Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update

Hi girls, I've missed you! We had our first appt yesterday and praise God that we got to see the baby (only one, I so thought it was twins because of how bad I've been feeling, haa!), the baby's heartbeat, and little bean is measuring right on...

But the doctor was horrible. We told him for about two weeks now I have been pretty much sidelined. I have been resting/sleeping/trying to find something I can eat to sustain myself. I think, oh I can get up and try to do something and then realize, nope nope I can't. And I've had a fever for many days now (it was really the fever part more than the sidelined part :)). He pretty much ignored it.

I didn't think to take my temp until Fri night and it registered between 99.5-99.9, though I'd been feeling pretty bad for about two weeks now. We put a cool cloth on my forehead and called it a night. The next day it stayed around the same and went up to 100.3. I talked to a great friend who recommended cool Epsom salt baths to help lower fever and took some Tylen0l throughout the day too. It was still not lowering and I was still feeling terrible so I called the after hours nurses line. She said as long as you can keep it below 100.4 you and the baby should be ok. If you can't then go to the emergency room. It's been up to 100.8 but hasn't stayed up that high.

The fever has persisted and even though it isn't a high grade fever it hasn't really gone below the 99s (which is pretty high for me). So since the doctor yesterday was horrible and had nothing for me to do or check me out any further we called our old practice back east. They are absolutely amazing and realize and appreciate every single new precious life and don't think of it as oh just another one.

The doctor who was on call was one of our main doctors during our high risk preg with BigGuy and I almost cried that I was going to be able to talk with him. He said it doesn't seem like it's just something pregnancy related. It's not the highest fever but he's slightly concerned that it's been going on for so long now. He said it I should go see the ob or family practice doctor and see if we can find out what else is going on.

So we have an appt at 2:45pm with a nurse practiti0ner, the doctor was all booked up. We are just praying the baby is protected.

My husband is amazing and is currently doing all the dishes, cleaning, cooking for everybody, diapers, feeding and taking care of the baby, working, taking care of me, dropping everything to go out and get something if I think I might able to eat it. We miss my Mom back east, she used to come over when I was on bed rest or after the baby was born and do dishes, vacuum, cook, she was awesome! And all of our amazing friends who helped us like crazy too!

I feel terrible for feeling terrible. It was not like this at all with the BigGuy. I was working 14-15 hour days on my feet, definitely feeling all day sickness but still able to function. Anyway, I'm so sorry I haven't been around reading or commenting, I haven't gotten on the computer except to look up doctors, but Hubby has been looking up most things too (I know sooo unlike me, haa!, see you know I'm not feeling well if I can't even get on the computer).

I really hope I can get back to you all soon, I can't tell you how much we appreciate your prayers, we were so happy to see a baby in there yesterday! I hope I don't lose you by not being around, I look forward to getting back to it very soon! I hope you guys are doing great and I really look forward to catching up with all of you soon! Thanks girls and thank you so much for all of your comments and well wishes I can't begin to tell you how much they lift my spirits!

39 comments:

Mrs. Cup said...

I am SO sorry you've been feeling so awful! I will be praying so hard for your fever to go down and for you to start feeling great!

I am so glad you got to see that precious baby!

LyndsAU said...

I am sorry that your doctor was not good! I hope you feel better too! I am glad that the little one is good :)

Lindsey said...

Aw so sorry you haven't been feeling well friend! Praying for you and your sweet family!

Thanks for the update, I've missed you!

Rebecca Jo said...

Dont you worry about your blog buddies. We'll always be here for you.

Praying that fever goes down!!! Glad to get an update. Hope your appointment goes well today & you get some medical help!! We'll cover that baby up in prayer too! Try not to worry!!!

Tater Mama said...

Bless your heart. I am sorry you haven't been feeling well, and even sorrier that your doctor was less than sympathetic to your concerns.

You want to look at those doctors and say, "I realize that you see dozens of pregnant women every day, but at this moment the only one in the room is me. So please pay attention to MY particular set of needs and concerns. MmmKay?"

Feel better soon, and a pat on the back for the hubby.

amy (metz) walker said...

Wow, I hate it when they are so nonchalant about your feelings/worries! Hope you feel better soon and just take care of yourself!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Well, I'm glad you got to talk to the gang back at Tepeyac. I'm sorry you're still feeling bad. Hang in there, kiddo. And let us know how your appt. goes this afternoon!

Rachel said...

I hope you are ok! Keep us posted. Glad all went great yesterday and baby is doing good.

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I'll be praying for your fevers to go away and little bean to stay well and protected inside of your tummy. Have a good Thanksgiving girl!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sorry you are feeling so bad....there is a lot going around right now...maybe it is a flu bug or something!! Good luck at the doc's today and keep us posted!!

Your hubby is a sweetheart!!

Other than your fever and morning sickness, I am happy to hear that the baby is right on track!!

Thinking of you:)

Lisa

Carrie said...

I've missed you I hope things get better soon!

Carolyn said...

Oh man, that is so frustrating for you I imagine. I hope you feel better very, VERY soon!

Tara Caire said...

I hope you get to feeling better! and also CONGRATS! I have been gone for so long from the blogger world with the wedding and honeymoon i have a lot of catching up to do... FEEL BETTER GIRL!

The Farmer Files said...

growing a baby is hard work! Get your rest!

AO said...

We at TM have been and will continue to pray for you guys, girl! Glad the measurements are affirming. :) You are always in our thoughts.

My home - My life said...

So sorry - hope you feel better soon. I feel so bad for you - hang in there!

TheVanzants said...

Praying you feel better soon!

Renee said...

Praying for you!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Hang in there! We will be keeping you guys in our prayers!

Faith said...

So sorry you're not feeling well. Hope your up and at 'em soon! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

r2d2jsh said...

Hi, Friend! We still think about you guys and will be praying for you and your new little one, and checking back in to see how you are doing. Love, Josie Harvey

Sandy Toes said...

I am so glad your appointment went well! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Happy Thanksgiving!
-sandy toes

Piker Family said...

Just Hang in there!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

MiMi said...

So sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad and that your doctor was so unsympathetic to your concerns. I hope that the fever is completely gone and you are soon able to eat and regain your strength. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

This working mom said...

Oh prayers are lifting! And, once my parents leave on Friday I will call you and I can come over and do some dishes or bring you all some groceries or SOMETHING! Blessings and yay for little lives!

Rachel said...

You are in my prayers for sure!! Keep us posted!!

SassyEngineer said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling sick and that the doctor hasn't been helpful. I will definitely keep you in my prayers!

Suzette said...

I am so excited to see a post from you this morning! I have missed ya! I was thinking of you last night and said a prayer for ya! I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! Keep us updated! I hope that you get some answers to the fever and that they can help you feel a little more energized.. I hate that you are having to deal with that, but it helps me to know someone else that is going thru the same thing! I feel so guilty because by the time I get home, I am completely exhausted, I haven't really cooked a meal in weeks! Last Sat was the first day I felt like doing anything! Let me know if you figure out a trick to the energy too! :)

Trina said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Keep us updated!

Heather said...

Praying for you and baby!

Hollie said...

I hate to hear that you're feeling so bad. I've missed your posts but completely understand!

Hope to start feeling better soon!

Britni and Justin said...

Hope you feel better soon! Praying for you and your family!

ARK said...

Praying you feel great soon and the fever goes away, and for little bean to stay healthy and strong:)Thanking God for such a wonderful helpmate he has given you at this time:)Kiss little man from Manda:)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you can find a great doctor. And I hope you get to feeling better. Don't worry about losing me. I just keep checking. I knew something must have been up. I'm so glad you got to see that sweet little baby.

angie said...

Oh no. I hope the doctors appointment goes well and they get to the bottom of your fever. And, that you are not sidelined the whole pregnancy. That would really be hard! HUGS!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

well I hope the nurse helps you figure out what is going on!!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I hope all is well with you ALL... I am praying for you....miss you!

calista said...

I just prayed for you, and your baby, and thanked God for your wonderful husband who is taking care of you. Warm wishes!

Lane said...

Oh you poor thing! I pray that it's nothing serious as well. Keep us updated and try to stay well. Don't worry we'll be here when you get back! :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved