Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We're Coming!

Because my husband totally rocks and just won a huge IDIQ Prime Position, explanation to come, we will be traveling to VA in two weeks! He is a business developer, for a government contractor supporting the marine corps (very awesome!), a proposal manager, marketing, operations manager, all under his BD Manager title. He's hoping his salary will soon match his work and work won (has been a ton this year already), even though I think he's doing a great job!

Ok I have to tell you that he would be telling me to stop pumping him up right now, he always jokes around that I tell people that he be the president of the US of A, because I always tout how good he is at everything. He could be on the USTA tennis tour, he could be a pro baseball player, he is your all american good at every sport kind of guy, it's just true :)

Sooo you VA gals, we're coming from Sept 23-30 Tues to Tues! We would love love love to see you!

And can I just tell you the deal I found on our flight. Oh my goodnes you are not going to believe it, I didn't at first. After searching dates like crazy I found round trip tickets including taxes and all fees and everything they add for $152. $152 to fly from AZ to VA!!

For those interested, the IDIQ Prime spot means: Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity, meaning that instead of competing with 100s of companies, all of the work that will come out in this domain they will only be competing with 4 and there is an indefinite amount of work they could win! He wrote the entire proposal with some input from another co-worker who will be the PM (Project Manager). Hubby rocks!

See you soon!!!

(LL I tried to figure out a way to go through Atlanta!)

Ooh and there will either be a party or a nice dinner and Hubby's boss and his wife have been wanting to go out to dinner with us (so nice!) so I have another occasion to wear a fun dress! So fun to dress up!

16 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Well, since your husband is such a genius, i'm sure there will be other chances to try to fly through Atl. :-)

The Farmer Files said...

152? That is so crazy!!!

LyndsAU said...

yay for husband :) that's great! :)

ARK said...

yay, I love your hubby's job and the way he lets you tag along!

Rebecca Taylor said...

That's wonderful!! I know you're so proud of him!

Shannon said...

THe name of your blog totally cracks me up! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Faith said...

This is great news! Yay for your husband and a fun trip!

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Congrats!

Emily said...

we're excited to see you guys! and i know you are proud that i'm actually reading the blog!! quite entertaining! now that mike is home from work i actually got in a shower, a chance to check email and a moment to myself - thank goodness!! can't wait for you to meet little ella!
oh and for the inept blogger that i am, where is the video you mentioned? we'd love to see the little guy's latest tricks - although i guess we will see them in person soon!

Mel said...

CONGRATS E!!! Way to go! And way to toot his horn, wife! :) not sure if we'll get to see you this time as we'll be out of town that whole week... sorry!

It's me Suzette! said...

I love that you brag about your hubby so much! I'm guilty of that! :)

You should definitely go to Cabo! I bet you could get a great deal from AZ! And woah, you got a phenomonal deal on the flight to VA! Nice!

Have a blast! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love new bloggy friends! :)

The Eekhoff Clan said...

boo hoo, we leave for KC on the 19th. Can you make a stop through the KC airport? :) Will so miss being able to see you (again!!).
Incredible deal!! With all that money you saved, aren't you glad you got that pretty little pitcher?!

Lianna Knight said...

Congrats to the hubby!!! And to you...what a fun mini-vacation for you :) And of course, have a great time picking out a cute little dress to wear :)

Blessings!

audreyo said...

Can't wait to see you guys! Need anywhere to stay/grab dinner? Exploiting my Spanish to its maximum: mi casa es su casa.

We will include you in the email loop for the 9/25 playgroup...once we figure out where it will be held, that is! ;)

Mama in Training said...

Okay, girlie, I hope to get to see you. SOOO proud of your shopping prowess. ;)

Heather said...

Look at you, Mrs. Bargain Hunter extraordinaire! Let us know if you are free for dinner that Friday or Saturday!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved