Sunday, October 5, 2008

It!

I was tagged by Tater Tales for 7 random things about me! Here goes!

1. I love office supplies, I get excited at the thought of buying new ones. Pens, paper, sticky notes, anything really! Whew, it's a rush!

2. I can listen to the same song in the car over and over again. I'll listen to other songs too, but I can keep going back to the same song over and over and over again, well until I really burn it out.

3. Until just recently I washed my hair everyday. Everyday! I know they say that it's better to wash every other day, but I feel like my hair looks dirty 4-6 hours after I wash it! I'm a little more relaxed about it now, 'cause I don't have to go somewhere with people I know everyday, I'm more comfortable now not totally primping myself when I see people I'm close to, I'm just plain tired sometimes, and I have my pink Nike hat.

4. Hubby and I (and BabyBoy) keep kosher. Not orthodox, we do eat cheeseburgers, and we don't have two sets of dishes, but other than that, I've never had shellfish, lobster, shrimp, and pork...on purpose. I was raised a Jewish believer. I never celebrated Christmas until Hubby and I started dating/courting. We celebrated all the Jewish holidays but with Jesus incorporated in them...Jesus' birth during Succot at the beginning of fall, the resurrection (Easter) during Passover, etc. We had a Jewish Christian wedding and loved it! I LOVE all of the tradition and meaning in the holidays and everything!

5. I started working in high school to pay my way through college, and for my car (a silver 2-door F0rd Pr0be, yeah baby!), etc. It was super cool even though you couldn't push the gas pedal when you went around heavy curves...towards the end of it's life...I still said it could have beat my Hubby's H0nda Acc0rd '92 in a race!

6. I can't stand when people eat or chew loud. For some reason it's like I have super sonic hearing and it drives me crazy. I think I could hear mouse eating some stolen cheese in it's mousehole!

7. I was a high school orchestra director, play the violin, contracted for and gigged with a string quartet for weddings, parties, and events, for crazy and some sane brides :) We even performed for a couple engagements, it was really cute, both said yes! It was so fun to see the different style weddings!! If anyone starts a wedding business, we could totally team up :)

oh and we LOVE sushi!!

I tag:
Renee
Simply "Jenn"-sational

I hope I haven't offended you in any of my posts. I feel like I have lost some of my faithful readers...if you don't think I'm cool anymore, I'm totally fine with that, but I promise I didn't do anything on purpose to offend you :)

30 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i love office supplies, too! i could get lost in office depot!

i'm the same way with listening to a song on repeat.

thanks for the new, interesting facts about you!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Number 7 is being modest. You are DA BOMB on the strings and with the high=powered conducting. :-)

And you're not losing readers. overall, i think your traffic is up. Don't sweat it, girly. I love it that you're being you and totally rockin' the blog!

Weeksie50 said...

I love listening to the same song over and over again as well..

I also love love love office supplies.. I thought I was the only one..that got excited about paper clips with designs on them.. or in the shape of feet..

I go to a nondenominational church but I love reading about the jewish customs. It is so neat to see how things tie into the scriptures. Wasn't there a Jewish holiday this past week?

I have people come and go on my blog too.. I think like me.. people get so many people on their blog roll they can't keep track of everyone.. I wouldn't worry about it.. I for one think your fantastic!!

Mojito Maven said...

seriously I wish there was an office depot in my house!!

AND you didn't lose me as a reader :) I still love your blog!

Carrie said...

I love office supply too they are great! You have offended me in anyway I love reading your blog.

Jenn said...

I'm all about wanting to start a wedding business. Let's go! Except for the fact that we would work every weekend and that would stink!!

You're so funny - thanks for sharing your randomness! (o:

Masker # 7 said...

No WAY have you ever offended me--I LOVE reading all your zany comments about life and I cherish when you share your heart! You are precious (so, how can you tell if you've 'lost' readers?)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I can listen to the same song over and over too!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I think it makes you "cooler" that you have some weird stuff - we all do! And girl....I'm with you about listening to people eat. My hubby is HORRIBLE with eating ice cream on a stick....slurpy sounds...GROSS

Lianna Knight said...

I'm back from my trip and trying to catch up on ALL my blogging friends!! I don't think I've ever gone this long without checking emails or being on the computer...I'm so addicted!!!

Loved learning more things about you...I HATE it when people chew with their mouth open too...just gross :(

Renee said...

I just re-read #4. Do you still celebrate the Jewish holidays? Why don't you explain the Jewish holidays (as they occur through out the year) and how they relate to Christ. I would love reading about that from you. I know I can find the info other places but I would enjoy hearing it from you.

On your anniversary you could share the details of your wedding.

Rebecca Taylor said...

I love your list! I think it's so cool that you celebrate Jewish and Christian traditions. I think you should blog more about it!!!

I love your blog...I stalk it actually...hehehe. :)

Sandy Toes said...

What fun details about you! I love sushi too...california rolls are my favorite!
Love any office supply...I am a stick pad..favorite pen...all colors paper clip "lover"!
-Sandy Toes

Kristen said...

How fun to learn new things about you. I'm the same way with people and chewing...esp. one particular person I work with! :) And office supplies...right there with you on that one too!

Nancy said...

You are so funny, I love reading your blog!

And I am somewhat surprised how many people love office supplies...my sister, too. Can't say they do anything for me. Maybe that's something organized people like??

I also eat kosher, for the most part, at least. That was after reading The Maker's Diet. What a neat thing to know about you!

And, finally, we still have my hubby's 1993 2 door silver Ford Probe!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Great 7 Things!!

I also could spend hours at St#ples or Off#ce Max....which is really dangerous when you have a corporate card in your pocket!

You are too funny...super sonic hearing!!

Have a great week!

Lisa

angie said...

I'm so glad you stopped by. This post was such a great way to get to know you.....I listen to the same song over and over, too. I love going out to sushi.....for the taste as much as the ambiance and I've always worked for everything I wanted like school and a car as well......well, until I got married and started having kids. Now I just work hard at staying sane. Totally just kidding. :)

HisTreasuredPossession said...

Hey! Not gone, still reading faithfully...just super busy! Love you girl! Keep it coming - it's great to connect!

Shannon said...

These are so fun to read!! I don't think I can go to Sam's without buying pens or markers! :)

My home - My life said...

I love office supplies too! And sushi - mmm!!!

Heather said...

You are two funny girl - your readership goes down a little bit (to something like 10 comments which is still pretty darn good in my book btw) and you get all worried!

Might I remind you that you did post on a Saturday, which means that it is the weekend, which also means that most of us are a little preoccupied with the family. You gotta give us a day or two to catch up before you start worrying chica!

Colleen said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog "The Nuthouse". Your blog is adorable I will stop by more often...I know I am commenting here on the wrong post but I do own a sewing machine it's a Viking. I love it and I love to sew. You can see some of the things I have made on my blog and by going to my sidebar and clicking on "The Nutty Chic Boutique". ; ) stop by again I love new visitors.

Brittany said...

Hey, glad you found me! Isn't Shannon at Bless our Nest great?!? She has great ideas and great decorating tips!

Carolyn said...

My best friend Brittney LOVES office supplies too, so funny!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

These are neat!!! I like reading these to learn more about fellow bloggers!!!

I totally love office supplies too!!!

HopingandWaiting said...

I didn't know you used to be a high school orchestra teacher! That is so cool! I liked learning that about you! I teach elementary music and high school choir and band...I'm in my 8th year! How long did you teach? Until you had your baby? I don't know what state you live in, but there are not very many high school orchestra programs in Arkansas....mainly up in the Northwest corner.

Thanks for the comments on my blog!

Rachel said...

I had a Probe too!! Mine was a 95 and candy apple red =)!!

Britni and Justin said...

I had a Ford Probe, too!!!

Tater Mama said...

Hey, girl! I'm so glad to participated in the little Meme! I LURVE office supplies, too. When I was teaching, our school had a supply closet that was open to teachers one morning a week. We just went in and got what we needed. I always made sure I got there early, you know, to beat the crowd! I still love to go to Office Depot, which is about 3 minutes from our house! Weeeeee!

I also listen to the same song over and over in the fashion you described. When a song is good, it's good! I'm going to be talking about some new PRAISE music in a few days. I've been listening to these CDs for about 3 weeks and can't get enough.

The more I read your blog, the better I think it gets. No way are you going to lose readers, girl!

Happy Tuesday!

Christian Wedding Invitations said...

Really a nice post to read. It has quite good content regarding its topic. Don't forget to visit to see a very good collection of Christian Wedding Invitations and Scroll Wedding Invitations.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved