Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thoughts From An Undiagnosed OCDs Mind

1. Hubby grabbed some extra straws from our lunch at Subway one day for our homemade smoothies. When I got got them out of the bag to put them away I counted them and said, phew there's an even number! I don't know what we would have done if there wasn't an even number. Hubby said we would have to throw them all away.

2. Our spices are labeled on the top as well so when you look in the pull out drawer you don't have to pick each one up :)

3. The trash can in the back corner of the laundry room is not straight and not in the corner enough, it is now.

4. How many times, while making the bed, do you pull on the bedspread to make sure it is even on both sides of the bed, when you are just going to get in it that night and mess it up again? I mean when I actually make the bed, ha!

5. My smile did not look right in that picture, we have to take another one, another one, another one, ok one more then I'll be done! Love you honey!

6. Will I ever find a pair of jeans that I think actually like and that make my butt look good...for the price I would pay for them?

7. People are coming over? Fluff the pillows, pick up specks of dirt off the floor on hands and knees because the baby is napping and don't to wake him up, straighten the pictures, refold the towels in the bathroom, look in a mirror and make sure my hair and outfit look ok (or I'll have to redo it or change), run around in a few circles and make sure everything looks ok!

8. When I get an idea in my head, Hubby says I'm, "PSHUE", with a clap of your hands and one hand shooting forward, I'm off until it gets done. Researching for a product, searching for whatever it is, wanting to go somewhere, calling until it gets done...pshue!

9. How many nights in a row will be stay up late watching the Olympics, can't turn off?

10. I couldn't only have 9 in the list!

Is it just me? ha!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Sometime I wish I were like that! Then my house would be cleaner and my bed would be made.

Heather said...

You are too funny! If it makes you feel any better my friend Lisa teases me about my kitchen pantry - apparently all our neatly stacked cans with labels facing forward reminds her of that scary scene at the end of the movie Sleeping with the Enemy when Julia Roberts opens her kitchen cabinet to find everything perfectly organized and that's when you KNOW her husband is in the house!

I hope you are a fan of the show Monk because you and he would get along fabulously with the whole even numbers thing, that and the fact that he is the real OCD ;)!

Faith said...

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

And, I have to say...no, it's not just you - I'm guilty too!!!

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Your not alone in your OCD-ness!

Oh, and I've got a hint for you about the jeans courtesy of Kelly Ripa (as far as making your butt look good)... She said that you should buy them tight enough that you can reach in and lift your cheeks before you button them up. It's the perfect way to have a natural butt-lift! Ha! I tried it...and yes it works!

Shannon said...

It is not just you! I drive myself crazy because of being a perfectionist. :) I think I drive my friends and family crazy too!!

Megan said...

Well, I have to say that your home was beautiful but that's not what matters. It is a HOME, filled with love and grace and Jesus and that's all that matters.

Also, I with you on the "pshue" thing... Idea, plan, hit it!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved