Saturday, October 25, 2008

Food!!! Tradition! And a Sweet Welcome Home!

I survived!!! Thank you so much for all of your well wishes and movie suggestions, I didn't end up getting to the video store this time!!! Don't worry I'll still get 'em! :)

Before the Hubs goes on a business trip, I love to make him favorite treats that he can take for snacks on the plane or for late nights! I also try to make him a big dinner and a big breakfast in the morning before he goes!

Snacks!
He loves these Apple Muffins! Made with whole wheat flour and honey for the sweetner :)

Chocolate chip cookies! Yum!

Appetizer!
So this time I made, what else, sushi for an appetizer! I made tuna rolls this time too! Yummy!!! A lot of you have asked so here is your sushi roll tutorial!!!

Dinner!
The store was out of salmon (on sale :)), out of it!! So I got a stuffed salmon, the price wasn't too bad, and it looked yummy! And I made sweet potato fries. I just cut 'em, threw 'em on a sprayed cookie sheet, tossed 'em in one tablespoon of olive oil, salted 'em, and let 'em cook!! 450 degrees! It was great and they weren't deeply fried but had the little crunch on the outside and soft on the inside (well even moreso if I wouldn't have left them in so long :)...oops :))


Gotta have the sushi with wasabi, soy sauce, and chopsticks!!


Breakfast!
For breakfast fresh pressed coffee, ok it was decaf but it was really yummy :), Godiv@ decaf, soooo yummy! My Mom got some clearanced, gave us some, delicious!


And whole wheat blueberry pancakes, thick sliced whole wheat bread french toast, turkey sausage (last week was turkey bacon), diced potatoes (in the oven! I'm so pumped about doing them in the oven, so much less fuss, and less fat!), and an over easy egg!

Hubby is back now!!! Here are Sweet Crazy Guy and Daddy reunited! SCG was soooo excited to see him! I kept him up late so Hubs could see him when he got home :) There were laughs like crazy, lots of smiles, and some sweet cuddles!


Here's a short video of our super excited goofy 16 mo old for Daddy to be home and another new word - "gorgeous"!!



Happy Weekend!!! Hope you're having a good one! We're watching our friends little guy tonight, church tomorrow, flag football game tomorrow night :) I look forward to hearing what you've been up to! :)

30 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Your such a great wife!!

Lindsey said...

I agree with Mrs. Guru! You are a great wife! That food looks so yummy! And those pictures of your sweet boy are precious!!!

Sandy Toes said...

You really are a great wife...how nice!!!Convicting to me!!!
-Sandy Toes

Weeksie50 said...

lol- Wow look at all that yummy food you cooked..

I loved the video. Your little guy is to cute..

PreppynPink said...

OMG what a cute family! Great pictures and video, thank you for sharing :)

Monogrammed Teacher said...

Love the video!! He is SO CUTE!

ARK said...

THose daddy and baby pics are awesome, you should blow them up and put them in a frame for Father's day!

Rebecca Taylor said...

Seriously...you ARE a great wife! My poor husband just gets a hug and a kiss!! :)

The video and pictures are SO cute!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

WOW!! That was some major cooking!!

You guys are so sweet....and you can just see the love!

Faith said...

Girlfriend, that is some good lookin' food! You are such a good wife. I'm glad he's home safe and sound.

Ooh, I must find some Godiva decaf. That would be perfect!

Nicole said...

Your pics made me hungry :) Yumm!

And your little guy is ADORABLE! I love his "dancing" Oh sooo precious! I bet your hubby was so glad to be home.

Renee said...

Great photos and video. The food looks great also. You are a wonderful wife.

Britni and Justin said...

Wow! That food looks yummy and the video is just adorable!

Mom To Six said...

Wow! You're definitely a keeper. :) I love your little man, too. Soooo cute!

Tater Mama said...

Love the little guy learning a new word! Those are sweet times!

Mandy Rose said...

Oh...this video is sooo sweet!!! I love your lil guy! He's a doll! When was his bday? My son is 15 months, born on 7.22.07. They must be soo close in age! I am so impressed with the 'gorgeous' word! I can't get P man to say much besides mama, dada, and ball. This post made my day!

MiMi said...

WOW you have been busy! All the food looks delicious and the video of the little guy is just precious!

Amy said...

Wow, hope he knows how spoiled he is! :-) Glad your honey is home!

♥B said...

Aren't you just the sweetest wife!

Suzette said...

Yummm.. All of that food looks so yummy.. I love making turkey sausage! I don't feel so guilty eating it and it has great flavor!

Mike, Meg and Joseph said...

Your blogging is just incredible! I mean, seriously! I am so impressed! Keep up the great writing and life-sharing! And, yes, we must have some of those sweet potato fries soon. And, so sad I could not pal around on Friday evening! We NEED to plan some gal time! Great to see you today!

Rebecca Jo said...

HOLY COW!!! I've been married 13 years & I dont think I've cooked that much :-) That all looks so yummy!

And the picture where your baby has his head laying on hubby's chest....that is a precious picture!

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

Wow - what a fabulous little wifey you are! That is so neat.

Shannon said...

What a spread of food! yummy!

He was so cute saying gorgeous! So smart. :)

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Sweet!!!!! All of that looks yummy too!!!

Carolyn said...

Wow, you're awesome!! Everything looks so great, he must have loved it all!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I bet your husby was so excited to come home to all that food! Your video was so cute! What a cute little family!

The Pink Owl said...

That sushi looks AMAZING!!! Good job!

Preppy in the City said...

Wow! You are too good! What a cute video...I love it!

ARK said...

Amanda loves this video of her little man! I love you says Amanda.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved