Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mrs. I Can Take You :)

My Hubby is going to be going out of town for four days! Four days! Oh the loneliness!!

Yes, I'm a wuss and I don't like when he's not around! And I totally feel for the military families that have to be apart for long periods of time. I admire them and their service :)

But, my husband has made me into a total softy again! I grew up with a very strong single Mom so I guess some of that had rubbed off :)! When Hubs and I first met I didn't let him open doors for me, I could carry my own books, I could handle it :) ha!

Very shortly thereafter, I melted! He is such a gentlmen and I love it :) I am now a super softy. Although, if I am by myself I can turn back into Mrs. I Can Take You, ha!

If I'm by myself, I walk up to that spider, or disgustingly gross ugly bug, and smoooosh (don't worry we haven't had any of those in our house since the bug guy came :))! If Hubs is around and I see a bug, this is me, get it get it get it!!! (I'm talking to Hubs on the phone right now and he said that I had to add that my voice gets very high like a school girl, especially the longer it takes for him to get it, haaa!).

So, I got me a mag to flip through, In Style. :) I just ordered a few different mag subscriptions last week thanks to your suggestions!! You guys rock! I have been working on the same book for...hahem...months now. I only get through a few pages at night and then I'm so toast! It's a Nixon Kissinger biography which is very interesting but not that page flipper what's going to happen next?! :) And we don't have a DVR! Oh to save money :)

So my question for you ladies is...after the good shows are over, and I get some other things done around the house :), what movies should I rent? I admit that it has been so long since I've seen a chick flick! I used to cry like a baby tear up like crazy and thought that I was the only one! So I haven't seen a lot of the chick flick classics! What do you think girls??

Edited to add: I'm thinkin' maybe I should do comedies! I need to stay happy and upbeat, if I watch a sad movie then it makes me sad for too long! If we watch something sad we almost immediately have to watch something funny (and by "we" I mean yes me) even for a split second or Hubby tries to make me laugh (which isn't hard, I mean he's does or says some cookey and I love to laugh :))!

29 comments:

Sandy Toes said...

My husband has to kill any bug..I am a total scaredy cat!!!You are so sweet to you hubby!
-Sandy Toes

Carrie said...

I know how you feel my husband has been working ten to ten seven days a week it sucks! But I am he has a job to go to! I never get to watch chick flicks either but recently did rent Baby's Mama is was pretty good.

PreppynPink said...

What Happens in Vegas was cute. It's a little old but I love August Rush with Kerri Russel.

Monogrammed Teacher said...

I grew up with a single mom too and as soon as I got married I too turned into a softy!

Faith said...

I am a big baby without my man! Classic chick flicks....Steel Magnolias, Sweet Home Alabama, The Notebook, oh there's so many!

Britni and Justin said...

The Notebook and PS I Love You are my faves! 27 Dresses is really cute, too! I am also scared of all bugs - I make hubby take care of those.

Becky said...

Whew, don't watch The Notebook without your husband there. You will need his sleeve to wipe slober and snot on from the non-stop crying. Ok, tearing up just thinking about it...

Rebecca Taylor said...

I hate it when Pete's away! You've gotten great movie suggestions! I love all of them!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I just watched Pride and Prejudice again last night why the Mr. Guru was playing ball with a friend! I truly love that movie!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I am home by myself right now...have been since Friday. Will be until Sunday. And was all alone (well with the kiddos) for a week the week before last... I am getting used to this single parenting thing...
I have to say though that sometimes I just like this peace and quiet after the kids go to bed!!! i have netflix and love to curl up and watch movies when i am home alone!!!!

Lane said...

Girl I second the not wanting to be my yourself thing!! I am a major scardy-cat! I am sooo behind on blogs it's ridiculous! I read over all of yours that I had missed! I love catching up on your blog!

Your little man is just the cutest! He looks just like you doesn't he? At least he looks like it in pictures!

Love the pumpkin patch pics! I cant' believe they had an alligator...what in the world!?!

Renee said...

Chris rarely travels but when he does it I think it is more lonely now that I have kids than before them. Maybe b/c I am home alone while they are sleeping.

The DVR is totally worth the money IMHO. But we all choose different ways to save.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I am the exact same way! I can totally take care of myself in almost any situation, but why do that when I have my husby! I haven't seen Made of Honor, but I have heard its a good chick flick. If you haven't seen Sex and the City yet, now is a good time to rent it!

Weeksie50 said...

PS. I love you.
Definitely Maybe
Made of Honor

I loved all of these..great movies..

Nancy said...

I'm afraid my recommendations will show how little I watch of recent movies! I love old school--Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally, Pride and Prejudice...

Tater Mama said...

Let's see...Tater Tot is two, so I haven't seen a chick flick in a little over two years. Girl, I am no help to you! I heard really good things about The Waitress, though.

The Farmer Files said...

DVR will change your life, and change the way you spend your time! Go for it! I don't do spiders EVER. My dad got bit by a spider and almost had to have his leg amputated.

Amy said...

ew, yuck! I hate bugs and I swear they know to show up when no one is around!

Well, even though you are going to think I'm crazy...Iron Man was a REALLY good movie. I was shocked I liked it so much! Also, Freedom Writers is worth a watch!!!

Shannon said...

*Made of Honor
*The Wedding Date
*Serendipity <--my all time fav
*What Happens In Vegas
*Bucket List

And..that's all I've got! :)

Suzette said...

That's brave of you to kill your own spiders when you're alone! :) If I'm alone and see a spider, I ban the room off limits until Dust gets back! I'm pathetic like that.. One of my fave classic chic flics is how to lose a guy in 10 days!

LyndsAU said...

That post reminds me of me sooo much! Too cute! As for movies, I would suggest Comedies for sure :) I haven't rented a movie in so long, I don't have any great suggestions!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Some of my favorite chick movies are When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, and You've Got Mail. I just realized those all have Meg Ryan in them, which is funny, I didn't think I had a thing for her...but they are all so cute and charming.
Carrie

angie said...

I want So want this list too. I haven't seen anything in such a long time.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

It sounds like me and you are so much alike...I can be independent when my husband is at trip or at work, but when he isn't I am a totally soft!

Good Movies? What Happens in Vegas, P.S. I Love You - beware this one will make you cry...alot!, Sex and the City, and 13 Going On 30 - that is always one of my favs.

Enjoy your girl time!

Lindsey said...

I def make my husband kill the bugs! And I am such a baby when he is away, I hate it. Great movie suggestions, I haven't seen a romantic comedy in so long!

Liz said...

I loved Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day... that was a great rental. Hope you dont run into any spiders. :)

My home - My life said...

I know this movie isn't new anymore but 27 Dresses was cute! I saw that a few months ago and it is totally a chick flick!

Laurin R. Kelly said...

My baby is away for an entire week. So far he's only been gone three days and I'm wasting away to nothing...j/k but seriously I miss him so I kind of understand the "wuss" part as you put it! Made me laugh by the way!

♥B said...

I am not a bug girl either. If Hubby is near, he is he killer. If not, I grab something big that way there is no chance its getting away or touching me.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved