Sunday, October 19, 2008

Refreshed

I had a different post of pics ready but I just thought I would share something else :)

It is always great to be reminded that the only thing that matters in life is God. We shouldn't worry about things, get upset when things don't happen the way we want, shouldn't have expectations and be anxious when the outcome isn't what we thought it would be, and don't have to feel judged by anyone other than God.

Hubs half jokingly probably mostly seriously :) asked me this morning, would you just get ready infinitely if I didn't tell you what time it was? :) Oops! I changed so many times this morning because I didn't feel like I looked good enough, like my clothes fit right enough, looked right enough, and I might be judged negatively if I didn't wear the right thing.

I had been feeling a little bit down this past week but heard some great reminders this morning.

Hebrews 12: 2-3 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

God should be our primary focus. And nobody is perfect except for One. Wow, doesn't that make you feel better? Makes me feel better!

The pastor said something before we took communion this morning. He talked about people in chains. When we see someone in chains we automatically know they are a criminal, that they are in bondage. We don't think of oursevles as being in bondage, but that we all need to take off any chains that are holding us back from being the people that God wants us to be or do the things for God that he wants us to do for Him.

It sure just makes me feel so much better when I remember that God is the only one that is perfect. That's definitely something that I've struggled with for a long long time. Worrying about what people think, worrying about what I say because I'm afraid that I'm going to offend somebody somewhere, wanting to please everybody, and realizing that it's all good just being a smiley, laughy, cookey, not perfect, makes mistakes girl that God made and loves.

Just some thoughts going on in my overly analytical mind :) Hopefully I'm not the only one that has any of those thoughts :)

We've been so in and out this weekend, I'll be catching up on all of your blogs later today :) I hope ya'll have been doing great! Thanks for those who laughed at my story from yesterday :)I was just sharing for fun and hope I didn't offend anyone :) Anybody who knows Hubby or us knows that we love to laugh, try to smile all the time, and (mostly hubby haaa!) has a cookey sense of humor :) Blog ya later peeps!

8 comments:

Baby Mama said...

Thank you for sharing this! I am glad I came across your blog. You have a beautiful family. Our pastor talked along these lines in church this morning. He talked about how discouragement is a tool of the devil and when we are feeling discouraged we need to pray authentically and fix our eyes on Jesus. We shouldnt fear anything in life, and stop focusing on failures, but have God-fear and reverence for the One who saved us and loves us. What a great God we have!
Have a blessed day!!!
Elyse

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I think it is ok to have those days where you feel blah! I do every once in awhile but then I snap out of it and ask for help from God to be more positive about life and different things! Great post!!

Meaghan said...

I see you are naturally caffeinated but just in case I thought I would tell you about my giveaway-we have decaff and tea too :)


Stopping by to tell you about my GiveAway! I started an online coffee shop Get The Bean and to celebrate we are giving away a 1 pound bag of coffee (or tea if you prefer) every week in October. To enter visit: www.getthebean.blogspot.com

If you are interested in raising money for your favorite cancer charity for an entire year go to: www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com

Thanks so much and have a great day!

-Meaghan

Renee said...

Good reminder.

Faith said...

So true. How can we not find comfort resting in Him and His ultimate, incredible plan for our lives? I needed this reminder...thank you for sharing!

Rebecca Taylor said...

Great reminder! Thanks for sharing!

Britni and Justin said...

What a great post!!! Thanks for sharing. I am trying to get my computer/website repaired today, so I will be back soon! I am lost without my blog!

LyndsAU said...

Amen! What a great post! So amazingly true. But so easy to forget sometimes in all the chaos of life!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved