Friday, September 19, 2008

AccBLOGability Friday! New and Improved!

Last week was almost going to be the final AccBLOGability Friday. What?! Nooo! I know ya'll are still interested and I know that I do much better during the week knowing that I'm going to chat with you gals on Fridays! You have been such an encouragement to me and I would love to keep going with our journey to Read God's Word, the Eat Healthy, and to Exercise and be healthy woman of God!

If you missed anything, click on the AccBLOGability Fridays label on the right side of the page. :)

So to relaunch AccBLOGability Fridays, I've created a button!! So here's the deal ladies! You can participate in two ways! Yay for varie-tay! There is a link below, that you can leave a comment and then link to your page so you can participate in AccBLOGability Fridays on your own blog ooor you can leave your site in the comment area oooor you can just leave your comment here to tell everyone you did! Ok that was three, I really can count! Just copy the button to the top of your post!

However you choose to be involved, I know everybody would love to hear any encouraging words from you, or tips for things that work for you, or really any advice from our Christian friends is just awesome. What an amazing group of gals in this blogging world, let's encourage each other even more. Try it, you may surprise yourself, or you may just be an encouragement to someone else!

Cool huh?? I made it all by my little 'ole self! I'm proud of myself, it's my first button!

So here goes! Come along! This is how I did this week:

Reading God's Word

I feel like my exercise and reading time are competing. I need to tell myself, self, go to bed, get up before the babe, and read! How and when did I become such a night owl?? Hubs is so ready to go to bed at 8pm, you know that sweet time that if you fell asleep then you'd get the best sleep you've ever gotten?! 8pm? It's so not going to happen. Although when I was teaching I did fall asleep pretty close to that sometimes. Hmmm it would probably be good for me to encourage Hubs by getting to bed earlier too, whoa revelation!

Eating Healthy

I'm doing...ok...I'm trailing off just a little. We are flying out on Tues. so we're doing the don't buy food before we leave deal. So I am preparing the what's in the pantry and fridge/freezer and throw them together for meal. There not bad, but I am NOT good about eating enough fruits and vegetables. Especially vegetables. I did make Hummus yesterday. Super easy. Super quick. Super healthy. See! And if you're afraid of vampires or just love garlic, add more in there!


Oh and you might do this too, but TIP I LOVE to put foods that I just prepared directly into a storage container, that way, you have your snack, or serve your food, then pop the lid on and throw it in the fridge! Ok, I do not do this when we have company, but if there really good friends, do it!



Look what I found in my dip! Ahh how sweet! It's parsley hummus love!

Exercise

I did something almost everyday. Walking with Hubby in the evening, well just up to Starbucks for a sugary drink, hrmmpp, swimming some laps, walking my Aunt, "working out" to a Pil@ates video but cracking up because of what and how the instructor was talking and well it was just too much! Fun, and we'll do it again, but really funny! Where do they find these people? I think I may have lost a couple pounds. I usually set the scale a little high so I look at it and, what I weigh that??, and them somehow sike myself into wanting to do more, ha! Does it work? Hmmm, probably not, but for some crrraaaazy reason, I keep doing it anyway! he!

Alright now it's your turn!!! How did you do this week? Trying a new diet? Trying a new schedule? Doing a new study in the Bible? We'd love to hear about it! Just click on the link below, leave a comment and link your site, or just leave how you did or an encouraging word in the comment section!

Happy Happy Friday, I hope you all have a great day!!! Many blessings!

Mr. Linky didn't work, I'm going to have to try it again, so for now just leave your webpage in the comments and we'll come see you and your progress and tips and encouragement!

10 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

My husband has been away all week with work, so I've been doing the what-can-I-make-that's-easy diet, plus feed my toddler and not go crazy! Lots of fresh fruit though, so I guess that's good! I am starting a Bible study in a few weeks with church and have not been exercising much except chasing the toddler and carrying around a 20 week baby in my belly! Does that count? :) Have a great weekend!
Carrie

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Heart-shape in the hummus = hilarious!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

We will NOT be discussing weight gain. I have nine more weeks to go and according to my "plan" i'm only allowed three more pounds. I feel a depression coming on. I am managing to keep the junk to a minimum, but doing arm work with five pound weights every other day isn't really going to help me burn the calories.

Have been doing more thinking and pondering spiritual matters, writing for Inspired bliss. Reading Utmost for His Highest. Found a line that said "your real business should be intercessory prayer." I wrote it out and stuck it to the TV. That's been helpful.

Love the cute button. I'm very impressed.

Annikke said...

This week I was terrible in the dieting department, I mean, really terrible! I did start a new bible study lan (just by myself) and I managed to do a little bit each day like I wanted to!

Carolyn said...

You are officially added to my P List! I am happy to pray for things like you and your future beaners (what I call my neice Lily). My sister had been trying to get pregnant for 2 years and they finally got the great news that they are pregnant! So prayers DO work and I would be honored to add you to my list. :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Yea for all the good work! That hummus looks yummy!! I did good reading the daily word. I read every night with the hubby and we did all but 2. Same with working out! I did accommplish the eating healthy part but the hardest time is the weekends.So pray for me!!

The Farmer Files said...

1. Reading before blogging and email. That helps with accountability. Sigh.

2. Eating like I should be but I felt no guilt over the cookies I ate last night. It's been a stressful week.

3. Excercising...skippd a couple of days.

Button is adorable. ;)

Renee said...

Cute button.

We are on vacation so I have only read my Bible a couple of times. We got the dining plan for free so that means dessert at lunch and dinner and I can't stop eating it. I am doing much worse in the healthy eating department this week. We are walking a lot but not really at the pace that I normally push my double jogger. I will have to be very serious about working out when we get home.

Lianna Knight said...

Okay...I'm two out of THREE AGAIN this week :(

I prayed EVERY SINGLE day this week. Actually more than normal, thanks to Amy at Chapters for the P-List idea :) I added several peopel to my list and made sure I said an extra prayer for them each and every morning.

I am ALWAYS excercising...not as much as I should, but at least a bit. I walk like a maniac everyday around, through, and all over my school...doesn't that count?

I did NOT eat well this week. I had TOO many chocolate desserts :(

What can I say...I love Chocolate!!!

Happy Friday....come and visit me at www.bethouaknight@blogspot.com or www.growingourowngarden.blogspot.com
I'd love to hear from you!!

Blessings!

Hollie said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the pic of the heart-shaped parsley! bahahaha!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved