Friday, November 7, 2008

He's a Border Collie and a HipHopster

Hubby compared the baby to a border collie today and I think he's right. :) And our little son chose hiph0p over a children's version of the Itsy Bitsy Spider!

We had a lovely morning, a long must needed nap for the big guy...he's teething molars, not bad just needs a little more sleep, cuddles, a little more dependent, wants to be held, and maybe a little fussier, or a lot, all of which I love. I love the cuddles, I love the Momma!s and Mommys! up up up!, I love the times that I have to comfort him, and hold him, I get to kiss his sweet head, brush his soft face with my chin as we snuggle, and feel his little squishy soft nose on my bottom lip when I slowly lean down.

It was a tough day at first but turned into a great one. BabyBoy is in testing phase #178. He's such a good boy, but good boys have to test their boundaries too, right?

To us it was the simple act of obeying to sit down before receiving a snack or drink. It is super cute too, if the big guy wants a snack or drink, he either signs food or drink, or asks for something, a "manana" perhaps, then sits down in anticipation of receiving said snack.

But yesterday and today were a different story. There was crying, there was non-obedience. My first thought was actually is he not wanting to sit for a reason. Is his little bum hurting, does he need some Butt Paste (it is a real brand, I promise, we don't need it often but supposedly the best for their sweet little bums, note to preggies)? But he sat in my lap, his high chair, or on the couch, he just appeared to not want to obey.

In the most loving way possible, Mommy and Daddy must win...lesson #2 :) Lesson #1 is they are God's and we need to pray for wisdom on how to raise them! :) It took a little longer this time but we won and he was his sweet little energetic self again. It is amazing what these smart little creatures from God understand. At such a young little precious age, they are cunning manipulators, sweet and very cute, but cunning.

Now is where the collie comes in. He is such an active, and dare I say smart, they all are! :) little guy who loves to try to figure things out and needs something to do (he is soo like his Daddy :)). Most of the time this does not involve playing with actual toys bought from a store. :) He loves to find anything that we handle, anything electronic, or even a plastic bottle or container. Note to the preggies: It is not necessary to buy lots of "toys", stock up on water bottles, tupperware, and some colorful things and they'll be so happy :)

I've been a little bit of a homebody again this week, I mean, we've gone to some parks and walks, and the store once or twice, but since we're tightening the budget why tempt myself? It's soo tempting! :) So Hubby said, he's just like a Border Collie, he has so much energy and just needs to go to more parks or new fun things that will be new places for him to figure out. I definitely agree! I'm going to try to find some new things for us to do in the coming weeks, now I'm accountable and I'll tell you what I find! :)

And finally, Hubs turned on a cd for the baby while we were cooking dinner. After about 30 seconds, the big guy said dunnnn, walked over to the cd changer, squatted down on his little legs, pressed the button for the radio, hiph0p was on (Gettin' J*ggy W*th It, in particular!), and he started walkin around and dancing, even picked up a bear to dance with too, I had to bust some moves too once I heard it! I have to admit I did listen to my share of hiphop in college, but he was not in utero then, haha!

23 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

Ohhh I heart butt paste! It is the best ever stuff...and I kinda like the way it smells!

The Pink Owl said...

Your little one sounds adorable! I'm glad I'm not the only one being a "homebody" lately. Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!!

TheVanzants said...

I agree about not buying alot of toys - water bottles and coke boxes are Reese's favorite :)

You little guy sounds like such a hoot :)

Rae said...

I can't agree more, butt paste is the best! JK hasn't gotten so bad when we go shopping that I have no choice but to stay home or loose my sanity!

I think it is absolutely adorable how your little guy sits down while waiting for his food/drink! So sweet and so trusting that he'll get what he wants!!

My kids have never liked "baby" music! They have always preferred "big kid" music!!

Renee said...

Very wise words: "Lesson #1 is they are God's and we need to pray for wisdom on how to raise them!"

Rachel said...

Love Lesson #1...just wish I got a hand book with O =)!! I have to admit we do our fair share of dancing to hip hop around here too!!

AO said...

Next up you should try "Crazy in Love". See if Baby Boy digs him some Beyonce. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

OHHH - you think he's testing you now? Wait until he's a teen!!!

But love your rules with #1 being God ..... that's why Baby Boy is going to grow into an incredible man!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

cute! Love dancing babies - and I always open the plastics cupboard - babies love this!!

Lindsey said...

So cute that he turned on the hip hop and started dancing. How adorable!

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

HA! Love the hip hop baby dance!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Poor baby! I hope the teething gets better.

Faith said...

Ha!! Love the hip hop story. I think we need to see some video of his moves!!

Shannon said...

He is at such a fun stage! When they test their boundries it is so hard not to laugh. :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love the Butt Paste! The name alone cracks me up! I can understand the "homebody" mentality...we are having one of those days ourselves (and the tighter budget doesn't help). It feels good though!
Carrie

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

I'm not sure what you expected, knowing you and your Hubs. Seriously, did you think he was going to be a "laid back, take it easy" sort of kid? I think not. Nope, he'll be ACTION-PACKED!!!!

Nicole said...

I am cracking up right now thinking about your little guy dancing to Getting Jiggy With It! Ha I bet he looked adorable. Have a good weekend!!

Trina said...

Ya girl here love some hiphop!

THE Stephanie said...

Oh I miss my kids being so little and cuddly... they're 5 and almost 9. Where does the time go?

Michelle said...

To me there isn't anything more precious than a little one with arms held out asking, "Up." I love that.

The Arthur Clan said...

My kids and I dance to hip-hop all the time ~ it's so much fun!

You little guy sounds like a cutie. :)

Sandy Toes said...

Love that paste....have a great weekend!
-sandy toes

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, he sounds so precious!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved