Wednesday, September 10, 2008

911 Dialed Waiting to Hit Talk

We kept hearing small little knocking sounds. We were getting ready to go to bed and I shut my computer down before Hubby and I went our room. I wanted to light some candles for a relaxing atmosphere because Hubby had been working and studying (for his PMP more to come) all day. He came in and immediately said wow it's amazing how candles are so relaxing. I asked if he wanted a massage and he surely didn't turn that down. I asked if he wanted me to use some oil or lotion, he quickly said I don't care if you use spit anything sounds good! (was that too much? ha!)

Not long after I realized we forgot the baby monitor in the other room so Hubby went to get it. It was on and working but we still kept hearing these little knocks here and there. He checked on the baby and he was in a crazily uncomfortable looking position, but he was breathing and fine. We thought if it was BabyBoy kicking his crib we would be hearing it through the monitor. It sounded like it was coming from right outside our room! In the baby's room or the extra bedroom. They were getting a little louder and a little more frequent.

I said call our neighbor, call our neighbor, he'll protect us. He is a former US Marshall and private investigator and has quite an arsenal. He keeps his close eye out for us! He gave us his toll free number that will go to his pager, his phone, his cell phone, his dogs bark, his wife's phone sets off a tone, just kidding, but it really is connected to every phone he has. We put his number in our phones and he is now on speed dial too.

Hubby popped up and said grab your phone! I said oh no I don't know where my phone is. So I got up too, thinking where is a baseball bat when you need one, it's nicely stowed away in the garage when Hubby organized it, then thought I could grab a knife but then what if someone could over power me and then use it against me! We did the, you call my phone and we'll see where it is dealy and it was on the top of our new jogging stroller! Side note: We jogged up to Starbucks last night, 4 minutes, got a couple Pumpkin Spice Lattes, yummy! Jen kept talking about them so we had to get them, and then walked home. Yay! Back to the drama!

Got the phone, then I said oh my gosh you don't think someone is in the baby's room do you?? Hubby said I can't believe you just said that, shut the hall light off, and went straight into the baby's room with his phone for light (we've been doing that since little guy came home, just enough light, not too much, not too little). Clear. No intruders. No sign of breaking entry. The blanket was still securely tucked into the blinds to block the sunrise at way to early in the morning!

Hubby is investigating inside and outside, looking with his phone for footprints outside. Meanwhile I put 911 on my phone and waited for the word. Meanwhile, BabyBoy starts crying. Because of all the commotion, Hubby agreed that I had to go in and comfort him while Hubby continued his investigation. It was some great cuddle time for Mommy too, I had no problem with having to go in there (we normally have a baby doesn't come out of the crib unless completely necessary rule, comfort if you need (more when he was younger) then get out, I would want to pick him up and cuddle him every time but they just need to learn to sleep and fall asleep by their little selves, they're smart little creatures:)).

Nothing found, and it seemed like the noises stopped. I'll tell you our hearts (ok apparently, it was just me Hubby is informing me, ha!) were racing though. We came back to our room, laid on the bed, eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling, just listening with a close ear. Ultimately, I believe that it was in fact our own little goofball kicking his crib, but somehow wasn't coming through the monitor. It has happened before with certain noises. Weird. And scary. Whoa. But we're ok.

15 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

love the drama...just make sure you don't have mice!!!

Bethany said...

That entry was chock full of suspense! I hate situations like that - it usually happens to me, at night, when of course hubby is DJing or something. Glad to hear that you're all safe :) Excited to see you next week!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Talk about ruining a moment.... :-) I'd be freaked out too though!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

you guys are insane. that is all.

Jenn said...

My heart was almost racing wondering what it was! Glad everything was okay though and it turned out to be nothing!

And so excited that you enjoyed some pumpkin lattes too! Aren't they the best?!

Faith said...

Ha! This was pretty funny. Glad you guys are okay after all!

Renee said...

From all the talk about the candles I though you had started a fire. Glad you didn't.

Megan said...

Thanks for stopping by! This story had me on the edge of my seat! Glad everything was OK!

Mama in Training said...

TFF & Renee- good comments. Okay, NOT cool to be freaked out of your skin! Did hubby get his massage after all? ;) I thought you were going to talk about intimacy. Ha!

Heather said...

I was waiting for you to tell us that Baby boy had somehow gotten a hold of the phone and accidentally dialed 911 while playing with it, and that the knocking was the emergency response team at your door!

Rebecca Taylor said...

I was scared reading your post, but SO glad everything is ok!!!

The Brown Family said...

Oh my goodness! How scary! I am glad it was nothing!

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

That was so freaky!!!

The Eekhoff Clan said...

I hate those kind of moments. I feel bad for our hubbies because you know they are scared out of their wits too, but they are the ones supposed to be brave! I would become really good friends with that neighbor of yours! :)

Tara Caire said...

omg.. my heart was pounding while reading that! im glad that everything is ok!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved