Sunday, September 21, 2008

He did it!

He did it! He's now a PIMP I mean P-M-P! :) I am so proud of the Hubs for how hard and diligently he studied! He worked, studied, took care of me and the baby, and slept for a few hours too.

I can only take partial credit for pushing encouraging him to take the test and teaching him some of my dorkster studying techniques, including making him some flash cards, color coded of course!

I admit it, I'm a dork, I liked studying, I like learning. If I got an A- in a course in high school or college, I would have to talk to the teacher and find out why it wasn't an A. And then resolve the situation. We still have a friend from college who gets so excited and claims that he got a higher grade in one of our classes than I did! he didn't!

But alas I still remember the course that took me down! Geology. It was horrible. It ruined my GPA. Ruined it! It might have had something to do with the fact that I didn't like the professor, the lectures, and may have skipped missed a bunch of the lectures (not the labs, I couldn't have done that), to hang out with my future Hubs! Ok my GPA was still alright but for me it ruined it, I would have graduated Summa, instead of Magna cum laude, but I'm not bitter! I'm not. Bitter. At all. Hmpph. Stupid class.

Back to the BIG news!! People pay thousands and take 1/2 a year to study for it. Hubby researched got a great study book, studied his cute little tush off for a few months, and did amazing! I say that because I am sooo proud of the job that he did studying and is just a slight difference than college. He was not as much of a fan of studying in college like I was. He, another friend, and I took a history course together. They goofed off the whole time. I took crazy copious notes. Made awesome flash cards. They studied from my flash cards and did great on most the tests! Hmpphh.

Yay and congrats to Hubby! A celebratory dinner soon to occur at Outback :)

17 comments:

Jim said...

You said:
"... but I'm not bitter! I'm not. Bitter. At all. Hmpph. Stupid class."

That's hilarious.

Mojito Maven said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY Congrats to your hubby. Both Mr. Mojito and I also have to get this certification soon...ugh!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Congrats to your hubby and you!!

Britni and Justin said...

Congrats to your hubby! Celebration dinner sounds yummy!! I think I got the lamps at Kirklands. They usually have great lamps for a good price. I am not sure if you have one of those close to you??

Lane said...

Yay! Love the quote about being bitter! Too funny!

Thank you for your prayers! I am anxious, but at the same time relaxed. Funny how that works!

Shannon said...

Gotta love Outback!

Congrats to your hubby!!

Renee said...

What is a PMP?

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Congrats to you both!

Rebecca Taylor said...

Congratulations to both of you! How exciting! I think a date night calls for a new dress...don't you think? :)

Hollie said...

congrats to your hubby for becoming a PMP...and for scoring an awesome wife like you!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Thanks for your sweet comments peeps!

The PMP is the Proj. Mgmt. Professional (cert.) :) sorry I originally had it in there then took it out :)

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Congrats, E!

I remember I used to hate it in college when I would take a class with A and he didn't even have to take notes and he could do better than me, in a class that was supposed to be MY major. Oh, the struggles of being married to a genius!

The Farmer Files said...

Many CONGRATS to E!!! Calls for a date night while baby is sleeping at home in his crib!

Ok...well I was the OTHER one. I took grad classes when I was an undergrad just to be with Hubs and get the obvious A! LOL!

Sandy Toes said...

Way to Go, Hubby!
-Sandy Toes

p.s. Outback is a great place to celebrate!

Lori said...

Congratulations to BOTH of you!!

Annikke said...

I like to study too and I am a big fan of flash cards!

Congrats to your hubby!

Tara Caire said...

awesome! congrats to your hubby!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved