Monday, September 15, 2008

And To Your Right

Can I start out by saying that moving to a completely new state can be a little...ok maybe a lot lonely, though I do always have my bestest friend with me whom (is that right, who whom?? I used to be good with grammar) I couldn't live without? We do have family here which is wonderful, I've been getting to see a lot of my Aunt Dottie! We're going to get to pedis sometime this week (much needed!). And we have a couple friends and their little guys that actually moved from where we just did, which is very fun (hi M and K)! But being that we are still in search of our new church home we are lacking in the friends in the flesh and here department, you know the laughing, playing games, talking about anything and everything, just chilling and watching tv (don't you know you've found great friends when you can just sit and watch tv together and still have fun just talking and laughing about the craziness on the tube?). Although Hubs and I have been playing some mean two player games!

I really truly from the bottom of my overly sensitive heart cannot say enough how much I appreciate that you not only come by our blog (I know you're all out there, I have super vision...and a site meter) but whether it should or not it soo incredibly brightens my day...and night...and next day too, when you comment. I know that it's not just me, because I have read the same thing on a lot of your blogs too, ha (please tell me I am not the only approval seeker out there, I'm trying not to be)!

So anyway, to your right is a Do You Follow? link. From what I've heard it's similar to google reader, BUT it sends the posts straight to your dashboard! Super easy, super quick, and cute. I thought I'd just throw in the cute, because it makes it sound even better :) Just click on the follow this blog link! Even if you don't do that, leave us a comment, we'd love to hear from you. And if you're reading our blog, I would love to read yours too (notice I include Hubs in our blog because I no joke have him proof each post before it hits your eyes so I don't sound totally insane and moronic, soon I'll feel more comfortable just letting it all ride :))! I know we're not always funny, or crazy, or super exciting, but we'd, ok mostly me...ok really only me, Hubby is secure enough in himself, ha!...still love to hear from you, he!

As so many have been writing, this whole blogging world is amazing. I love keeping up with and getting to know you girls and I love that you keep up with us too. And not to mention all of you super cool girls that I've had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know.

Where should our first "union", like Amy put it (love it!), because most of us have never actually met in "real" life before, going to be? Hawaii, Bahamas, Italy, London, or...smack dab in the middle of the country...where there is a coffee house, a nail salon, some great restaurants, and a lot of shopping?!! Anyone want to host, haha!?

Edited to add: I really have learned a lot from you gals!! and have gotten some great decorating and fashion tips too :)

9 comments:

Carrie said...

I just found your blog I think it is very cute and a good read I will be back. Hang in there I am sure you will be hanging out very soon with some really great new friends.

Jenn said...

Wouldn't that be so fun to have one giant blog-union?! I think that's a great idea - I'm all for it. (o:

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

You are so much fun. I just love your blog! :) Isn't it funny how we usually keep our locations anonymous, but what if we were like next door neighbors or something and went years without knowing it!! I often wonder that about people who read my blog - what if they're really are just so close to me and neither of us know it! Hmmmm....

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I would ask where you moved to but you probably want to keep that private. However, hang in there. We moved for 3 months before I said no way take me back. And of course the hubby did!

Shannon said...

Thank You so much!! And, if that $10 was from you, THANK YOU!! :)

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Trust me, I know what the moving-lonely feeling feels like! I've been doing it my whole life...first military kid, then moving with my husband's job! Guess God got a good little chuckle when I made my plans to NEVER move again after college. Riiiight. Hang in there, girl!

And, like I said...I'm in if we do the union! We need to find a semi-central meeting spot and just do it. It would be SO wierd but it could be fun!

NewlywedCentral said...

Poor thing... I moved to a new town, graduated, married, turned 30 all in the last year... boy do I understand lonely -- I'm glad you have your best friend, as I did too (p.s. it's with whom ;0) -- Thanks for reading my blog! I'm officially following yours -- I love how it shows up in my dashboard, too!!

NewlywedCentral said...

p.s. -- what a great name for your blog! :)

The Farmer Files said...

Aloha...well, if you hurry up you can have the union in Hawaii and I'll host.... ;)

The first 6 months are the hardest when you move...have you been there
6 months yet? I can't remember.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved