23 comments:

AO said...

The suspense must be killing you! I know we're three Curious Jorges over here!

Rachel said...

WOW!!! Yall have been busy =)!! I will keep you in my prayers...

SassyEngineer said...

That is a lot, but I hope you get some answers soon. I think not knowing is the worst part. I do hope it all works out according to God's plan (of course it will!)

Megan said...

hey...I live on the east coast! Where are you all planning on moving to? That's so great he gets to work from home..I work from home now (real job besides photography) and I am hoping to keep it up throughout raising children. Keeping you all and the decisions ahead of you in my prayers

Renee said...

So, are you looking in the same area where your TH was or are you looking closer in?

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Wow, I thought we moved a lot. Good luck and remember God will guide you.

Gwen said...

Keeping you in my prayers!!! XOXO

Joelle said...

hey girl! thanks for the update! we are excited to have you guys back!

ChickenGal said...

Sometimes wee look to god for our answers and he isn't listning, or so we think, and waiting for a response from him...well it isn't going to come by an email or phone call.... some times you just have to have faith. Listen to your heart, your gut.....from what I read, you are listening for what you want to hear, not what you will hear.... Have faith....I am sure it will all work out for you......God bless!

Lucky in Love said...

Whoa...you've had a lot going on girl!

Good luck with everything.

Heather said...

Holy smokes that is a lot of moves! Praying all works out for you guys!

Nancy said...

Wow, that's a lot to have on your mind. So awesome that you just want to do God's will wherever you are. I think when that is your perspective He can bless a wide range of decisions!! :)

Jon and Steph said...

Wow, lots on your plate huh?!? Good luck with everything!

Saskia said...

I'm glad you found my blog! I hope you the bank got in touch with you. Not knowing and being 'in limbo' is horrible, but I'm sure things will work out for the best.

I'll be thinking of you x

Sandy Toes said...

Wow.. a lot going on...being near family would be wonderful~
sandy toe

The Pink Chick said...

I know the waiting game is so hard! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

SouthernAccent said...

Just keep praying and God will answer! He answers prayers, but not always on our timeline - it's his! Good luck and thinking about you guys!

Tara Gibson said...

keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! yall have been busy!

My Home - My Life said...

Wow - sounds like a lot has happened with you guys in such a short period of time. Keep praying and following God cause he has a perfect plan for you and your family...

Milltini said...

I have my fingers crossed for you guys!

Jenny.Lee said...

Good luck with everything!

Lori said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and could sort of relate to this post because we recently moved. It was only move #2, but we renovated the house all summer and lived in 4 different places over 3 momths - including a lenghty stay with my parents. :) I love your conclusion and couldn't agree more. Hope you feel His peace about this soon!

misty said...

wow! this is alot of changes, moves, & maybe more in the future. glad you shared... i will be praying for you & this BIG decision you guys must make soon. please keep us updated.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved