Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pray for Beans

It still amazes me where God leads us.

It really serves as a reminder that God is in control. That He really does have our best interests in mind, and that he is the ruler of all. As many of you know Hubby and I recently had a miscarriage. It is still hard to type and difficult to think about. As we have been praying for God's timing, we are still praying that His timing is soon. I was thinking this was mostly me, but Hubby keeps saying sweet things that remind me he is so ready to have another little bean, it'll be so great to hold a tiny baby again, excited for the way they look up at you when you hold them (and they don't try to wiggle out of your arms), can't wait til it's us again. Many people have told us that God honors the desires of our hearts. We pray this is true. Almost constantly, I have to give this want to God. I have to remind myself (Hubby helps me here) that my/our timing is not His Perfect timing. Oh how I thought and think ours is. It would have been so great, they would have been the perfect age apart for our family, I would have been almost 4 months pregnant now, I'm supposed to be pregnant like all the women I keep seeing, I'm supposed to be buying maternity clothes right now and not shopping for "regular" clothes. But I'm not supposed to be right now. We are praying that the time is near for us to start miraculously, by God's grace, growing another little bean.

My whole point to all of that was God has led me (in my current blogging addiction, whoa I'm addicted, it's a great way to keep in touch) to so many girls/couples who are waiting for the same thing. Each of them have their own unique story; how long they've been waiting, the struggles they've gone through, and the struggles they are going through. But I would love for whoever is reading this to say a prayer for these girls and any others that are not mentioned or that we don't know about, who are waiting on God for His Perfect precious baby bean timing. There are also many girls that we have heard from after our recent news that have also had a miscarriage; I would love for us to say a prayer for them too, for their hearts, for renewal, for their bodies, for their minds, and for their families. If you would like to add yourself to the list, please do so we can be praying for your womb, your home, your marriage, your peace, your patience, your strength, your faith, and your heart.

Lianna at Be Thou a Knight
Amy at Chapters
Faith at Walk With Me By Faith

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)

Trust in the Lord and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Psalm 37:3-5, 7a) (I agree that the waiting is so very hard)

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)

God Bless!

Edited to add:

Please add these sweet girls too!

Nancy
Mary C
Krysta (Krysta made a great point on her blog about not dwelling on this every single day. Enjoy and live life and let God take it.

Can I tell you how awesome I (and Hubby) think it is that ALL of new "friends" that we've never met before are praying for each other. What an amazing and powerful thing! Can't wait to see what God has next!!!

15 comments:

Jenn said...

It's hard to remember that God does have a perfect timing for when we'll be blessed with a child. I think my faith grows with each passing day as I trust in the goodness of God and that He does give us the desires of our hearts.

Thank you for your prayers and your heart as there are several of us waiting and hoping and praying and trusting. It is an encouragement in itself to know that we're not alone in this season of life.

ARK said...

Oh, Dina your post just made me tear up, I can tell you are hurting and it makes me hurt with you. I love how you are being so honest, and open about this. I just prayed for all of you and will continue to do so, I agree we never understand his timing or ways but I have learned they are perfect even though I never realize it at the time, so keep trusting in him and know he is working!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

You know we're praying here.

Go check out runawaymommy.blogspot.com

she is going through something similar and you would like her. Let me know if you can't get to it, I can get her to send you an invite. I think she just made it private.

Nancy said...

Hi, I found your blog through my good friend, Renee (The Sturgill Road.) What a beautiful post! We have a beautiful daughter, but have also suffered both miscarriage and long waits for becoming pregnant again. I want to join your list both to pray and be prayed for. God bless! :)

Faith said...

Thank you so much for your prayers for us. It is so hard to go through the waiting. We just have to focus on what we KNOW to be true, God is good all the time, no matter what circumstances we face. He is working for our good, and I'm thankful for that! Praying for you as well, Dina!

Britni and Justin said...

What a beautiful post! I will keep you in my prayers! I'm praying for all families that are experiencing this same thing. I wanted to thank you for that cute dress suggestion. I couldn't remember which blog I found that on.

Anonymous said...

You make a good point...we often pray for those who are expecting or have just had a child, but we need to remember just as often in prayer those who are going through private struggles with their fertility.

Hang in there!

-jen c.

Mary C said...

I totally understand everything you said! It IS so hard to trust in his timing and not my own...I would be almost 17 weeks along now. A friend at church is pregnant right now and due 2 days after my would-be due date. It has been so hard watching her get bigger bit by bit each week.

I don't know about you, but I will feel ok about everything for about 2 weeks and then it just comes crashing down on me again. I don't know how people deal with this if they don't trust in God's sovereignty.

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me and for asking for prayers for us! We long to have a child, but I try to enjoy "today" and not get caught in the why/how/when no matter how hard it is. There are definitely days that are easier than others to do that, but I truly have faith God has that perfect one at the perfect time for us!

Thanks again for thinking of us!

The Brown Family said...

Your post is beautiful! You seem like such a servant of the Lord. Thank you for sharing your struggles with all of us...it lets me know that I am normal as well.

We,too, would love to be pregnant right now but God has other plans. With my insurance I have to wait a full year before I can get pregnant. So I have to wait until March to even think about getting pregnant, and that's not to say I will get pregnant right away or have a miscarriage. So I too, have to keep in mind that God is in control.
So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You will be in our prayers!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage before our daughter was born and it is just an awful time. God was with us, as He is with you, but still I know how hard it is! I will pray for you...right now in fact, so I don't forget!

In a completely other vein, I am trying to think about where else to look for a candleier (or however you spell it!). I guess antique stores would be my first choice, but I also wonder if you could refurbish some regular chandalier? But then where would the candles go? Hmmm...Pottery Barn probably has something but how much money do you want to spend? They are so pricey. Keep me posted if you have any luck...if you were in Denver I would know just where to tell you to go! :)
Carrie

Lianna Knight said...

Thank you so much for this post. I just can't believe how many caring, loving,and God-fearing woman I have met through blogger. This has honestly been the best thing for me and my husband. Please know that I continue to pray for you daily as well. We all need to stick together and I know the Lord will answer our prayers.

Please add Krysta to this list...she just recieved a BFN after her first IVF attempt... www.mitchandkrysta.blogspot.com

Blessings to all!

The Farmer Files said...

Praying for God's blessing in your womb!

Krysta said...

Thank you so much for adding me to your prayer list. I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It is difficult to wait and trust, but if we do, we will be blessed! I agree with Lianna, creating my blog has been the best thing for me because there is so much support. I'm also adding you to my prayer list!

A working mom said...

Will be praying!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved