Friday, March 20, 2009

My Name Is...n't

This is so random... I'm sure we watched a movie that reminded me of this!

I've always wanted to come up with an alias for myself! You know, a fake name to go by in case random sketchy person asks me my name I can say, Hiii my name is...Svetlana, or Natasha, or Vanessa. Haha! I'm not sure why I'm picking mostly exotic European names =)!

Our GPS's name is Natasha (I actually didn't name her =)). Does your GPS or other household items have a name?? We have a space heater named Esteban =)! His predecessor was Edgar (he blew up, it was a sad day!). My violin's name is Giuseppe. =) Our cars are currently unnamed...I digress.

But I have a problem lying! I guess it's not a problem, but I can't lie very well! I don't even like withholding information! Especially the closer I am to someone. Ok, now if I really was a spy I could totally do it, you know for our nati0n's secur.ity or my family/friends, haha! (I mentioned in an earlier post how I used to want to be a spy!!) Or fun secrets or private conversations with friends/family! If you confide in me, that's where it stays =) Oh I digress again!

So I always thought about my alias in college especially when I was by myself. There were so many times I was so close and almost said my fake name then at the last second said my real one!!!

Has anyone else had this goofy thought? Do you have an alias? Or do your inanimate objects have names? =)!! And what are they?!

and keep getting ready to post your go-to dish recipe =)!

18 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

You are so cute! I name things in my house too! I was put in a situation where I had to use a fake name. It's a long story, but on the spur of the moment I called myself Tammy. How in the world did I come up with that? Why couldn't I come up with something that sounded a little sexier or a little more exotic?

Lindsey said...

haha you are too cute!

Rebecca Jo said...

That's so funny... but yes, I name objects all the time... I'm big on names...

I have a habit of calling everyone different "versions" of their name... dont know why... my boyfriend Bob was always Big Buddha - Steve is Steve-a-roni... Matt was Worm... so many different name callings!

Carrie said...

Yes I name things my cars name is June as in June bug (its a green VW beetle). Cute post! Have a great weekend!

SassyEngineer said...

How funny :) I don't think I have ever really come up with an alias, but now I kind of want to!

Stuart and Sarah Creamer said...

That is funny- I like to give things weird names. My brother Matt is Mattchoo- I used to call myself Sarah Belizabeth instead of Elizabeth...just fun random stuff like that.
One day when Stuart and I finally have children- hopefully this frozen embryo transfer will work...3rd times a charm- we can give our kids funny names too :-)

d.a.r. said...

Most of my appliances have names. My kitchen aid mixer is "Alton", my car is "Betsy", my macbook is "Douglas", our LCD tv is "Sam" (it's a samsung...). I am slightly ridiculous :)

LyndsAU said...

girl, i name the weirdest things!! it's so strange but it makes me giggle! :)

*~! megs !~* said...

You are so funny! And I totally do this too! My purse's name is Coco, my car is Queen Lulu Petunia (don't ask!), my former car (RIP!) was Club Cavalier, and my pillows name is The Pillow. I know that doesn't seem like a name, but the THE is pretty important! I might be weird.

And in college my friends and I always used fake names. They were usually just whatever we came up with the opportunity to make one up presented itself!!

Rachel said...

We like to give nicknames to people we don't really know their names, but feel like we know them. For example: our neighbors that lived in the same apartment building, we did know their names but we called them Garly and Vanny!! Everytime she would cook, the whole building would smell like garlic and he drove a big scary van =). We still laugh so hard when we say a van that reminds us of good ole Vanny!!!!

Lianna Knight said...

I don't have a secret name...BUT, any time I come home and the kitchen is dirty...my husband always says..."Honey, I have no idea what happened, but this stranger came in and made a mess in our kitchen."

So typical :(

AO said...

I have considered naming my camera (aka third arm) Miriam.

Lucky in Love said...

Just fond your blog! :)

My GPS is named Milly :)

Lucky in Love said...

And when I say I just found your blog....I mean I finally had time to look at it after all of the nice comments you have made on mine :) Just thought I'd clarify!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Can't say that I have an alias, but I did used to tell people that my name was Elizabeth when I was little because I didn't like Carrie. I am over it now, but that's the closest I can get! :)
Carrie

Allison said...

Our GPS is Lola...she is kind of saucy. :)

My friend's was Ken. He was Australian...

1 Hot Dish said...

This post totally cracked me up!! You are too cute!! :)

Have a good weekend!!

ChickenGal said...

Yes I do have an alias, but if i told you It wouldn't be a secret alias.....I use it once in a while, but have had it a long time. Yes we name things too, but our favorite was our first baby I carried...we called it FRED!, but when he was born, we hurried and changed it to Chris!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved