Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Not For A While

We're home! Thank you guys so much for your well-wishes and super sweet comments from the previous posts, ya'll rock! You really do! I can't wait to catch up on all your bid'ness!

BabyBoy is a bit of a mess today. Poor Bugster got probably the least amount of sleep this past week than he has for loooong time. And I was trying to keep him on a one to two hour time difference instead of a three hour time difference, ha! Crazy Mommy!

Plane ride yesterday. So I've said that BabyBoy (BB) normally does a great job on the plane. He did it again! For the most part. And we will get to that part next.

The first flight, he made friends with the passengers and attendants on our way on the plane. We sat down, talked for a bit, read a book, plane started to take off, I was able to get BB to lean back in my lap, we layed his blanket over him, no joke while we were taking off he fell asleep! First of all he normally never falls asleep in that position and secondly he was a tired sweet guy! That flight was about 1 hr 15 min. He slept the entire flight. We all slept through drinks and everything. He slept through the landing, through loud attendants and people (with strategic hand placements for security by Mommy, ha!). The whole flight!

Second flight. We had inside seats. Lady on the outside, not very nice as we sat down. Great. BB fussed a couple times here or there right when we sat down, not bad but still a couple fusses. This woman, mouthed and said under her breath out loud, oh my gosh, with a super mean look on her face. I couldn't believe it! She made me feel like a horrible mother. He's such a good boy, but she made me feel like we had a unbehaved baby. She ended up disobeying the flight attendant and moving to the row behind us. Hmmpphh. Good.

We had the row to ourselves. Until. Another gentlemen asked if he could move up, so he did. Didn't mind being next to the baby. Throughout the flight BB was smiling at people, giving them thumbs up, and waving. He fell asleep for a little over an hour (flight was around 3.5 hrs) in the middle of the flight. Good boy! By the end of the flight the woman was smiling at us and the baby and said that he was such a good boy, even went out of her way to come by us while we were waiting for our baggage to say goodbye to the baby and say he was a good boy. Hmmph. Interesting. We were nice though, we were nice.

Hubs has to travel back in Oct already, BB and I will not be going back with him this time...not for a while, ha! No, his Christmas party is going to be the second week of Dec so his boss is flying all of us out for that :) Oh my goodness, we're going to have to prepare ourselves for another trip! Although we have a great time seeing everybody, phew, it's gets a bit hectic. We were so bummed we missed so many friends while we were out there, playgroups got canceled bc of weather and we spent most of the time with our families. Next time!

I've already emptied two out of three suitcases this morning, a load of dishes, cleaned up a little, made oatmeal I didn't burn it this time ok wait I love cooking but I haven't read the instructions so I hadn't been turning it down to medium after you put the oats in, he and have lots more on the list today, including trying to get BB to sleep as much as possible, which is not happening right now!

Blog ya later today!!!

20 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I bet it is good to be home! Oh, that woman on the plane is making me so mad and I wasn't even there!

ARK said...

Totally understand your feelings about the lady and good girl for being nice! The pressure on Amanda's ears made her cry once during take off and I felt like everyone was upset with us because we got the looks so I said in a very loud voice to hubby,"people who get mad because a baby is crying obviously forget they were babies once too." You wouldn't believe how many people chimed in and agreed and EVERYONE was so sweet to us the rest of the time, told us how good she was etc:) you can borrow the line next time if you want but remember to say it loud! ha ah

Lindsey said...

Glad you made it home safe!=)

Rebecca Jo said...

When my daughter flies with her baby, it aggravates me when she tells me people are so moody about a fussy baby. I've been on plenty of flights where there is a fussy baby - I want to do everything I can to help the mom. Its not like you can tell them to sit & be quite - something's bothering them. Why dont people ease up? Glad to hear you were nice.....I have a big mouth - I probably would have said something! And how weird was that at the end? That calls for a Scooby Doo "HuuuHHH?

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I can totally relate to you about the flight stress! Sounds like it worked out alright, even though you had a mean lady for a little while. We are due to take a flight tomorrow, and I am crossing my fingers that mine will go as well as yours! Glad you're back!
Carrie

Trina said...

Wow, that's great he was such a good boy on both flights! I am afraid to fly with my two LOL Who knows, I guess it would just depend on their mood and time of day.

My home - My life said...

Glad you had a good time and are home safe!

Weeksie50 said...

We are glad to have you back..

Tausha said...

thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I lov making new friends! Look forward to hearing from you again! Have a fantastic day! hate rude people! My husband travels a lot-but I like to think(and he does say) that he is much more accomodating than that the honery, mean lady! you would think that she forgot that she once had children, maybe she didn't-too mean!

Rebecca Taylor said...

We've missed you! Glad you're back home!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Thanks for visiting my blog this am...thought I would come over and say hello!

Your BB is adorable....glad to hear the flights went well...people can be so rude, but it sounds like she must have felt bad about it after the fact!

Have a great week!

PS...those red boots are very cute:)

Sandy Toes said...

It's always nice to come home!
Welcome home!
-Sandy toes

Lianna Knight said...

So glad your back...safe and sound!!

Can't wait to hear more about your visit :) Hope you didn't eat too much out of that candy bowl :)

Miss Anne said...

Welcome home! :)

Jodee Leader said...

Thanks for stopping by today. Your little BB is adorable!

We recently flew with two kids and we encountered some "not so friendly" people who got up and moved too! There is never a dull moment with kids!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I always hate coming home after a trip and having to do laundry. I wish it would just be done at the snap of my fingers.

angie said...

I can't stand it when people are mean about babies on planes. Drives me NUTS. Glad you are home safely!

The Farmer Files said...

Flying with a boy gets more fun. Wait til he discovers he can pee on a plane. ;)

Krysta said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time and made it home safely.

Heather said...

Glad you made it home safely!

I have found that women who are rude like that have yet to have any children of their own. Either that or they are just plain you-know-whats, sorry but it's true ;).


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved