Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Great and The Ca-razy

Comments like this are great: "Are you even wearing maternity jeans?"

My response, "I love you!" - the real answer is yes and I'm up a size, sigh :) or too big pre-preg pants or skirts with a rubberband, oh and I just wore the bellaband for the first time today, very cool peeps :)

Comments like this are not so great: "You must be due so soon, your two little ones will be so close together."

My response, "Ummm, no but thank you for telling me I'm huge lady!" laughing to myself

***

Great: "You don't even look pregnant from behind."

My response, "I love you!" - although there is no mirror I have seen that agrees with that :) and certainly not after spending 2 months on my back forcing everything to just...spread...and enlarge...big sigh. oh the love handles. bigger than ever before. ever. anything for the baby though!! :)

Not so great: "You're just getting bigger and bigger."

My response, "Thank you Uncle, I love you and think I completely understand what you're trying to say but you may want to choose different wording next time haha :)"

***

Very great: "Song, Mommy, Song?" My response: "Ahh of course I'll sing you a song Baby!"

Not so great: Shortly after I start singing..."All done song Mommy, all done song."

My response: "Hahaaa. I love you!" - luckily that only happened a couple times! I'm calling it a fluke, now he asks me to sing! good boy :)

***

I am still so surprised what people are comfortable saying to strangers! I still will never assume either how far along someone is or that they are even pregnant for fear of significantly hurting their feelings! :)

Nor have I walked up to someone I don't know and asked to touch their belly! haha!...hasn't happened this time yet, though I did say yes to the girl who soo interestedly asked, haa!

Or told someone they must be having a girl because they're carrying so wide. ha! luckily that hasn't happened this time either. though others said it had to be a boy bc it looked like a basketball all in front, they were the ones I believed!

I say all of this while laughing peeps! most of the time ha!

Has anyone said anything totally ca-razy to you? Preggy or not :)

19 comments:

ARK said...

Your post made me crack up! I did have a stranger just touch my belly in Walmart the last time. It really freaked me out!

Love the singing comment! Amanda told me this week to stop singing because "you don't sing very good!" I can't blame her since we have been working with her on always telling the truth:)

Jen Clark said...

My uncle also made an inappropriate comment but I didn't let it phase me much since that's just how he is. About a month after having Kira, he saw me and said, "So, have you lost the weight yet? Hmm...looks like you have a little ways more to go."

Heather said...

I am 28 and about a year ago, I was in the Taco Bell drive through back home and the teenager asked me if such and such was my daughter at the local high school. The mini-van does not do good things for my image apparently! Great post!!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What an awesome blog! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Haha!! This post is cracking me up! We need to see pics of your cute belly!

quartermom said...

oh yes honey..it happens...for some reason when you are pregnant that is open season for commentary from anyone..hang in there...just take it lightheartedly..don't get upset if someone says you are big you are healthy..i'd rather be big than tiny nad stickllyl...right? it's the one time you have an excuse to have a belly..enjoy.

Mandy Rose said...

I totally know what you mean about people who don't think before they speak when commenting on pregnant woman and their belly's! You wanna just be like "hello, I already feel like a barn...I don't need you reinforcing it!" Sweetie, you are a doll pregnant! Trust me...you look fabulous in all the pics I've seen!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Hang in there! When do you know what you are having?

Gwen said...

Some people need to learn to shut the heck up!!! And why is that family always seems to be the first people to have no filters. Next time tell the rude people to SHUT UP!!! {HUGS}

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I'm pretty sure I probably look pregnant and I'm not, if that makes you feel any better?! Haha!

1 Hot Dish said...

This post is so funny!!! People say the craziest stuff!!

Thanks for your sweet comment about my wedding video. :)

Have a good week!

Tara Gibson said...

haha.. this was funny to read.. post pics of your bump girl!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

How funny!! That's too bad that some people just don't know that there are some things you don't say to a pregnant woman!! You gotta love those nice comments though :) And I agree, we need pics soon.

Krystyn said...

Too funny...

I seriously did a similar post about what to say about my kids just last week!

And, of course you always get honesty from your kiddos.

Michelle said...

LOL! Oh, those pregnancy related comments can go either way can't they?

Since I'm really tall I didn't stick out a lot in front with the girls, but one time right in the middle of a party one of our male friends asked if I was about ready to give birth because I looked HUGE!

I was 6 months and he was an idiot. :)

lesley said...

Haha, that's funny! I haven't had any kids yet and I never thought of all the comments you would get while pregnant. But I'm sure they are VERY interesting at times! lol. : )

Jennifer said...

God Bless the people who keep telling me it looks like I haven't gained any weight at all. THe Lord has somethin' special for them, I tell you what!

The craziest thing I've heard was a comment about how big my chest area is getting - it was a very good friend - but still - I don't need a verbal reminder, I am well aware!!!

Shannon said...

Those are all hilarious! I haven't had any strange/weird comments except to ask if I am Lebonesse (sp?) or Mexican. I am as American as you can get. I don't think I look foreign! :)

Mrs. Cup said...

This is so funny!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved