Monday, September 15, 2008

You're Crazier Than I Thought

These are the sweet words that I heard from my loving Aunt Dottie, the other day. I hung and then well rehung some pictures (the ones over the reading/puzzle corner) 3 ok maybe 4 different times! No, not because of incorrect measuring or unneccessary tiltage, but because, some'm' ain't right.

So the first day, after the initial hanging, I stood there looking, gazing, arms on my hips, eyeing from every angle, saying some'm' ain't right. They needed to go up 4 inches. Measure measure, hammar, hang, measure again, done. No more for that day, too exhausting (especially after my Dad's laser level ripped off part of our wall!! Hubs! We need some touch up :) He's so good). But alas, the following day they were still too close to each other and too low. Up another 2 inches and spaced another inch and some apart. Whoa, that's good for now :) I cut myself off! A little crazy? Too much? Anyone?

On to another subject that doesn't involve people calling me crazy :) It's not like it hasn't happened a time or two. Do you run through an obscene amount of dishes for just the two of you, or the two and a half of you, or for how ever many are in your family?

On that same subject, does anyone have a dishwasher that actually works, without having to "wash" your dishes before your dishwasher "washes" them??

Man.

I'll come wash your dishes for $400!

And Hubs went to the doctor today. Not usual. Both of us wait until we absolutely have to go! Even when my finger was broken, but that's another story for another day...football that's all you get for now. Not an ear infection just clogged. After some crazy spray and a communion cup of wax later, he can now walk straight, not feel like he has the flu, and actually hear what I am saying without saying, what in an old man voice and turning his head to hear out of his "good" ear.

Phew :)

He can now hear better better than ever. He can hear sounds that other humans can't. It's a whole new world! Sing it!

16 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

LOL, actually I do have to wash my dishes before I put them in the dishwasher which defeats the purpose of a dishwasher, right?

preppy little dress said...

i hear ya about waiting until you desparately need to go to the dr. if you read my blog, you'll read it took 5 years before i got up the urge to have surgery to remove my uterine fibroid! talk about stalling!

also, hanging pictures - your comments, priceless! too funny, and so true! i am pretty anal about that too!

hope all is well with you!!

preppy little dress said...

dishes, i love doing them by hand! i am werid like that! my husband uses the dishwasher, i just rinse and load! it's just something about washing them by hand, i know they are clean! odd, yea - that's me! ha! ha!

Hollie said...

now he can't "pretend" not to hear you b/c you KNOW he can hear now!
I hate dishes with a passion and yes, we use more than the Brady Bunch did I'm sure. and we only have 3 people.

Megan said...

Dishes, dishes. I'm going to stat using paper plates!!
And I'm just the opposite, I go to the dr. if my big toe hurts! Well thats an exaggeration but kinda close! :-)

Danielle said...

Yes, it's the pink behind the picture. I had to find a layout with white in the middle because if it has color in the middle it is covered with white. See how your blogs are right on the page itself. It's like mine are on another page sitting on top of the template. Any ideas. I have tried everything. It's like it is stuck there from the first template I ever used.

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Yep, you may be just a bit insane. Hee.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

No kidding about the dishwasher! I would love to have one of those truly "no rinse" ones but I am so anal I would probably end up washing them before anyway. :)
Carrie

Jenn said...

We have a semi-crappy dishwasher in our apartment complex, but I never wash the dishes before I put them in. I just put them in all gross and dirty and if it doesn't get it all, I'll wash it by hand AFTER. You should try that - you'd be surprised what your dishwasher CAN do. (o:

Yea, maybe you are a little crazy. But, that's what keeps me reading. (o: Kidding!

Faith said...

I am so with you on the dishes thing. Yes, yes, yes we deal with that in our house too. If you find a good one, let me know!

Shannon said...

I actually kind of like doing dishes! ha! I"m weird. :)

Kristy said...

I am crazy about hanging things too! If it just isn't right- it's all wrong. Right?

Sandy Toes said...

What a cute blog! I am not sure about that dishwasher...is there one that empties the dishwasher and puts all the sippy cup stoppers in the lids???
-Sandy Toes

Rachel said...

I have hidden so many holes in the walls in my house from my hubby by hanging other things over them =)!! I feel you completely!

Have you tried the new Cascade Complete? I think it works!

Beloved said...

the never ending dish war.
feeling it!

Lane said...

Hey I know exactly how your hubby feels! I have to have that done to me at least twice a year...yuck!!!
Just wanted to thank you so much for your sweet comments and your prayers through this rough time in our lives. We can feel each and every one of them. God Bless!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved