Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall Decor NCF Style

Are we too late? We just got some fall decorations up a couple weeks ago and there's Christmas stuff out already! It's really our first year for decorating for fall. I guess when we lived on the east coast we felt like we could just look out the window and see changing leaves and colors of fall...but now that we're out west, we need a little inspiration. And let me tell you, you guys are such an inspiration!

Now don't think we're totally lame. Since this is our first fall decor year we do not have the storage bins full of crazy cool decorations yet. These were we need something to decorate with, fast, and cheap. So...Walmrt it was. Don't judge, they were cheap and they work for now.

A mum, a pumpkin, a gourd, a leaf, and some berries. What a fally combo.

Look at those three little pumpkins! Now I could, and maybe I will, take some cream spray paint to those pumpkins and be all stylish...maybe.

This is my favorite. I love the bouquet and there are two leafy sprigs with a pumpkin or gourd and some berries ($1.49). And I've mentioned before that we love candles, so there are some cute tealights. Ooh I need to get pumpkin scented (I almost said flavored, nope that's not right!) ones, I think someone else mentioned that!

This is the table in the foyer! Just a few shimmery pumpkiny leafy gourdy additions to the table.

This is the guest bathroom! (I cleaned it today, scrubbed that sucker down, so picture it sparkling without water spots! I said do it! JK, sorry I can get a little controlling sometimes :))

Ok, get your sniffer ready! See the pinecones in the basket with the berries on it (came from Bath and B0dy W0rks as a gift basket...I used to work there :))! Now close your eyes, wait after you read this next part! Think cinnamon, think lots of cinnamon, and think some sort of spicy spice that goes with cinnamon (any thoughts on what that spice is?)! Now close your eyes and sniff! Oh man, it smells sooo good! You can almost smell it from down the hall!

Then I got a set of berry ringy thingys to go around those votive candles (the candles are so old and got melted outside but I haven't gotten anything new yet, I've been kind of a homebody this week :)

Umm, that's all for now! But it's a start! Maybe when holiday decorations come around I'll have more to show you! When do you put your holiday decorations up...the day after Thanksgiving?

Edited to add: Thanks for letting me vent yesterday, you won't hear anything about it again! And there are still some unclaimed awards below, so check it out!

32 comments:

NewlywedCentral said...

Love, love, love, love it -- We haven't been in our house long enough (or married long enough) for me to have gotten all the goodies to do this... Guess I'll visit your blog just to breath in all the fall :)

Megan said...

I think it looks great! I don't have any fall decorations at all. So sad! Hopefully by next year I will! Growing up we always put our Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving - I will have to wait and see what Luke and I do.

Jenn said...

I love all the touches you put around the house. That bouquet with sunflowers in it was like unlocking the key to my heart. I LOVE sunflowers. I'm glad you shared with us - very lovely!!

Rebecca Taylor said...

Your house looks beautiful! I haven't decorated for Fall...just at my Mom and Dad's house! We always decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. Mom and I said we'd do one day at her house and the next at mine since Pete and Dad aren't very interested. :)

My home - My life said...

Everything looks so nice. I did the same post today and like you, don't have much stuff and the stuff I do have is somewhat "cheap" bit it still all looks so nice. I like to buy stuff after the season is over because then it is on sale and I can use it the following year! Isn't Walmart great? (most of the time!)

Lauren said...

I love all the little details...I too love the smell of all the fall scents--it's like a perfect transition into the holiday season. Plus, getting fall decorations on sale is certainly the best way to get them! Have a great weekend.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It's never too late!

Looks Great!

Lisa

Renee said...

Looks great! I planted winter pansies this week and we have two small pumpkins by the door but no indoor decorations. We have a great pumpkin spiced candle.

We decorate for Christmas over Thanksgiving weekend.

Heather said...

Very cute! Okay, I'm bad with the acronyms and a little sleep deprived at the moment, so the old brain ain't working so well - what the heck does NCF style stand for?

Heather said...

Dang it, I think I just figured it out, is it Naturally Caffeinated Fall?

Hey I said I was bad with the acronyms folks and sleep deprived so no judging my lack of noting the obvious!

Carrie said...

I think it looks great don't worry after 15 years of marriage you will have more than you can use. Love the keys by the way. I hope you have a great weekend.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love your decorations. I think they are great because you can keep them up for November too...not too Halloween-y. I like to do that too, with just a few little exceptions. :) I love it!
Carrie

Lauren said...

Ah! Love that sunflower arrangement! Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Tater Mama said...

It's looking great! I've got the outside looking fall-ish, but not too much on the inside. Hmmm....I better get going on that! I'm inspired now!

Boo Mama is doing a Holiday Open House, so you'll have to participate in that. I'm looking forward to it.

I've got something on my blog for you, friend! :)

Lindsey said...

Wow! It looks so fabulous! Great job decorating!!

Miss Anne said...

LOVE the dec's! :)

The keys are awesome!

The bathroom is to die for! :) Love the "richness" of it!

Have a great weekend!

Nicole said...

So pretty! I love Fall and you did a great job decorating. I'm impressed that you even decorated the bathrooms!

Krysta said...

Everything looks so good. Great job! Yep, Christmas goes up on the day after Thanksgiving in our house, although it almost always turns into the whole weekend because I have to get everything just right you know.

LyndsAU said...

Sooo cute! I am not a huge fall decorator but I love mums and pumpkins just placed randomly! This is sooo cute!

Tracy said...

I was a a friend's house yesterday and she had her fall decorations out. I have never decorated for fall. I put a wreath on the door and that is about it. But now between the two of you, I may have to start it next year. Hubby would kill me to do it now :-)

I do Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving because I want to enjoy them as long as I can.

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, I love your decorations.
I don't put my Christmas Decorations up until Thanksgiving weekend..

Rebecca Jo said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Fall decorating is the best!

Britni and Justin said...

Everything looks great! I will probably decorate right after Thanksgiving. My mom LOVES Christmas and she starts decorating very early in order to be finished in time to enjoy it. When I was at home, we would have 8 full size Christmas trees up!!! She is serious about some decorating! When I say early, I mean around halloween!!!

It's me Suzette! said...

Love the fall decor! I have no clue wher my box of fall decor is. I am so anxious to decorate for Christmas!!! But I wish Fall/Thanksgiving would last a little longer! very cute!

Faith said...

I really like the bouquet on the bar...I've had my eye on something like that, but haven't splurged on it yet. I just put out some fall decorations last weekend...not much, but a few things.

I have been trying to catch up while my internet is working. I am so excited for you and your new sewing machine!!! I can't wait to see the apron you create!

les_mason_curt said...

love the decorations.  thanks for the inspiration!

Lianna Knight said...

I think you did an EXCELLENT job!! I wish I could smell the cinnamon pine cones---I have stuffed up nose :( Just your typical cold!!

I put my Christmas decorations up the week of Thanksgiving...preferably the Friday after Thanksgiving...can't wait!

ARK said...

Love the decorations! You are so on the ball!! I don't know if you have Michael's but they have cute white or orange pumpkins to paint. We bought fingerpaint to paint Amanda's hands and make a handprint pumpkin with handprints all around the pumpkin. This way we can take it out year after year to decorate and remember those sweet tiny hands:) You might want to try this with little man:) (not my idea got it last week from the mops convention) BTW-have you found a group yet? I met some ladies from your state and they seemed so sweet! It would great for you to get involved and then next year come to convention in Nashville so you can see us!

Mrs. B said...

Your fall decorations are very cute! I've only gotten really into fall decorating over the last couple of years, before that I only did the porches. I usually put my Christmas stuff out as soon after Thanksgivign as I can, but not the day after because we're usually out of town then. And your orange pumpkins are cute, you don't have to paint them white!

Piker Family said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! I love all your fall decorations. Fall is such a beautiful time of year! I will add you on my blog list because I would love to know more about your naturally caffeinated family. :)

Kelli said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!! I love all of your fall decorations and have had so much fun reading your blog. I look forward to reading more!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I love that you have decorated throughout your house. We usually just decorate the front porch and the living room. All of your fall touches are beautiful!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved