Saturday, October 4, 2008

Help!

Edited to add: Please send help! I know you have some great recipes and suggestions! Don't leave me hanging this is so important to me!

Ok, so we are going to be with my family here in AZ for Thanksgiving this year! Very excited, it's been a very long time since we've gotten to celebrate any holidays together!

Here is my plea...I have been tasked with making dessert! It's my Aunt's B-day so that means, her favorite meal, so this year we will be eating lasagna, garlic bread, and salad for dinner. And her favorite dessert is Pumpkin Pie and Blueberry Pie. That means...I'm making both! And for a family who knows what they like. They no likey they no eaty.

I told Hubs, you know this means you'll be having a lot of pie coming up! I'm a bit of a perfectionist, ahh! I want to make it perfect so I'm going to have to practice! I love to cook and bake, but I haven't made pies for a long time and for a bunch of people too!

Do you have an awesome recipe for either pie? She says she likes the custard pumpkin pies?? And I'm thinking about making a boston creme pie/cake too...

AND

I have been soo putting off heavy cleaning! I can declutter like nobody's business! I am a decluttering fiend. I really get a little rush when I can get a room looking clean and crisp in a quick whip amount of time!

How often do you "deep" clean? I mean scrub each room. Scrub, blah! I have to buy a mop, yuck! Do you clean while singing at the top your lungs to make it fun? Do you clean in a little maids outfit? I need some cleaning inspiration friends!

AND

I have been itching, just itching, to get back into sewing! Ok, did that sound old-fashioned or what? I think sewing is swell...ok that's enough.

I want to make aprons, and clothes, bags, and baby items! So, I've done some research and have found the Br0ther CS-6oo0i is a good, not toooo expensive, easy machine to use. I also found a couple buy it n0w or best 0ffer on eb@y that I wouldn't have to pay tax on.

Do you sew? Do you have a machine you like? I can't wait any longer, I need to sew!

It's gorgeous outside, so we're going to go for a walk, and we might just end up at St@rbucks for a pumpkin spice latte :) Happy Saturday!!

Edited to add: I got some color and font size inspiration from PLD and GLHW! :)

10 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Good luck making those pies! take pictures of the pies and let us know how they turn out!!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

sounds like somebody needs a Scooba to do her scrubbing for her!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i wish i had a great recipe to share. i'm sorry. last year was my first year making anything on my own and i just made the sweet potato casserole and the broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole. both were amazing. i'll be trying pies for the first time this year, too.

please let us know the recipes you try and post pictures!

Carrie said...

Sorry I have never made a pie I would love to learn how! But about the sewing machine I have Singer Simple its for beginners very easy to use. But I think Brother is a good brand also.

The Farmer Files said...

I so don't do homemade anymore for desserts. Ingredients are so expensive in Hawaii I just B.U.Y. There are too many fab desserts here.

I am scrubbing, deep cleaning, 1x a week for our open houses. BOO.

I really want to fulfill one of my New Year's resolutions, TO SEW.

audreyo said...

allrecipes.com is AWESOME. Recipes rated, so you can skip the so-so ones and go for 4.5 and 5 star recipes right off the bat. Also, you get nutritional breakdowns and can alter recipe to serve more or less people. I hardly use my cookbooks anymore in favor of this place. :)

Rebecca Taylor said...

I wish I had recipes for you! Let us know if you find a good one!

I SCRUB clean about once every two weeks, but I do a lot of spot cleaning on the off weeks...I scrub the toilets every week. I might vacuum every week (if I'm feeling productive), but I only dust, vacuum, mop, and scrub every two weeks! UGH!

I'm still praying about the pregnancy possibility!

Faith said...

About the sewing machine, I would get something computerized (like the one you showed)...they make sewing so much easier and make you look like a better sewer than you are! The speed control is great, and if you can get one with automatic scissors (thread trimmer) even better! If you have a Brother dealer, check there, often times dealers will give you free mastery lessons on how to use the machine. Sooo worth it, so you aren't stuck with a machine you don't know how to use. Babylock is also a great brand and very user friendly. Let me know if you have any other questions...I sold sewing machines for three years =)

Weeksie50 said...

This place has some great recipes. If you wanna try a different variety of pumpkin pie... like a Pumpkin Toffee Cheese Cake.. Yum.

http://www.verybestbaking.com

preppy little dress said...

glad i could give you some inspiration! your blog looks great, hope you had a nice walk to Satrbucks!!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved