Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Bid, I Won, I'm Preparing!

Bid on what?? Won what? Preparing for what??

My sewing machine! Thank you to those who weighed in! I found the the one cheapest on ebay...brand new. All the bids were buy it n0w. Except one...cha ching! It was buy it n0w or best offer. Oh yeah. You know what that means. Bid low! Buy low!

Side note: last time I totally low balled someone I got locked out of making any more bids because I didn't know you could only make three best offers! I was sooo mad! But...still got it and for even cheaper, ha! So there!

So this time, I decided that I at least wanted a shot at getting it so I low balled but not as low as I normally go.

Another side note: my family and friends laugh that I stores pay me to take products I normally get such good deals, use tons of coupons, and talk to whoever I need to talk to, to get the lowest price. I can kill it at a car dealership! You just let me know if you need a new or used car!

With that said, I always feel I have to get the best deal. Have to. Or else. Or else I have to keep trying. I'm neurotic. I drive myself crazy. I'll go into a store 5 times before I buy something, a lot! It's terrible. I would save money on gas and get some of my life back if I would just buy it...the second time!

But...I won! I got a good deal, but feel I didn't get the best deal! And it drives me insane. Insane! You know, you get something then a better deal comes along. Hubby and his sweet self said you can't get every deal, you have gotten so many deals that the people who got that one didn't get. Ahh thanks Hubs, that really makes me feel better! I love justification!

I got this fabric last night! Good deal! Guess what's it going to be?? An apron! An apron you say? Why, do tell. I love aprons. I don't normally wear them, but I want to! :) The next time you see this fabric, it will be a rockin' super cute apron!

Now I need your help! Which apron?

#1 Plain square cut on the happy blond in the middle?
#2 Green skirty one in lower right? (I was thinking it's a little more vintage, more flowy)

#3 Rounded cut on Ms. Brunette?
#4 Rounded cut with the ruffle? All of them have two pockets! Gotta have 'em!

My sewing machine left NJ last night! I can't wait to get it! What do you want me to make you, you just let me know!

My Mom used to say don't buy that I can make it...she was going to make a ginormous ape to sit at the piano...we still don't have the clothing and the piano still sits apeless. Mom! She's a GREAT seamstress just a busy woman :) It is an ongoing joke to this day. We see something, she says, I can make it, and we all laugh, hard!

But there will be smoke coming from my sewing machine! Not because it's broken people, don't wish that on me!

So which one? 1, 2, 3, 4, or none of the above you crazy woman! Or if you have a cuter pattern, tell me about it! There were a couple half aprons that were cute too. I was kind of thinking something more vintage with the skirt...whatcha think?

Oh my gosh I forgot a hilarious old woman mocking me story from last night, this post is soo long already, I'll have to tell you next time :)

19 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

I like the green flowy one. I love a good apron. The more feminine, the better. And half aprons are useless. I'm always getting stuff on my shirt, I need it covered.

Your blog changes just a little bit every time I see it. you're such a bloggy genius.

Joelle said...

i love that fabric! and i love to sew! congrats on your new machine, you will love it! I was planning on doing some cute aprons for gifts this year- but I never use a pattern. but if you like the one you use, let me know!

It's me Suzette! said...

I'm going to go with #2, I think the fabric you chose will look great like that.. I am soo wanting to learn to sew! My mom is the exact same way as yours... Can make anything, but way too busy to do it! :)

Mojito Maven said...

i like #2 and that fabric is great! congrats on your ebay win :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I like apron #2 but I think that with your fabric, they would all be so cute. Did your mom teach you to sew? I am so jealous. I would love to learn. It would be so much easier! :)
Carrie

Lindsey said...

#2 fabric! Love it!

audreyo said...

Now that your sewing machine is on its way:

www.soulemama.com

A blog by a REALLY crafty, creative Maine woman with three young kids, and one more due soon!

She puts some patterns for sewing and knitting on her site, too. I wish I could tackle all that she does. :-p

Megan said...

I am going with number 2!! I haven't ever used ebay..I wouldn't even know how to begin with that..but congrats on your sewing machine!!!

Jenn said...

I admire your sewing aspirations. I could never really get into it.

I prefer option #2, though I also like the idea of ruffles - but only if the ruffles were a different fabric. I think that's a fun idea. (o: AND FYI, I think your fabric choice is So lovely. I have a thing for yellow.

Have fun making your apron and congrats on your awesome deal with the sewing machine. Getting a good bargain can feel like winning the lottery!

Miss Anne said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like winning a bid on ebay is comparable to a lottery win! I get a little giddy, and just sit with anticipation for the item to arrive!

:) Congrats on your new machine!

LOVE aprons! can't wait to see your finished product!

Carrie said...

I love aprons too they are great! The fabric will make the cutest apron ever I can't wait to see which one I cant decided which one I like but maybe 2!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I would go with #2 - I am loving that fabric. It will be perfect for an apron.

I love to get deals...although I think I could learn a few pointers from you. I just recently started playing the Walgreens and CVS programs and it is so much fun to get a ton of stuff for almost nothing!

My home - My life said...

Love Love Love your new background and banner!!! So pretty!!!!

The Farmer Files said...

ruffle....because when else are you gonna be ruffly?

Carolyn said...

I LOVE the fabric and I love wearing aprons! I actually have a collection of vintage, hand made and even a faux fur one from my sister!

And I'm also learning to sew, so whichever one you make you HAVE to post pictures of it!

I personally think you should do pattern #2 and...get this...put some white eyelit lace on the trim somewhere. DARLING!!

Rebecca Taylor said...

I love that fabric! An apron is a great idea and whatever pattern you choose will be beautiful with the fabric!

Britni and Justin said...

I vote for # 3, but it appears that I am the only one, so I will go with #2 (to fit in)

ARK said...

Love your new blog heading and background! So wish I could sew, but after several tries at it.....I have discovered it is a true talent you have to be born with! Thank God for your many talents girlfriend and make sure you post the final products, I want to see it all so I can sit back and admire from afar!

Tater Mama said...

I am so impressed that you can sew, and I'm just a smidge jealous!

Several years ago while off for the summer, I took a sewing class. Yep, I bought the machine and the whole nine yards (pardon the pun) and to this day I still can't thread the stinkin' needle! For my "project" I made a pillow...and I use the term "made" loosely. And to think that I went in believing I'd come out knowing how to make window treatments.

I think I inherited my sewing non-talent from my mother. She had to take home-ec in high school back in the 50s, and when they were learning to make a circular skirt, she basted the thing to her own skirt. Can you imagine how hysterical it must have been when she got up at the end of class only to find that she was "sewn into" it? Hahaha--snort, snort!

Oh, mercy. Have fun with the sewing. I'll be admiring whatever pictures you post of what you've sewn.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved