Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Other Night and The Days of Yesteryear

The Other Night: Getting ready to play some games together =)

Me: Would you like me to make chocolate chip cookies=)?

Hubby: Hmm...you don't have to.

Me: You don't want chocolate chip cookies?

Hubby: They are yummy. I'd eat them if you made them but I don't have to have them.

Me: You're saying that you don't want fresh out of the oven warm soft chocolate chip cookies?!!

Hubby: Well when you say it like that...

Me: Ok I'll make 'em!!

If I make them for Hubby then I don't feel so bad eating them too!

A few memories from yesteryear!

Do you remember MadLibs?? Ellen did one on her show with Reese yesterday and it was really cute! How many times did you play these with your girlfriends or at school, for sleepovers, and how hilarious did we think they were?


How about the infamous elementary game...The Oreg0n Trail??? Do you remember?? Did you ever finish, win, and get to Oregon before everybody died? or before all your oxen died, you ran out of food, your carriage broke down, or Mary got dysentery?

If you don't want to let the memory fade, Lucky in Love posted some cute t-shirts on her blog, including an Oreg0n Trail one!

All of that made me think about sending notes during class! Did you ever get caught? Or in between classes in a friend's locker!

And how about the special ways of folding the notes. You know bend, fold fold fold, tuck the end in to a special flap and tadaa, a cute little shaped note that you could tell if someone else opened who wasn't supposed to open it because they couldn't get it folded back the right way. haa!

And you had to write in some code or your own language, just in case a note fell into the wrong hands! Including the boy you liked. Of course. Hubby's code would have been 65. =)

It's so funny to think back to those days! I'm so glad for today, haha!

I hope you're having a great weekend! We're going to my Aunt's tonight to celebrate my Dad's b-day. Oh and we are supposed to hear back about the house by the end of the month (next week!) :) Have a great weekend!!

18 comments:

*~! megs !~* said...

Ohmygosh. I rocked the Oregon Trail. We had Oregon Trail day once a week in elementary school and it simply made my week.

This game should still be out.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I agree I always feel better about making cookies when I know my hubby will eat them!

Heather said...

I LOVED Oregon Trail!! I would so love to play it right now! I am pretty sure we have some conversations about cookies like that in our house too! You are making me hungry!!

Hollie said...

i used to love the oregon trail!

Nancy said...

Ummmm....I still play MadLibs every chance I get! Ha!! I've never heard of Oregon Trail!?

mandy rose said...

I love to make it seem like it's "hubby's idea" to make cookies...when, in reality, I am the one craving them! Haha! Best idea ever to defer yourself from the guilt.

Jon and Steph said...

I LOVED Oregon Trail! We played it in elementary school! Man that takes me back ;)

I love me some cookies! Sadly we would eat the whole batch if I made them. Sweets don't last long around here!

jlc said...

Gelato and choc chip cookies?!?! The two of us would do absolute damage together!!


Le chocolat is the answer to your question! :)

Hope you had a blast at the bday bash!

Lucky in Love said...

I love Mad Libs...we used to get them on family vacations and do them in the car. I love them!!

Thanks for the shout out by the way :)

~Holly~ said...

I do love chocolate chip cookies but my hubby is on a diet...thank goodness I have 3 children to use as an excuse to make them! I found you on My Journey Toward: The Glamorous Life of a Housewife. Your blog is so cute and your little boy is adorable!! Congratulations and good luck with the upcoming birth of your new little one, not too much longer, and you look fabulous!

Rebecca Jo said...

WOW.. memories... I loved to make those little paper things... Telling me how many kids I'd have or who'd I marry... how funny!

And Mad Libs... that's a classic!

Faith said...

Oh man, I hadn't thought about some of those things in years! I bet those chocolate chip cookies were delish...I never pass any of those up!

Thank you SO much for your support of our trip! A proper thank you will be on the way, but I just had to let you know how much it means to us.

Hope y'all have had a great weekend!

ARK said...

We love Mad libs, they still make them and we did one not too long ago with Amanda giving us all of the nouns. It was so fun! She loved the crazy story:)

Lane said...

AHAHAHA I loved Mad Libs!! And I had TOTALLY forgot about Oregon Trail...we played that at school ALL the time! Thanks for the good old memories! :)

Shannon said...

I do the same thing with the whole baking goodies thing!!

Tara Gibson said...

yum chocolate chip cookies :)

i love mad libs!!!!

Krystyn said...

I would eat them, too!!

Lindsey said...

LOL at your cookie convo, too funny!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved