Monday, September 22, 2008

How Did That Happen?

The Hubs, Bugster, and I went to do a little shopping yesterday. Shopping! Hubs needs some new khakis, tennis shoes, some shirts maybe. So off to the mall we went. I wanted to look at a few things including some capris (I told you no sign of Fall here) and maybe tops because well I don't really have any, ok many! We still have mostly east coast clothing, you know cooler weather most of the time :) Somehow we came in at the Juniors entrance, where it seems I find a lot more clothes there, anybody else? Please tell me I'm not alone there. I try not to go too young as people think I'm 15 anyway!

Although we love to shop together, ok let me say Hubs LOVES nothing about shopping but if we had the choice, you know we like to be together. Ahh, sweet! But the inefficiency also drives him craaaazy. So he went to the men's section. And who took the baby? Guess. Did you guess? Hubs took the baby! Have I mentioned before that he rocks! He does! Back to the shopping...Hubs found nothing, while I had like 15 pieces of clothing to try on.

His shopping threshold was up at about 23 minutes! He said, I don't care anymore. We'll have to start the 23 minutes over another day. But we did head to Kohls, we haven't been there in a looong time but they occasionally have a good deal on shoes. I did find a pair of capris (1/2 price! and all I could find) while Hubs found...nothing. I walked away from the day with two pairs of capris, a couple shirts, all on sale mind you, and my poor awesome Hubster walked away with...wait for it...nothing.

How did that happen?

The top has cute ruffly detail at the top, I don't do a lot of purple, but I'm trying to expand my color horizons! And the capris look really wide leg but they're cute on...I think.

Hubby agrees now that it is so much easier to shop in boutique stores, but a lot of them are so expensive so we end up heading straight back to the sale sections. But I'll tell you what, I am growing weary of searching through all of the sale clothes and finding almost nothing. Hmpph. What to do? What are your go to stores?

Now I have to go clean...boo...so the house is super clean so when we get back we don't have to worry about it when we are tired. I mean it's not dirty. But I do put off scrubbing as long as I can. Vaccuming not too bad, sweeping getting worse, mopping forget it, scrubbing bathrooms, blah! Can you say Clor0x wipes?? I think I'm on laundry load #4 so far, last one! I do laundry all the time, but we have a baby ok. I'm not that much of a slacker, well only when it comes to scrubbing, he!

We're on our way flying tomorrow! Please pray for a fast and smooth travel day. Bugster boo normally does really well flying so here's to praying that continues. We'll probably leave our house around 6:30am and touch down at 7pm, get our rental car, head to my Mom's, and be there by 8:30pm we hope! Whoa. Have a great day and I'll catch up with you on Wednesday!


I'm looking forward to playgroups, game night, dinners, family and friends, and seeing ya'll soon! Blog ya later...

Reading before "nnnap" See the "fall" apparel?

Edited to add: I do get a rush out of decluttering, I love when everything is in it's place, Hubby says I can tear through any house, sprinkle some magic powder, and have it looking all spiffy in no time, hehe! I'm a dork, I know. Pshue!

17 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the sales at Kohls - and very cute top. Berry colors are very "in" this season. (o: Have a safe and happy travel.

Renee said...

I like that purple shirt - very pretty.

I can't tell you the number of times we have gone to the mall to shop for my husband who then decides he doesn't want to try anything on once we are there.

Regarding your previous post: when I was still in school, Chris would sometimes help me study. He would memorize the stuff faster than I could. He had no idea what it meant, but he would have it memorized very quickly. It was a little frustrating to me, but I love the fact that he is so smart!

Lauren said...

I love that outfit!! TOO cute!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love that plum/dark purple are in style right now! I love deep, rich colors but somehow always end up buying black. Have a safe trip!
The "blog ya later" comment had me cracking up! :)

Faith said...

I really like the new capris and the purple shirt! Hope ya'll have a safe trip =)

Sandy Toes said...

Can I have some of that magic powder? B/c that doesn't happen here! I love the outfit!
-Sandy Toes

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Great outfit and good luck with the traveling tomorrow! I have always found that people are super-generous and kind to me when they see me traveling with a child. I hope the same is true for you!
Carrie

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

love the top. super cute. so glad you called yesterday! have a great trip in the homeland!

Annikke said...

Have a great trip!

Those capris are so very cute!

Joelle said...

hey your haircut looks great in this picture! can't wait to see you in nova!

Trina said...

Cute outfit! I love the capris.

Yes, the ALL YOU mag has all kinds of great coupons. I added a link to a blog that lists them all so you get sneak preview of what you'll be getting. Hope that helps :)

Lianna Knight said...

Kohl's is my go-to store.I can always seem to find SOMETHING!!

Praying for a safe trip for you, the hubby and the baby :)

Blessings!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love the purple top and capri's!!

New Girl on Post said...

I love the shirt! Very pretty and usually I don't like purple things.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. To answer your question, I'm not a professional photographer, but I hope to be one of these days. :)

Liz said...

I LOVE that outfit! So cute. I have the hardest time finding capris, my legs are too short. It just looks like I'm wearing pants that shrunk in the dryer. :) The purple top is cute too.

Shannon said...

The clothes you got are CUTE! Have fun on your trip!

I mostly stick to Gap, Banana Rep, Old Navy and Forever 21.

I hate shopping with my husband. It will be his idea to go shopping, I restrain myself and stick with him the whole time but he just breezes is a store and breezes out. He hates trying on so we just leave! It drives me crazy!!

TheVanzants said...

Your little boy is precious! And your new outfit is too cute. I like purple, but don't have much of it. it seems to be a good 'fall color'...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Your family is so cute!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved