Friday, August 22, 2008

AccBLOGability Friday!

Today is Friday! You know what that means! AccBLOGability Fridays! If you missed the intro just click here for AccBLOGability Buddies and here. Please feel so very free to join in anytime!!!

There are three areas that we are going to help each other in, each week, by staying accountable, or being an encourager, through comments :) we'll need a lot of those:

1. Reading God's Word,
2. Eating well, and
3. Exercising

You can pick one or two to work on or all three! Whatever you need!

Here's how I did this week:

1. Reading God's Word: I did a tiny mouse sized piece of cheese better this week (I love cheese), but boy am I a work in progress, and remembering you guys are doing it with me is a huge help! I have read a few nights before bed but have not had the, totally focused get out of your life and into His stop thinking about tomorrow and what happened today and I should check my e-mail even though I know there is no way I would have a new non-spam e-mail and how my hair is going to look after it's cut, kind of time. This is my goal for this next week. Stop, quiet, listen, read, and pray! At least a couple times! Last night I did find and pray on some verses about discipline. Here are a couple:
  1. Col 2:5 - For even though I am absent in body, nevertheless I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good discipline and the stability of your faith in Christ.

  2. 1 Peter 5:9 - But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.
I thought this was a good applicable commentary on that verse: Lions attack sick, young, or straggling animals; they choose victims who are alone or not alert. Peter warns us to watch out for Satan when we are suffering or being persected. Feeling alone, weak, helpless, and cut off from other believers, so focused on our troubles that we forget to watch for danger, we are especially vulnerable to Satan's attacks. During times of suffering, seek other Christians (thanks gals) for support. Keep your eyes on Christ, and resist the devil. Then, says James, "he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

2. Eating Well: Pretty good...still mostly eating at home. We ate out for one lunch at a pretty healthy burrito place and one dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. Have you ever been there? Don't let the salad bar restaurant fool you! Not only do you stack your salad with whatever you want, they have fresh soups, yummy yummy focaccia pizzas, oh my goodness, cheese, soft greasy deep dish bread, soft serve ice cream and peanut butter chocolate chip muffins! Yes, at first I thought in muffin form? Oh my goodness they were so good...I mean it I mean it, it was so good! Here are a few things I made this week:
  1. Healthied Up Spaghetti with Meat sauce--This time I used ground turkey, yes the texture is a little bit different, ok maybe a lot different, but you know it's good for you, so just eat it :) I used whole wheat pasta, the texture is also a little different but again, whole wheat, it's just better for you! Then instead of using jarred spaghetti sauce, because it has so much sugar, you can just get a large can of chopped or crushed tomatoes (can get them cheap! on sale! clip those coupons girls, ok not sure if there are for these :)). Some are already Italian seasoned or you can just dump in your own spices--garlic (or garlic powder), onion powder, or fresh onions, little salt, pepper, oregano, if you want a kick some crushed red peppers. You could even throw some fresh mushrooms in if you like that sort of thing :)

  2. Stacked bunless burgers--you can choose turkey or beef burgers. I am one that is all for cook with anything you can find in your house (though I do want to weekly plan)! Layer one: mozzarella cheese (part skim). Layer two: I had some canned tomatoes that I had processed from the spaghetti, pefect and no cutting involved! Layer 3: I sauteed some spinach, you don't have to saute it though, I am a dork the only reason I did was one cause the pan was hot already and I didn't feel like having it fall off the burger as we were cutting into it. To top this bad boy off, avocado! Again, if you like that sort of thing, remember it's a MUFA too! We may have also had whole wheat mac and cheese as a side :)

  3. A crock pot meal!--I need to utilize the ease of crock potting. Anyone a crockity pro? Any good recipes. I just did a curry chicken (that used a ton of different spices), tomatoes, mushrooms, and I threw in some other frozen veggies, broccoli, over brown (and some jasmine, smells so good!) rice.

  4. Hubby requested a very yummy recipe: Lasagna Rolls. This will be a post by its lonesome, they are that good! And fresh, homemade, whole wheat rolls!
I'm also trying not to eat two hours before we go to bed. This is so hard! I am ALWAYS hungry!


3. Exercise: Oh boy, when I was playing BabyBoy on the floor I dropped and did 5 push ups. I am pitiful this week with exercise. I thought a lot about it! I looked on craigslist for a jogging stroller and found nothing! Come on craigslist! Hubby did tell me I could get a jogging stroller (on sale or with a coupon), he's knows or is positively anticipating how much we'll use it. Now that our tv is set up I do have enough room to do a cheesy workout video. Yes, maybe I'll try that this week. Cheesy workout video it is! I'll aim for twice this week, can't start too high now!


How did you do girls??? Any more recipes or tips that you found worked this week? Keep it up!!!


Audrey brought up a good point that as we are working on these three areas, it is just a good idea to be more disciplined in general, with house cleaning, oh my we'll talk more about that later, and other areas of life too. Maybe you're already doing a super job at that, but a great idea for those of us who hate mopping. Thanks Audrey for that great point!

6 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

This is my FIRST AccBLOGability Friday...so let's see:
1. I have NOT been very good about reading my Woman's Daily Bible...I think I read Sunday, Monday and Tuesday...and have slacked the rest of the week :(
2. I have been on the South Beach Diet for almost 6 weeks now. I have lost a total of 10 pounds!! A lot of it was weight that I put on the last IVF went through, but I think I'm back to being normal now. Not to mention that I don't have those cravings for bread, potatoes, rice, etc. any longer. Yahooooo!!
3. Excercise...this is my downfall. I used to excercise like a MAD woman...every single day. Now, I do a lot of running around at work (in heels no less), but I promise to get back into a routine this week.

This is fun! Can't wait to hear what others are doing :)

Rebecca Taylor said...

What a great idea! I think I'll put this on my blog next week! I'll confess I haven't been good this week at all! I've been OK about my quiet times, but terrible about eating and working out. I'll try hard this week!

ARK said...

I just love your blog and am so encouraged by it:) 1)I did better than last week but not great, and have decided to start really trying to memorize scripture again. I am posting them all over my bathroom mirror! (won't look real nice but I did this before and it really works)My prayer life got back on track this week and I am really trying to just focus some time each day to just really praise God for all he is doing and will do instead of just asking, and asking him for things:)
2)I haven't had any chocolate all week which is a true miracle in it's self since this is my number one weakness. I tried the whole just a little bite and I have decided I am just better off right now without it, because even when I have my hubby hide it, I find it:)I guess I have no self control when it comes to that stuff. BTW-he is doing this all too with us just not going to blog about it but it really has helped me to have him join me:)
3)Amanda and I took a very long walk one day and then went swimming one day, my goal for this week is to use my rowing machine every day but I have to wipe the dust off first:)I am going to try the spaghetti you made, hubby loves that for some reason:)
Congratulations Lianna on the ten pounds!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Well, I am pregnant so not a lot of exercise this week...still fighting a bit of the nausea but we'll see! In the meantime I can't wait to hear the recipe for those lasagna rolls! Sounds yummy!!
-Carrie

Megan said...

Well, I am a couple days late, but better late than never. I did not do well on the Bible Study front; however, I felt like I had better personal worship and prayer (this is an improvement bc leaving wonderful Bible Study small group behind back east has been a real difficulty for me). So, feeling more centered on Jesus and our place in his plan was better this week (I also think the lasagna rolls helped this too :-).
Eating has been OK. Not too great but not too terrible.
Exercise: Swimming is a great way to exercise but little Jman is not a huge fan of the water so I am not in as long as I would like. Need to work on getting down there at least 30 min.

This is a great idea! Keep it up and I will try and remember to respond sooner.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Yay, good for you guys! We can only strive to better each week, right, or that's what I tell myself :)

And big congrats Lianna, that's awesome!

Mon - memorizing is such a good idea, I need to do that too! And I have so little control myself if there is chocolate or sweets around!! Yay, for B too, that's great :)

That's right Buzzings :) you need to just eat and stay feeling good!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved