Saturday, October 11, 2008

I So Need To...(and THE Challenge)

Do this!
Because of this!
Exercise that is! Do you see how incredibly thrilled BabyBoy looks in that pic! Just so you know, he really does love strolling. Ok, maybe strolling isn't his love, but he LOVES to be outside! He asks to go outside pretty much all day most days. If one of us walks anywhere near a door, he starts signing outside, outside, outside, until you acknowledge his signing, say do you want to go outside and he just starts laughing like a crazy hyena.

This dorky picture of me was taken a few weeks ago after we got the snazy jogging stroller! It totally rocks, in case anyone is in the market for one, or will ever be in the market for one. It's one smooth ride baby. (07 model so...cheaper!) Hollie does this count for the challenge?

We haven't had ice cream in the freezer for a while, which means, one night, relaxing, watching tv, big spark, we need some ice cream. So we had the bright idea to save the $4 per blizzard or scooped cup and buy some at the store, equaling leftovers.

I'm hooked. Totally. I without shame admit it was my dinner last night. And it was sooo good! And Hubby, an ice cream sandwich. I can't remember the last time we did this! We did have a friend in from out of town so I didn't get to make a big dinner :) Did you like that excuse? Don't worry BabyBoy had his veggies...no ice cream. We waited to break out the goods till he was fast asleep. I did make avocado (sushi) rolls again today, late afternoon, but I am not one to miss a meal!

If that didn't count for Hollie's "Me, Right Now" Challenge, then this does :)

Here's me and BabyBoy chillin', having some sweet potato for dinner (part of his dinner), that's the lovely orange substance in my digits. See the shiny face? That's no make-up left, well really not much started today. I dabbed on some powder before our friend arrived and threw on some shiny chapsticky rolly stuff. But that is long gone by this pic.

Anyone else's husband ask or tell you you don't need to wear make-up? Oh sweet innocent Hubby, I just laugh in his sweet face and say, ha, there's a reason make-up was made, I can't be the only one out there looking like...myself! (I know God made me and loves me and I totally feel that) Since it's been so warm here, I haven't been wearing a lot of make-up...but gotta have me some cover up, a little shimmery shadow for the eyes, can't live without my powder, and something shiny special for the lips.

Here's Hubby and BabyBoy reading before bedtime, well posing first, then reading. They're super cute those two! Love me my boys! Please say a little prayer for Hubby, he came down with the sniffly nose, sore throat, little tiredness last night (he wouldn't admit it though! I'm fine, I'm not tired...I'm a little tired :)).

We're going to a pumpkin patch today! They're calling for 50 mph winds so pray we all don't blow away under some bails of hay! Last week was rain where the patch was, so we're going this week 'cause the State Fair is next weekend and Hubby has to travel after that! He's all signed up for flag football at our potential new church. First game, Sunday night! Have a great Saturday!

Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY!!! By Sunday night...or really early on Mon morning before I wake up :)! It's little and just for fun, but your nails will appreciate it!!

18 comments:

Nicole said...

Ha, I too have had those nights where ice cream is our lovely dinner! Those are the best ones :)

By the way, you and baby boy are super cute! So precious!

Carrie said...

Cute pictures! You have a great family!

Hollie said...

Yes girl it counts! And I love you in the color yellow (pic on the couch)!

Now you've got me craving ice cream.

Kristen said...

I'm so impressed with anyone who runs and thinks it's fun or enjoyable...I'm a tad envious, oh, to enjoy it!
The stroller is awesome! I'm sure it's a great inverstment if the little man love to be outside too.
Have a great weekend...hope the hubs feels better soon!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

You guys are so cute!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a cute picture or you and baby boy!!

Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Lisa

Tracy said...

Fun pictures. You can really pull off the no make-up look. Lucky you!

Can't say I have had ice cream for dinner...because it is not a fav for me. I know...gasp!

But I have been known to think of chips and salsa (or dip) as dinner.

pinkpolkadotaa said...

Is that a BOB stroller? Isn't it the best jogger!!!

Faith said...

Y'all are so cute! I'm not a big ice cream fan (I know!) but I did enjoy a cherry vanilla/dr. pepper ice cream float last night, and it was yum! Hope y'all had fun at the pumpkin patch!

P.S. Thanks for your encouragement and your prayers!

Shannon said...

Cute pictures and that ice cream looked WAY too good!

Rebecca Jo said...

You really dont need make up - you are a natural beauty! And it looks like ice cream aint hurting you one bit!!!!

Hope hubby isnt going to get completely sick! Men are so whiney when their sick - hehe!

Tater Mama said...

First, your little boy is soooo cute!

Now, I keep hearing about that ice cream you showed! It must be good, so I've got to start looking for it. I'm not a huge fan of ice cream, but I do love all things peanut buttery!

And finally, you are a skinny-minny, sistuh! I wouldn't worry too much about the exercise thing other than doing it just because it makes you feel good.

Oh, one more thing. Your little one's fascination with OUTSIDE? Well, it's just going to get more intense!! Tater Tot started out just like your little man, and now he is all about being outdoors. We have to make sure all the doors are locked because he can almost open them himself! Yikes!

Beloved said...

The Lord shined a light on your wedding gown that I've never seen before or since. There is something truely remarkable he has planned for you. Rest sweet friend- you are His beloved

Mandy Rose said...

I just found your blog from Nina's. Love your cute little family! We have a baby boy as well and I really can relate to many of your posts! Nice to find you!

Rachel said...

Yall are such a sweet family!!! Love the pictures!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love ice cream! I do not allow myself to buy it very often. If I do it does not last long!
My dad and I used to eat ice cream almost every night before bed back in high school. This was when we were both running like crazy. Now, when I go home to visit they eat jello for dessert. Ew, gross! But this would be the reason my father is a skinny mini!

Lindsey said...

WOW I am so impressed you MADE sushi!!! Is it hard to do?! It's probably cheaper thank going out for it, I need to learn!

Mandy Rose said...

OMG I live for ice cream after dinner! I usually get the Ben & Jerry's Choc. Chip Cookie Dough...which goes straight to my butt! haha! I can so relate!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved