Friday, October 17, 2008

Sewing Update - One Man Down!

I am so not a clutz! Ok, the Hubs says I run into things, I so don't, well maybe sometimes, but it is so recent, I did not used to do that a few years ago! What is happening?

I'm making progress on my apron but with a few casualties...

~I've had to unstitch something...twice! The first time I pinned the straps on all wrong! Duh! The second time the needle hit a pin and bent! Nooooo!! Most of the time it just goes over the pins and if I believe it looks a little ackward then I will remove it before sewing further!!

~In an attempt to fix the needle...unbend the needle...what was I thinking?!!!...I was pushing on the needle and all of a sudden it snapped off AND sliced my thumb! What?!! I'm ok...I washed my wound and put on a bandaid. Not a fun bright pink or character bandaid, just a plain ole boring non-stylish bandaid. Is it bad if I can see a little blood on the outside of the bandaid? What fun bandaid would you choose??

Rethreading the new needle and normal functions are a little more difficult now with my gimpy thumb!! :)

And then! It's going to be in the 90s today! We were going to go to the fair but Hubs isn't fond of walking around in the beating sun, I don't blame him :), so I had the fabulous idea of going SHOPPING! Woohoo, he agreed! He needs lots of new stuff too, but I hope his shopping stamina lasts longer than 23 minutes, ha!!

Although...Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert are performing tonight at the fair and we could see them in the general seating area for free if we go! I admit we don't know them super well, but we like country music :) My sister got us free fair tickets and a parking pass (a cool savings of $36!) so we can go any day. I'm trying to figure out if we should get a sitter for tonight and go as a date!

12 comments:

Rebecca Taylor said...

I say make it a date night!!

I'm sorry about your sewing injury! :)

Faith said...

Oh yes, injuries will happen. Watch out for pins too, they will get ya!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Yea...make it a date and have FUN!!!! I would surely go if I were there!!! :)

Lindsey said...

I wish it was in the 90s here!

Weeksie50 said...

Whoo Hoo. I think a date night sounds really fun..

I am sorry about your sewing injury. Oouch.

Jess said...

Definitely make it a date night... you won't regret seeing those two perform, they are great performers. And I feel your pain with the whole sewing fiasco... why can't it just be simple? I made curtains for my sons room and not until I had them completely finished did I realize I only put ties on the front and not on the back too... and made them extremely long (not quite sure what I was thinking). So, instead of taking them completely apart, I safety pinned them down and up around the back. They look really cute and no one can tell, except for the fact that they do not move from that length! :)

Carrie said...

Sorry about your sewing injury! Hope you have a great week!

Rae said...

Ouch! Not fun. I would have had to use a Hannah Montana tattoo bandaid. That's all we have in the house right now!!

90 degrees? Yikes!!! I was complaining about it being too warm yesterday and it was 70!

You should totally make it a date night tonight! Have fun!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I can't believe you bent the needle! Don't worry, I am always having to take stitching out. This is probably why I am not a huge fan of sewing!

Sandy Toes said...

I can't sew a button...so I admire anyone who can go beyond that!
Have a great weekend!
-Sandy Toes

Britni and Justin said...

Sorry about your injury! So, did you go see Blake and Miranda???

Trina said...

i have had many a sewing accident! lol so i feel your pain :) i've gotten 4 of the 6 costumes for the party sewn and pretty much without any major messups! Yay! :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved