Thursday, October 9, 2008

Am I Wrong? and Awards!

I have to write this because I'm feeling a little down. I know others have wrote similar, but this is from me.

It makes me feel bad and unliked, though I am soo trying not to take things personally anymore. I'm getting better at being more confident...I didn't have a Dad around telling me I was gorgeous and worth everything in the world growing up so I'd like to think I can blame some of it on that.

I've always felt like I can be friends with anybody, though I'm so sorry that I have been judgemental at times. I've also been judged and it...stinks.

I'm really not trying to compete with anybody (well except myself).

I'm just trying to blog about our life, our memories, and love sharing it with friends known and new friends never met, so nothing else should matter.

I try not to worry about comments but you know we all like 'em. You know you get a little excited, when you see a new e-mail, and when it's from Home Dep0t Garden Center, that big grin deflates.

I comment because I am truly interested. I love meeting new blogging friends; learning from, laughing with, being cooky with, sharing ups and downs with, getting great decorating or fashion ideas from, and definitely praying for and with.

But when someone, let's say, asks who wants a drink, then gives one to everyone who showed interest except for you, how would that make you feel? As another blog friend put it, I really don't mind so much but I would love to know the reason why. If you just think I'm not cool enough, then no problem. It almost seems blantant, but I could just be paranoid, it's not like that's never happened before. :) Hubby always says there was probably a good reason, but my mind always goes to the bad.

I totally understand that peeps aren't interested in every post written, don't get me wrong. Or that someone you've commented on doesn't recipricate. Everybody has different interests and/or lots of people to keep up with.

But I am truly thankful for ya'll who are so sweet and keep up with our crazy cooky family and who aren't judgemental. I want this to be fun and not worry about what people think.

I'll now get back to watch CSI with Hubs, drink my decaf non-fat tall pumpkin spice latte (someday I'll remember in what order to say that :)), and get a bowl of pb cup ice cream! 'Cause I need it. I normally question whether or not I want to drink 200 calories. The answer today was I need it, want it, going to get it and not care, he. AND I'm going to have ice cream too! Since I'm back to eating better again you know something is a little wrong when I eat lots and lots of sweets! They make me feel better and the kind words of my Hubby telling me that he loves me. Blog ya later peeps!

And now to lighten the mood! Some Awards! You know I wish I could give one to everyone who reads this blog! I love every single individual one of you!!!

I was given this rockin' Smile Award by Make Mine a Mojito, Britni and Justin, and Lulu!

1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world. (Working to get there someday...)
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
These are the rules for the Smile Award:
1. The recipient must link back the award's
creator.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by
Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

I'd like to pass this award to:

What a Sweet Life (sorry it's protected) because she always makes me smile! She is an amazing nurse, and great Mommy, and very good friend!
The Sturgill Road because she is such a fun adventurous Mommy and a great friend too! We got to know each other a little bit while we were in VA but have gotten to know each even more through the blog world!
My Home, My Life because she is such fun loving sweet light-hearted gal, and I really enjoy reading her blog!
LyndsAU: Another fun blog! She is too cute and gorgeous with her awesome magazine worthy wedding photog shots. She puts it all out there in such a fun and honest way!
Tales of the Trees: I'll just say that I definitely smile every time I read her blog! She is a super cute fun-loving newlywed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And this snazy BFF Gold Card Award from Make Mine a Mojito! I LOVE her blog, she is so cute, and fun, and a great writer! If I could give this back to her I would!

I would love to pass the BFF award to:

Lane: She is fun, witty, sweet, and I think we have a lot in common! She has a little guy about our little guys age and just writes with such a great sweet spirit!
Tara: She is getting married soon and I love reading about her journey!
Nina: I'm new to her blog but love to read! I look forward to continuing!
FootBalls and Crowns: I love keeping up with her and her two adorable kiddos!
Be Thou A Knight: We've been blogging buddies for a while now and I so enjoy keeping up with her!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The I Love You This Much Award from Lulu! I'm just getting to know her blog too and I look forward to reading more!

I would LOVE to give this award to:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee: If you have never been to her site before, you have to go! She totally rocks! She has such amazing and inspiring craft projects and ideas!
Bless this Nest: Another sweet hearted inspiring decorator! You have to check her blog out!
All Things In Moddy: You always make me smile!
Blue-Eyed Bride: She is another super fun super sweet newlywed!
And to Smile It's Becky too, even though she already has it! She is rockin' teacher and fun gal!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And the Kreativ Blogger award from Danielle! She is a sweet Mommy of two adorable childrens and a cute, fun blog!

I have to list six things that make me happy then pass it on to six FANTASTIC blogs!

My six happy things are:
1. Strength and faith from God
2. Every time Hubby changes a diaper and spends time with the baby (which is ALL the time)
3. Cuddles, giggles, and the sweet looks from my BabyBoy.
4.Shopping!
5.Coffee
6. Food

I'd like to pass it on to these awesome bloggers:
1. Glamorous Life of a House Wife: always fun and interesting!
2. Seven Clown Circus: I'm new to her blog, but she is super cute with her big family!
3. The Farmer Files: We're old friends, she always writes inspired, and always tells about all the neat things that happen while they're living in Hawaii!
4. Mabel's House: Another fun quaint blog with super cute decorating and food inspiration!
5. Sweet Simplicity: Her name says it all!
6. Tater Tales: I'm pretty new to her blog, she is hilarious and witty and always makes me smile when I read her posts!

And when Audrey gets a public blog, I would so give you an award too! :)

Love and hugs to everybody reading (commenters or not)! I have to go clean, I'll catch up with you soon!

42 comments:

Monogrammed Teacher said...

Well said, I dont think you are wrong at all. Some days it seems like I have a million readers, others nothing, its hard to keep up and then the horrible feeling when NO one comments is the worse. I enjoy reading and will continue! I promise I will try harder to comment! Thanks for the great read!

Tater Mama said...

Girl...! I don't even know what to say except THANK YOU for the award and your very kind comments about the blog. What a generous person you are! I'll figure out how to post it and then pass on the encouragement! Goodness knows, those of us who are NEW to bloggyland can use it!

Keep writing. The more you write, the better your blog gets. I enjoy it more and more.

Thanks again! Have a super Thursday!

HisTreasuredPossession said...

hey! you know, do try and not take it too hard. Life is really busy here and I suspect for many people there's just a lot to do every day. I don't want blogging to be a "god," so I have to be careful about the time. I do try to skim every blog that is updated on my RSS so though I may not have time to comment I'm reading. Consider getting a map or Google Analytics. R has it and I know she's able to see who is looking but not able (or willing) to comment. Blogging vacations have helped me remember why I'm doing this too - for me and the family! ;-)

Rebecca Jo said...

I dont think you are wrong at all! We're your blog buddies - we're on your side no matter what :-)

And look at all your awards - you can totally do a Sally Fields & scream "You love me - you really love me"....we do love you - you have an awesome blog!!!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the sweet award!! Love your blog!!! I am a faithful reader!! It is wierd how some days you get tons of comments and then others you get 2?? I love your posts, I may not always comment, but I am always reading!!

Rebecca Taylor said...

I love reading your blog and hearing all about you and your precious family!

It's hard to not think about the number of comments you get or don't get. You're not alone!

And I think you're gorgeous! :)

Keep it up...I'll be here commenting!

Lindsey said...

Congrats on all the awards! You deserve every single one!!! And I feel the same way, sometimes I get lots of comments and feel popular and some days I don't get many at all. But I love reading your blog!=)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Don't feel bad about posting your own personal thoughts and feelings. That is what are blogs are for! I think you are wonderful, even though I have not met you in real life! And you deserve to have ice cream and a PSL!So indulge and enjoy yourself!

LyndsAU said...

I completely understand where you are coming from on this :) Don't worry, we all think the same! It's ok. I am your bloggy friend :)
And thank you thank you for my award-you are too sweet! hugs!

The Farmer Files said...

Much mahalo for the award! Much aloha and many (((HUGS))). Totally agree with HTP, get something that shows who is reading and where. My Google Analytics is for ME because I need it. It makes me feel great to see HTP (KS) reads everyday, even though I know she doesn't comment everyday. ;) Crazy...it has taken me 30 minutes to finish this post because I keep getting up to put out fires with the kids today!!!! BYE!

My home - My life said...

I had a "follower" leave me once and I was sad - haha - I just saw my number went down and I don't know who it is but it made me sad - haha

Thanks so much for the award! You are too sweet!

Miss Anne said...

I agree and try to make sure I take time to read each person's blog, and the comments left for me. I LOVE meeting new people and learning about their lives.

This is a new hobby for me, and I am falling in love with it!

*lucky you* for receiving blog awards! :)

NMB said...

OHH THANK U, NC! You know I love your blog too and am glad we found each other on here. You are way too hard on yourself - keep up the great work with the blog...we are all reading! Thank u again for the kind award!!!

Britni and Justin said...

I promise I am really trying to keep up with my comments! I love your blog!! I sometimes feel like my blog is a burden because it is not a "blogger" blog, and password protected. I think that has kept me from getting a lot of readers/comments. I have a question for you - do you think it would make it easier if I posted a comment on my blogger page each time I update my site? Just a random thought! Look at you with all of those awards! Congrats - you deserve them!

Megan said...

Thank you so much for the award and congrats on yours!! I know how you feel, I think we all feel like that at times, but just keep doing your thing! I love it!
Blog awards are fun!

Trina said...

Isn't it nice to get comments? I almost typed compliments, and then again that's kinda how we view them isn't it? I've struggled with this same thing. I have a sitemeter so I know people are visiting, but I don't get near the amount of comments compared to the hits I get. So it makes me wonder why people don't say HI. But I've decided that I am not going to allow it to bother me, I blog because I like it and because it's an outlet for me. I know my momma reads it and that's enough for me :)

Weeksie50 said...

Some days I do good to just read them.. I try so very hard to comment.. because I know how I feel when I spend time coming up with a blog and no one leaves me any love.. I don't think you are silly to feel the way that you do.. I loved reading your thoughts and felt better about me having some of the same thoughts sometime..

Thank You so much for the bloggy love.. I think that award is so cute and I can't wait to pass it on..

Lulu said...

You keep a smile on your face, girl! Love reading your posts, can't wait to (finally) catch up on your archives and get to know more about you. I'm also dying to know where in the Southwest you're located? Have a sneaking suspicion we lived in the same state...

HopingandWaiting said...

Hey! I know exactly how you feel about worrying if other people like you. I struggle with that so much. I want to be all my friends 'closest' friend. My husband is working with me on this.

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the way you have encouraged me and I enjoy reading your blog. I would leave you comments more often if I had the internet at my house or if I could use it at the school where I teach (they have blogger blocked). :) I am at my mother-in-laws now. Anyways, talk to you soon!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

thank you so much!!!! i am SO bad about passing out awards. i've gotten awards lately and it takes me forever to hand them back out.

i love reading all of your stories and try to comment as often as i can.

honestly, sometimes when i check my google reader it says that i have 100 unread posts! it's so overwhelming. i'm doing good to read them all and i try to comment as much as possible. i'm sure others feel the same way. the blog community spreads so far and it gets harder and harder every day to keep up. new bloggers pop onto the screen and then you "follow" them, too.

hang in there. your posts are wonderful, upbeat, and encouraging and people love them!

Sandy Toes said...

Wow...how fun is that! You have racked up the awards.. I love love love your new Blog look..it looks wonderful!!!!!!!! Five stars!

I would not take anything personal with comments...they come and go. I try to comment everyone I read but sometimes life just gets crazy and I can't!

We love your blog...your theme...your kids...your one of my favorites!
-Sandy Toes

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

I'm just going to be honest and say that lately I feel like I don't even have time to breath, much less read. I think I'm just in a season - new town, new job, been sick - and the thing that falls by the wayside is taking the time to stop and comment. I read...and sometimes I don't read for a few days and then come read them all at once...

I would be careful not to internalize too much! We all just have our busier and less busy days...but like real friends, we'll always come around!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Girl, we totally love you! (And so do so many others, to judge by your awards...) I understand how you feel, though, and the "does she like me?" mentality that we ALL have. Just wanted to say that I DO like you and I love to visit your blog! That said, thank you for my award! I am super-excited that you like ME and am happy we met in blogland! :)
Carrie

The Pink Owl said...

Well said! I love your blog! Keep writing! :)

Tracy said...

Your posts are fun to read. I am a newer reader and I just recently put you in my favorites. I don't always get to all my blog reads during my daughter's naptime or she wakes up and I try to hurry and don't always get to leave comments on everyone's posts.

Pearls and Grace said...

You are a DOLL! Be encouraged and know that you are touching people all over the world sharing about your life and your precious family! Thank you for you sweet comments and I just wanted to let you know that I am still trying to catch up with everything after just giving birth! I just love blogging and meeting new folks, but hardly have the time to read, comment, etc. most days! I am trying to be a better blogger!! By the way, I don't have a great pumpkin pie recipe, but have tons of others. I have a great pumpkin choc. chip muffin recipe which I am going to post about asap! It is divine. Lori with a journey to our daughter did a post on her "winning" PP recipe. She's won awards and things- I don't have anything that good!! LOL!

Congrats on all of your awards! You deserve every one!

Blessings,

Sebi

Krysta said...

Congrats on your awards! Don't worry, we all feel the same way. Thanks a lot for making me crave peanut butter cup ice cream now. I MUST HAVE IT!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am glad you spoke your heart....it is hard not to take some of these things personally....I try to tell myself that I am publishing what is important to me and if no one else thinks it is blogworthy, than so be it....try not to get to caught up in the comments...

Ok...off to check my email to see how many comments are in.....Just Kidding!

I love your blog, keep doing what you do!

Lisa

PS...I have a link to a blog post I think you need to read...it is titled life cycle of a blog...I recently stumbled across it...and it totally cracked me up!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Here is the link....I looked to see if you had an email address so I could send it to you, but couldn't find one...here you go

http://borrowedlight.blogspot.com/2008/01/life-cycle-of-blog.html


I could not stop laughing as I read it, but it is so true!

Jenn said...

I think the fact that so many people have awarded you just because they enjoy your blog says a lot girl. I wouldn't take lack of followers or commenters too much to heart.

Remember you have value, worth and importance regardless. It made me sad to know that you had no father figure to tell you that when you so needed to hear it.

KNow that you are loved and appreciated - even by your fellow bloggers. (o:

Tara Caire said...

thanks sweetie!! I know how you feel, but don't let it get to you! I love your blog and I'm a faithful reader! :)

ARK said...

I read it and love it so don't worry, it only matters what I think right? ha ha Seriously, do not even worry about what others think, I think sometimes we think others are judging us, when really they aren't at all, they are just busy or don't know us that well. I mean really, how many times do we as women think someone is a snobby, know it all, thinks the world revolves around them and then... we get to know them and find out they are super sweet and regret all those thoughts:) It has happened to me many times so I really try not to judge and it can be hard sometimes so I am always calling on God to help me and forgive me:)Ofcourse, some people are going to just not like us or judge us, for whatever reason (usually they are just not content with their own lives and hate to see us happy) we can't help that so just go on living a happy life, laugh, and love and don't worry about them:) I can't imagine someone not loving or judging you!Stay sweet and his word that helps a lot:)Keep blogging and posting pics:)

Renee said...

Thanks! You are a lot of fun.

Btw, you always seem to have a lot of comments. Like Heather or someone commented before.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Hi again, just wanted to let you know that I gave you a little shout out today on my blog...thanks again so much for my sweet award! :) Hope your day has gotten a little brighter with all your lovely comments!
Carrie

Carrie said...

Congrats on the awards I would keep doing what you are doing I think its great!

Shannon said...

I think we all go through that - lots of readers and comments, to none..then back again. I know that when I don't get a single comment on a post - I start to think it was a dumb post, so I delete it LOL... See, you're not the only one!

Preppy in the City said...

I feel the same way! I hope you have a good weekend!

Carolyn said...

...I didn't have a Dad around telling me I was gorgeous and worth everything in the world growing up so I'd like to think I can blame some of it on that.

I can 100% relate to that girl, it's something you can't help but can only choose to overcome. It took me a long time and actually took my dad's passing away for me to realize that every experience, good, bad or lack thereof, in life...makes us the wonderful person we are today. And you're pretty fabulous!

Keep your head up!!

Shannon said...

AWWWWW!! You are so sweet! Thank you so much!! I love getting awards...they are so fun!

I think you might be (and I say this in the nicest way) paranoid because who WOULDNT like your blog?!!? You are so cute and fun! I try to comment often but it takes me a couple of days to get to all my blogs so usually when I come to a blog I am catching up from a few days. Love your blog!

Hollie said...

Thanks for the award.....I love YOUR blog! You bessss keep writin'!!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Thanks for the award! I can't wait to put it up on my blog!

Liz said...

Aw thank you! I missed this before. You're too sweet!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved