Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recipe Exchange Extravaganza!

We all need new proven-yummy-go-to recipes right?! Main courses, side dishes, and desserts of course!

Ok, so here's the idea! I put a Mister Linky at the bottom of this post, all you have to do is leave a comment, add your blog link by clicking on Mister Linky, and post or link to an old post of an awesome recipe that you love! Then everyone can come to your site and see your rockin' recipe!

What do you make when new guests come over, what does everyone ask you to make, what do you never have leftovers from, what's a great figure friendly recipe, weight-watchers, slow-cooker, anything! If you want you can tell everyone to come linky too, then we'll all have lots of new great recipes to try!

Here's mine...Lasagna R0lls! From Giada on the F00d Netw0rk!


Bechamel Sauce:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pinch ground nutmeg

Lasagna:
1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped (I haven't used but try it out :))
1 large egg, beaten to blend 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for salting water
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella (about 4 ounces)
1 lb ground beef or turkey (a self added ingredient, we love meat=)!)

First! Lay all ingredients, mixing bowls, pans, measuring cups and spoons out on counter, at their little "station" so you don't have to run around your kitchen like a crazy lady trying to find things after you start:) Though it does happen girls, it does =).


To make the Bechamel ("fancy shmancy") sauce!

1. Melt the butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat.

2. Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes.

3. Whisk in the milk. Increase the heat to medium-high.

4. Whisk the sauce until it comes to a simmer and is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.

5. Whisk the salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the bechamel sauce. (it's still yummy even if you forget don't have the nutmeg=))

Lasagna time!

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

2. Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil the noodles until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. (ooh and make a couple extra just in case some rip up while they're cooking or being pulled to safety:))

3. Arrange the noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking. (perfect for your mixture assembly line!)

4. Whisk the ricotta, spinach, 1 cup Parmesan, prosciutto, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. (and meat here too if you love your meat =)!)

5. Butter a 13-by-9-by-2-inch glass baking dish.

6. Pour the bechamel sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. (it smells delish!)

7. Lay out 4 (or how ever many you can fit :)) lasagna noodles on a work surface, then spread about 3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle.


8. Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle like a jelly roll. (they're fun to make too!)

9. Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down, without touching, atop the bechamel sauce in the dish. (your mouth should be watering by now!)

10. Spoon 1 cup of marinara sauce over the lasagna rolls (I usually just do both cups of sauce).

11. Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the lasagna rolls. (always feel free to use more cheese =)!!)


12. Cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated through and the sauce bubbles (yum!!), about 20 minutes. (ooh and spray the tin foil with cooking spray so the cheese won't stick!)

13. Uncover and bake until the cheese on top becomes golden, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes (if you can wait that long =)!).

14. Meanwhile, heat the remaining (or additional, some peeps like their sauce) marinara sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot, and serve alongside. (now dig in!!)

Linky up ladies!! The more that linky the more great go-to new recipes we'll all have to make! Happy recipe sharing!!

24 comments:

Sweet Carolina Bride said...

Such a great idea! I'll be sure to link up later.

yours truly... said...

That looks like Yummy Goodness!! I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe!

I'm off to dig through my cookbooks for a good recipe now!!!

Lindsey said...

Oh yummy!! What a fun idea!

Heather said...

This looks great!! I will be adding a link here soon!! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Apparently I did a very poor job of paying attention to the lasagna, my baby was in my lap crying, this is the one that I was going to post!! LOL!!!

Shannon said...

That looks so yummy!!!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

That looks so yummy!

My Home - My Life said...

MMM that looks and sounds so so so good!

alyssa said...

yum!!!!

Lucky in Love said...

This looks fantastic! I have had this recipe in my book for...years..and I have never made it! Now that I see it...I'm gonna!

Sandy Toes said...

Oh...how yummy! I love recipes like this...a side salad and bread makes it a perfect family dinner~
sandy toe

Tara Gibson said...

looks FABULOUS! and i love the step by step pics : )

Megan said...

Good idea! Those rolls sound so yummy!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Those look AMAZING!!!!! I am printing this right now!

Justin and Jenn said...

That looks SOOOO yummy!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

MMM, that looks so delicious!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

I kidd you not that my mouth started salavating! How silly! Those look incredible!! WOW!

Wish I had some recipes... Still trying to get boiling water down!

Suzette said...

Yum... That looks so good!!!

ARK said...

yum that looks so good, I will try out this new recipe I am making for friends this weekend, if they like it I will post it!

Krystyn said...

Those look delicious!

If only I had the counter space to do that!

Oh, and I'm off dairy and tomatoes right now for the little one!

Torture me with pictures of cheesy goodness!!!

Krystyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

That looks really delicious!!!

Lane said...

Wow that looks so yummy!! What a cute idea!

Heather said...

Yum!! That Giada can really throw down ;).

I would link up but since my blog is all password protected, I'll spare everyone who doesn't have the necessary login and pswd info from clicking here. I did just add a chicken Piccata recipe today FYI which IS a family favorite - oh so good!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved