Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For The Love of Laundry

I was going to try to blame this on pregnancy brain but I won't...

I just rewashed a load of laundry for the third time.

The last of several loads, forgotten for the day, a little smelly, rewashed, left overnight, smelly again! You know that, slightly moldy couldn't stand smelling yourself throughout the day in a piece of clothing with it, scent.

It is finally in the dryer. Safe and sound, drying away.

This I will...

I made scones Saturday morning with fresh strawberries (I know, strawberries?, but we were out of rasberries, blueberries, and anything scone-like).

Everything was looking great.

I took the first bite and thought...some'm ain't right. What is that??

Hubby tried it and said, "I don't taste it... ok... well..." trying to be so nice, "maybe there is a little funny aftertaste..."

I used baking soda instead of baking powder. I cannot remember the last time I did that!

I thought I was beating it! I always know where my keys, wallet, makeup, and camera are. and the baby, ok except for a couple times he was in the pantry or our closet, I do get excited about pantries and closets too =)

23 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Hi there! Love your blog:)

Don't worry. I'm not pregnant, and I do that ALL THE TIME with the laundry!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

I'm guilty of doing that to the laundry too!

quite contrary said...

haha, I do that with laundry too! in fact there is a wet load in the washing machine right now! hopefully i will remember to dry it tonight...if not it will be washed again tomorrow! ha!

Shannon said...

I do that in the laundry too and I can't blame it on pregnancy brain. :)

Lindsey said...

hahaha! you are so cute!

Renee said...

At least you have an excuse. I do things like that all the time!

mandy rose said...

Gotta love pregnancy brain!! I think my work thought I was losing it when I was pg because I was so forgetful! Good news...not much longer and your normal brain will be back! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Haha! This is hilarious! I would blame it all on being preggers!

Lucky in Love said...

Ha! That is too funny!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Oh no! I've totally done that with baking....I think I used too much flour & not enough sugar {switched them} and it was awful. Bummer! As for the laundry, I've also done that. In fact, it happens at our house quite often, ha!

d.a.r. said...

Hmm I do stupid crap like that all of the time, and I am most definitely not preggers! Ha!

Tracy's Porch said...

I've done that with laundry also!!!

I say blame it on pregnancy brain and milk that excuse while you can!!! Then just blame it on mommy brain after Baby Boy #2 is born :-)

♥Brandy said...

I have done that before and I don't have pregnancy brain to blame..ha!

Shanny said...

LoL too funny!!!

misty said...

i have washed the same load of clothes a couple of times too... and i'm not prego!!! so you have a good excuse! haha

*~! megs !~* said...

Is it bad that I do that kind of stuff on a daily basis and cannot blame it on pregnancy??! Oh well...

Jon and Steph said...

I always forget about laundry in the wash and have to rewash over and over! You're not alone. (It looks like a lot of other people do this as well.) Too funny. ;)

Heather said...

Okay I totally had to smile when I read the part about the laundry b/c it is my #1 most hated chore and I am notorious for doing the same thing. At least you have a valid excuse, my only one is plain old forgetfulness... that and the fact that I, you know despise laundry ;).

Krystyn said...

I think having kids makes the laundry so much more forgettable! I do it all the time!

And, now I'm hungry for scones!

My name is Megan... said...

haha poor thing! at least you can an A for Effort!!

Tara Gibson said...

haha, i have heard pregnacy drains the brain! : )

Heather said...

Poor thing, go ahead and blame it on the pregnancy brain thing. The scones sound yummy! I hate that smell of forgetting to fold the laundry or put it in the dryer!! UGH!!!

Britni and Justin said...

I just did that last week with the laundry! And I am not pregnant!! Thanks for helping me to see that I am not the only one that does that!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved