Thursday, October 16, 2008

Please Pray Girls

Hi friends. Ya'll are such prayer warriors, that I am asking you for prayer for something really serious. Carolyn, our long time great friend Abe's Mom, was in a horrific car accident. Please pray. His brother started this website if you are interested in reading more.

Carolyn was super involved in our old church on the east coast, she spoke (on intimacy, woohoo!) at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) last year, she is a sweet, fun, light-hearted woman and I don't even know her very well but all of that shows.

This was written by our friend on Sunday
Carolyn’s injuries at the present time are as follows:
- Fractured skull on the right side
- Sabarachnoid hemorrhage
- Right rib fracture with punctured lung
- Open fracture on her right wrist
- The right side of her pelvis also has a fracture
- Compression fracture on her lumbar vertebra
- Hematoma (large bruise) on her right eye

The first two on the list are what is of most concern right now. Brain injuries are tricky things, the first 24-72 hours are the most vital. For now we are in a watch and wait mode. The outlook at present does not look very promising, but we will remain hopeful until informed otherwise.

Abe and Heather have two young boys and are working out with the family a, very east coast type A spreadsheet, it's impressive, schedule, breaking the family up in "teams" to rotate hospital visits and duties that need to be done so noone gets burned out. The hospital is in a different state than their residence, so Heather just flew back to their home state to be with their boys.

I know they would soo appreciate your prayers you super sweet ladies! We all know what an incredible impact prayer can have in any circumstance. Thank you so much in advance for putting Carolyn on your prayer list.

Thanks blogging queens!

27 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

I am praying with you for this family..

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm praying. Oh how we need Him who can work miracles!

calista said...

I will be praying for Carolyn, Abe and Heather. This is so hard a family when the loved ones are spread out.

Lianna Knight said...

Count me...I'll say a special prayer for them this morning :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

They will be in my prayers.

Sandy Toes said...

Praying for her:)
Sandy Toes

Rebecca Taylor said...

I am praying...please keep us updated!

Heather said...

Thanks my friend for posting this for us - you rock!

I will e-mail your blog info to Abe, Dad and Dan so they can see your notes of encouragement here as well!

Much love and hugs to you from Virginia!

It's me Suzette! said...

I am praying...

Rachel said...

How terrible! I will for sure add this family to my prayers...you are so good to put this out here for all us to know and pray =).

Tara Caire said...

im so sorry, I will def be praying.

Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing, I will def be praying for her!

Jess said...

I will definitely keep her in my prayers. Anu uplifting thought... my uncle was in a serious motorcycle accident three months ago and the doctors thought that he would lose both of his legs. With prayer and God's mighty touch he still has both of his legs and is now gaining good movement in them. He will be able to walk again in the next couple months and the doctor's are amazed at his recovery! God has no limits! There is nothing that He cannot do!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I will keep this family in my prayers....please keep us posted!

Lisa

Miss Anne said...

Praying for you and for your friends family.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

how sad! i'll be praying!

Megan said...

I'm praying for this family.

Mojito Maven said...

so sad! they are now on my prayer list!

Rebecca Jo said...

That is horrible news. Definitely will lift her up for some healing!

Faith said...

I prayed for this dear family...

Carolyn said...

Oh goodness i am so sorry and she will be in my prayers for sure.
Keep us posted.

bmommy said...

Truely sorry for your friend...just found your blog and hate to see something like this, but will be glad to lend my support. My thoughts are with you.

ARK said...

We are praying hard for complete healing from our God who can do miracles.

Tater Mama said...

Your friends are in my prayers.

Preppy in the City said...

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Becky said...

My goodness. My family and I will be praying for them. Please keep us posted.

Becky

Amy said...

Wow, so sorry to hear this! Praying for this family!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved